[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been practicing Gracie BJJ for 6 months now and my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: gi.png (386KB, 404x530px) Image search: [Google]
gi.png
386KB, 404x530px
I've been practicing Gracie BJJ for 6 months now and my coach has set me up with my first mixed martial arts friendly exhibition match.

It's against a guy who practices Wing Chun. He's my weight and only an inch taller but apparently has 5 more inches of reach than I do.

Any tips? What can I expect as a Brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner going up against a Wing Chun practitioner? What should I look for?
>>
>>1586891
Cover your head, Clinch inmediately and take him down. If he's purely a wing chun fighter he will have no fucking idea was to do once you begin grappling. All his weak arm punches won't knock you out either so don't worry about it. Just focus on that clinch.
>>
>>1586914
Do you think judo throws would work?

Since he probably relies on strikes from range, I could just put up my hands and get in as close as possible right? Then go in for a throw.
>>
take the fight to the ground ASAP

wing chun is 100% striking so he has no ground game and will get submitted easily

just dont get knocked out. dont be an idiot. cover your head/face and close the distance.
>>
>>1587009
Considering I'm a judoka, yes I think judo throws worl. However, since your a bjj guy I'm guessing you focus mostly on ground work so keep it to your best 1 or 2 takedowms. Don't try any new shit in a Competition, do the stuff you know your good at.
>>
Don't you think there's a chance the wing chun guy will be expecting the same advice from here?

"He's a grappler, he'll try to grab you as soon as the signal goes off, if you touch the ground is over."

I imagine he would try to either keep you at bay moving back and around, or quite likely he'll prepare some techniques to inmobilize.

>But wing chun is only for striking!

Isn't boxing. The chinese martial arts usually try to include a bit of everything to cover as many areas as possible, although they tend to specialize. Unlike a boxer, who can't kick for shit, a kung fu practicer is expected to specialize in something (kicking, by example), but have some notions about some other areas, like grappling in the example. Don't be surprised if he tries to grab your arms and apply some pressure technique to inmobilize you.
>>
Attack his weak point for massive damage.
>>
>>1586891
>Gracie
>coach has set me up
understand this, gracie jiujitsu isn't about effective fighting, it's about effective marketing

they are throwing you a fish and will continue to throw you fish indefinitely to make themselves look good
>>
>>1588284
>don't you think the wing chun guy is getting the same advice.

Yep and it's failed every time so far.

https://youtu.be/hc0Gt_M16lM
https://youtu.be/qAN-ZKQlucg
https://youtu.be/2nzHykS-r2M
>>
>>1588533
This is coming from a judoka, brazilian jiujitsu consistantly produces the best ground fighters in the buisiness and the only people who refuse to recognize this are traditional martial artist who haven't learned their lesson since the rise of mma that they can and will be grappled if they don't know how to do it themselves and RBSD commando LARPers who think if you go to the ground you'll land on a pile of broken glass and AIDS needles while 27 Nig nogs and a lava golem come out of the wood work to stomp your head.
>>
File: images(4).jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>
>>1588550

BJJ is great but the gracie school mentality is cancer. Isn't mental stability a huge part of martial arts? Then why the Gracie Jesus could not accept a loss even if his arm was broken in the process?

I'm not saying every gracie bjj fighter is an egomaniac, it varies from one individual to another. But as a fellow bjj student in a non-gracie dojo, i smell the gracie cockiness from a mile away.

Most of the guys end being a brazilian cop, killing poor niggas in favelas. What a fascist way to show your skills huh
>>
Do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAN-ZKQlucg
>>
>>1588590
>being this booty blasted about other schools of the same martial art

You might as well be training karate.
>>
File: do it.jpg (179KB, 1022x730px) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
179KB, 1022x730px
>>1588679
you can get a gracie blue belt without ever attending a class in person, it's worthless
>>
>>1586891
you have zero striking experience????
>>
>>1586914
>he will have no fucking idea was to do once you begin grappling.
He's got knees and elbows because Wing Chun is a well rounded martial art, besides the lack of ground game, though there's still a little ground game in Wing Chun.
>>
>>1588613
yeah if you got a decent takedown and he has 0 ground game this is your best option
>>
Goddamnit I want that gi but I know it'd look autistic as fuck
>>
>>1589592
Why not some aesthetic rash guards?
http://www.dynastyclothingstore.com/category/rash-guards
>>
>>1590014
shame they couldn't find anybody who was actually in shape to model those things
>>
>>1589460
>being this delusional

China man scammed you good.

See >>1588538
>>
>>1587009
You don't need judo throws. Just sneeze on him and he'll fall over.

In all seriousness, you could just hug him and flop. He'll go down without any problems.
>>
>>1589592
You could acquire it as some kind of cosplaying item, you know?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.