[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to get into boxing. What do I need to know? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-08-09-22-29-47.png (999KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-09-22-29-47.png
999KB, 1280x720px
I'd like to get into boxing. What do I need to know? How do you simultaneously focus on offense while focusing on not getting knocked the fuck out and seizuring on the canvas while shitting yourself? Not interested in any other style of martial arts. Boxing has a certain prestige to it.
>>
>>1583844
Kill yourself
>>
>>1583844
Take a Shower
>>
>>1583844
Practice.
Depending on the school you go to some places will make you work the heavy bag and focus mitts for a few months just to teach you to keep your hands up, head moving, and feet moving.

From there it's learning about about when to throw a punch, what an opening looks like, etc.
>>
File: Boxing vs Kickboxing.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Boxing vs Kickboxing.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>1583844
>How do you simultaneously focus on offense while focusing on not getting knocked the fuck out
Over time, Western Boxing has incorporated many Wing Chun principles and modified techniques into their practice.
There are various ways to do that.

>What do I need to know
How to attack, how to defend, and how to mix the two.

>Boxing has a certain prestige to it
It also has a lack of leg kick defense.
>>
I really just want to be able to square up and box any antagonists instead of drawing my /k/ approved CZ P-07 handgun and let that 9 mm ring out, it can sing out
>>
>>1583844
>How do you simultaneously focus on offense while focusing on not getting knocked the fuck out and seizuring on the canvas while shitting yourself?
Just keep your hands up.
>>
>>1583943
>Over time, Western Boxing has incorporated many Wing Chun principles and modified techniques into their practice.

You still here, trying to bait? The wing chun thread died a while ago.
>>
>>1583844
Hands up, footwork, head movement, punches, combinations, head movement + combinations, sparring, go back and retune.

Learn those things in that order and repeat last two steps indefinitely
>>
>>I'd like to get into boxing. What do I need to know?

Find a gym that isn't just cardio bunny classes.

>>How do you simultaneously focus on offense while focusing on not getting knocked the fuck out and seizuring on the canvas while shitting yourself?

Sparring with someone who understands that it's sparring and not a death match, mittwork, double end back, hands up, etc
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.