[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which forgettable, nondescript midcarder will 'do a JBL'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: jbl-wwe-title.jpg (79KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
jbl-wwe-title.jpg
79KB, 642x361px
Which forgettable, nondescript midcarder will 'do a JBL' in this brand split?
>>
>>1567878
It's really hard to tell. It will be interesting whoever it is.
>>
>>1567878
Titus O'Neill
>>
None
>>
>>1567878
Cesaro, Aiden English
>>
Neville
>>
>>1567918
>Cesaro
lol
He's literally just doing the same shit.

>>1567926
Nah. He'll just be cruiserweight champ a couple of times.
>>
Braun Strowman
>>
>>1567878
Dolph Ziggler
>>
Big cass is the only answer
>>
Bray, hopefully. Kinda bummed to see him getting injured, though.
>>
File: Terry Apollo Crews.png (855KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Terry Apollo Crews.png
855KB, 1200x675px
>>1567878
Terry Apollo Creed.
pic related.
>>
>>1567878
It happened just b4 the brand split, Deanetty
>>
>>1568079
He only sprained his ankle. It was reported he wont miss any time.
>>
>>1568093
This. If the split never happened there's no way Dean would still be holding that belt going into/beyond SummerSlam.
>>
> Not liking based JBL's reign and feuding with Booker, Undertaker, Eddie and Cena
Waiting for Dean to even come close to JBL's glory.
>>
>>1568107
OP is implying JBL went from forgettable, nondescript midcarder to being based. Retard.
>>
>>1567878
>do a JBL

need some context on this?
>>
>>1568535

Go from being a shitty midcarder to being a shitty midcarder with the title.
>>
>>1568537
That's what Triple H did.
>>
File: Bo-Truth.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bo-Truth.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
BO DALLAS
>>
>>1568547
Triple H stopped being a midcarder in 1998 faggot.
>>
>>1567878
We can discard anyone on RAW.

SD is actually injecting new life into Dolph so thats were JBL like guys will flourish.

I think Corbin, Apollo and Brayy will become main eventers.
>>
>>1568563
Corbin and Apollo are barley mid-carders at the moment. They have done nothing of value so far. Bray might be able to get a title run now though.
>>
>>1568575
>They have done nothing of value so far.
What exactly did JBL accomplish before becoming WWE champion?

Apollo is great in-ring and being in a tittle feud might give him some character to work with. Im maybe too optimistic in Corbin but he looks threatening enough to be one the brand top heel.

Also his lone wolf gimmick might help him get into feuds with heels witouth turning face.
>>
>>1568591
JBL was at least in the APA who were pretty over. Those two have done nothing but feud with Sheamus and Ziggler which really didn't do anything for them.
>>
>>1568591
>Apollo is great in-ring and being in a tittle feud might give him some character to work with. Im maybe too optimistic in Corbin but he looks threatening enough to be one the brand top heel.
lone wolf is fucking cringe and he look less threatening than JBL's fat ass
Crews is >le smiling negro flippy manlet bobby lashley
>>
>>1568603
You're comparing less than six months on the main roster for crews and Corbin to JBL, who was 8-9 years in before his main event push.
>>
>>1568656
Which would mean Apollo and Corbin won't get their main event push for years. They are both boring anyway so I wouldn't think they should even get that. Fucking Fandango deserves it more.
>>
>>1568667
Honestly when your gimmick is a smiling black flippy man and you're in the fucking WWE you're destined to fail horribly.

WWE has always been more about storylines and character work. Crews has none. Corbin is one of the most bland heels I remember watching.
>>
>>1568669
The people most likely to succeed in the split are ones with character who have not really given a chance yet. Breezango and Heath Slater might be able to become more than jobbers. Slater's promos recently have been very good.
>>
>>1568672
That's true. I honestly started to like Heath more when he was in 3MB and after in Social Outcasts so he already grew on me, Fandango has a special place in my heart because of that based fucking catchy theme and with Breeze they may turn into solid heels eventually that won't be just another tag team that jobs constantly.

I still hope my boy Bo Dallas gets somewhere.
>>
>>1568680
Bo could. Maybe if he's made more like NXT champ Bo he might be able to succeed.
>>
>>1568559
>this kid that only watched that "Monday Night Wars" show from the network.
Trips stopped being a midcarder when Austin got hurt and that whole deal with Steph happened. When Austin came back Trips went down the card. Main Event Trips is really post quad tear.
>>
>>1568686
I mean, Bo has really solid mic skills and with BO-LIEVE he actually made me laugh several times with his promos, something not often accomplished in WWE lately.

Maybe make him less comedic about the bo-lieving or something. Then again we wouldn't see him BTFO Flo Rida without it.
>>
>>1568688
Austin got hurt excuse can be used for any main eventer that came after him, including the rock. Doesn't mean shit.

Austin came back and the first person he feuded with was Triple H. If anyone was bumped down it was the Rock. Check your facts faggot.
>>
I feel Aiden English could get a very good singles run. He's great on the mic.
>>
>>1568701
HHH main evented X7? No. Who won the WWF title from Kurt Angle? The Rock. Who lost to Taker at X7? HHH. You better check yourself before you wreck yourself, bitch.
>>
>>1568712

X7 had the rock because they needed a babyface for Austin to turn heel against. The PPVs before was all about Triple H and Austin. Heck once the heel turn was complete who was getting his ass kicked to kingdom come every week? The Rock.

The Rock won the title from Kurt when the main angle was Austin vs HHH. Kek.
>>
The Miz
>>
>>1568740
Not that guy but pretty obvious you didn't watch this stuff when it was out. Oh well, you just weren't born yet, not your fault.
>>
>>1568905
Would be fine with this. He the most pure heel on Smackdown so when the time is right he may get another title run.
>>
>>1568555
i can only wish
>>
Right now it looks like they're trying to do it with Ziggler.

But it will actually be HarpGOAT
>>
Samoa HE'S FAT
>>
>>1567878
Dean Ambrose. Jbl will tutor him.
>>
>>1569291
The best answer
>>
>>1569553
HES A LUNATIC MAGG- I MEAN OTUNGA
>>
>>1568740
Not true. 3 Stages of Hell happened like half way through the card. Rock v Angle was the main event.
>>
>>1568051
>>1568905
These don't fit, they have been world champs before and 'nondescript' doesn't really describe them well. Hell Miz is IC champ.
>>
Baron Corbin
>>
File: image.gif (299KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
299KB, 500x373px
>>1567907
Titus will never win the WWE Championship
>>
>>1570167
Dolph fits since he never ammounted to anything when he became champ and that was so long ago that he deserves another chance now that he seems to have found motivation.
>>
>>1570197
Baron Corbin doesn't have the appeal to have an American cowboy gimmick
>>
>>1570167
Ziggler only ever had the B title. Really the Big Gold shouldn't ever be counted as a true world title at any point the WWE was around.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>1570260
It was like the gold medal

WWE Championship = Platinum
World Heavy Weight Championship = Gold
Intercontinental Continental Championship and United States Championships = Silver

Tag Team Championship = Bronze
>>
>>1570260
It definitely counts.

Cena devalued the tittle to the point that it was just his toy to play around.

The WHC actually made stars and put people over.
>>
>>1570280
That's just not true
>>
>>1570312
It is.

The WWE tittle was rigged as fuck.

WHC felt more like a legitimate bell.

Cena turned the WWE one in a fucking toy.
>>
>>1570280
Right, the WHC was the upper midcard belt used to create stars, but it was never the main belt so doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation

You seem like a literal underage b& though if you think Cena had anything to do with the prestige of either, the Big Gold had already lost 100% of its credibility by the time he won the WWE title.
>>
>>1570326
>but it was never the main belt so doesn't deserve to be in the same conversation
It does.
>>
>>1570331
The only time it came close was when it was the sole belt on RAW for a year or two for the height of the brand split, WWE would still always make clear it was the #2 belt.
>>
>>1570326
The only stars the WHC made were Batista, Rey and Phil
>>
>>1570340
Just by the way they treated it, yes. The main event at WrestleMania never was for the World Heavyweight Championship
>>
>>1570340
Nope.

The WHC was alway on par with it.

That why Undertaker chose it over the WWE tittle when Undertaker is the biggest figure in wrestling history.
>>
>>1570348
that's why it lost credibility
>>
>>1570350
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XX
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_21

My point still stands, the WWE was always referred to as "sports entertainment's richest prize" and all that shit.
>>
>>1570353
Not really, they always made a point to show the WWE was the main one.

After the belts swapped shows that was the end for anyone even pretending the WHC was at all comparable, and once the brandsplit was over it was Intercontinental Title tier.
>>
>>1570353
>>1570360
>the WHC was a par with it
Hell no, it never was. WrestleMania had 2 "main matches" or a "second main event" the first match always being the WHC, and the WWE Championship being the last one, hence why "The Richest Prize in Sports Entertainment" slogan
>>
>>1570369
Did you not click on those links? WHC closed the show two Manias in a row, but the reason was HHH, not the belt itself, which was always just his vanity project anyway with no history of prestige, just the appearance of the old WCW one.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 640x920px
>>1570370
The WWE Championship one being the most promoted and more important
>>
>>1570375
Right, I'm agreeing with you, just that you got it completely wrong saying it never closed Mania.
>>
>>1570161
wasn't the main event but it was the main angle and it got all the build in the weeks prior, No Way Out was all about Austin/HHH, Rock/Angle was an afterthought
>>
File: c62.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>1568641
>>
File: 8.jpg (305KB, 1296x971px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
305KB, 1296x971px
>>1571117
>>
>>1570260
It was the top title whenever it was on Raw. I didn't watch 2005-2010 but in pretty certain it was Raw's belt during some of that time.
>>
>>1571153
>I didn't watch 2005-2010

There you go, you are talking out of your ass. The WWE was referred to as at the top title the whole time, even when it was on Smackdown.
>>
File: 10.gif (3MB, 368x203px) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
3MB, 368x203px
The Perfect 10
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.