[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was doing some thinking and I was wondering if one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

So I was doing some thinking and I was wondering if one of the reasons why WWE is in the state that it's in because no one hates each other backstage like they used to. I mean we all point WCW (a form of real world conflict) as fuel for the fire for WWE to hit it's creative stride. So if there aren't any backstage conflicts like their used to be (people fighting with each other to get screentime) could we see that as a reason why WWE isn't getting more popularity.
>>
>>1561723
They're cucks who want eachother to succeed, instead of cutthroat cunts who aren't afraid of hurting some feefees.
Look at Cena. He's not afraid of going HAM in a promo on a nigger's character, nor is he part of the backstage vidya circlejerk.
And he's the biggest star they have.
>>
>>1561723
Damn right.

Literally everyone is a jobber these days. In the sense that, they are all in it for a career and fame.

Back in the day wrestling, before Vince got his monopoly, the wrestlers legit fought for their spots. Nowadays, they put on a show, because it's their job. And they all wonder why they aren't seen as legends any more. And the answer is it's because they all feel phony.
>>
Guys of that Era went out there and worked a fight!
Guys of this era go out there and work a dance!
>>
It has a lot to do with Vince and his chronies that believe they know what's best for business and maybe they are playing an extremely long game and we'll see some payoff to their shitty decisions. At the very least the brand split will make survivor series relevant, they could bring back elimination chamber to determine the other number one contender besides royal rumble winner, and we'll get another mitb match so there's all that to look forward to.
>>
It's because back then it was real and it aint real anymore. I remember back in the day I could actually cry because so much emotion and energy was put on to those athletes
>>
>>1561723
>>1561924
This isn't the problem. While it's a solution, the real reason why WWE is in a not-so-good state is that Vince is just not handling the business the way he should. You shouldn't leave up the success of the company to whatever your employees come up with to get to the top (which they don't even do, seeing how they carefully pick who gets pushed and who doesn't, as well as punishing anyone that gets over without their permission). If the wrestlers are more good-natured than those before them, I don't see it as a bad sign. I'm glad these people are good both on-stage and backstage. Who they really should have no bearings on the actual product (although, again, I'm glad that they're good off-character). WWE's "current state" is fault of the management: they purposefully hinder the talent pool available with awful writing and few to none opportunities for anyone other than the pre-chosen crop.

Any wrestler will perform any character given to them, so fixing this problem is just a matter of the higher ups giving them both the correct character and quality content to work with; along with letting them develop those characters by themselves.

You both have a point, though, in that no other wrestling promotion actively competes with the WWE. They have a safe place as the top wrestling company in the game, they're the name most people know so they don't have to work hard to stay afloat or to get new viewers.
>>
>>1561987
>Macho Man at Wrestlemania 7.
>>
>>1561723
>it's another everyone should be a sociopathic drama queen post
Sure, tough guy. Backstage fights will do nothing but get you fired. WWE doesn't want that shit damaging their PR.
>>
>>1562002
>which they don't even do, seeing how they carefully pick who gets pushed and who doesn't, as well as punishing anyone that gets over without their permission

Hi, Phil
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.