[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasnt Michaels a draw? His heel dx gimmick was great, he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

File: images (5).jpg (22KB, 441x333px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
22KB, 441x333px
Why wasnt Michaels a draw? His heel dx gimmick was great, he had a lot of charisma and was great and on mic, and probably the best in ring performer of all time.
>>
He's a manlet
>>
He was a draw though.

Dont believe in bretcucks lies
>>
Nobody liked him outside of homosexuals.
>>
>Shawn isn't on the card for WM13
>It's the lowest WM buyrate ever
>>
He was a boring vanilla midget that was shit at everything
>>
I don't care if he was a draw, but he did have the most talent out of any DX member and also had some of the best matches ever period.
>>
His work as an enhancement talent from 2002-10 was amazing. As a top dog pre-injury, not so much
>>
>>1560682
Charisma is subjective, he had "charisma" to attract smark fanbase and the internet nerd geeks but not the right charisma that connects with casuals like Rock, Hogan etc..

In short, he was the CM Punk of the 90s.
>>
>>1560696
> he did have the most talent out of any DX member

In-ring you mean? 'Cuz on the mic and being a overall total package wrestler, Triple H simply smokes this guy.
>>
>>1560708
>Cuz on the mic and being a overall total package wrestler, Triple H simply smokes this guy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1560708
HHH killed wrestling. He helmed the A show after Austin left and Rock was on his way out, and ratigs plummeted indefinitely .
>>
>>1560701
His match with Taker at Badd Blood is better than his second run desu
>>
90s Shawn Michaels turned the core audience aka heterosexual men against him and the product with his constant cringeworthy gyrating, little bitch persona and male stripper gimmick
No one wants to watch a faggot no matter how talentes they are
> memeX
> great
Lol
>>
Michaels is literally beyond all doubt top 5 all time greatest wrestlers. One of the few guys to ever set foot in the ring who was "the total package," - look, charisma, skill, psychology, politics.
>>
>>1560730
>politics

Hogan taught him a lesson in 2005 and he threw an autistic fit in the ring
>>
>>1560730
>"the total package," - look, charisma, skill, psychology, politics

Excuse me, but does the "ability to draw a dime" not come included in this package?
>>
>>1560694
> these mental gymnastics
18+
It got the lowest buyrate because of shawn's disastrous run as champ where he got literal all time lowest tv ratings had driven the core audience away through his faggotry
>>
>>1560738

He was a draw.
>>
>>1560687
Bret AND Shawn didn't draw a dime.
>>
>>1560746
B-but muh 60 gorillian summerslam
>>
>>1560743
Because you say so? He was a worse draw than diesel, yoko, seth, sheamus, dean, all the shitters. The literal worst of all time

He couldnt even sell out his hometown and got the literal record low tv ratings that still stand to this day
> 1.70
>>
>>1560746
Bret drew the best of the era and eveything went up when he was champ.
Diesel and shawn made everything go down
>>
>>1560682
Shawn drew more than Bret. Ask Meltzer.
>>
>>1560764
Le meltz goes off longevity because he is a stupid cuck, its all just so he can suck off Flair more
He unironically thinks because Shawn was riding the AE popularity when he came back its legit and doesnt make allowances for it
Pathetic kike cunt
>>
>>1560771
Bret and Dave are buttbuddiez though. Shawn refuses to even acknowledge the cryptojew.
>>
>>1560783
Nah meltzer just sucks up to him because Bret is the biggest draw of all time in dirtsheet sales
Bret put meltzer's little jewlets through college
>>
>>1560705

>the cm punk of the 90s

Nope. HBK would get YUUUGE pops from the woman in the crowd. He just wasn't liked by fat marks who would turn off the tv when he was on.
>>
>>1560682
He played his gimmick so well that he made a lot of male viewers feel insecure.
>>
>>1560817
> all men in the audience turned the channel over when Shawn was gyrating on screen
> t-they were just the f-fat smarks i swear!!
>>
>>1560719
That's a IWC generated myth. Ratings decline started in early 2001 after WCW went bust. 2002 saw the biggest fall and that roster had both Austin and Rock. Infact the only time ratings went up for a short period in 02 is when Triple H returned.

WWE ratings declined not because of Haitch or anyone else, it declined because the WWE's 4 year boom period bubble busted.
>>
>>1560730
He was lacking in look(manlet) and mic skills. And lol @ politics.
>>
>>1560916
yeah it was Gaytch and not the nWo

explains why the go home show for 18 and all the posters were Hogan/Rock while HHH/Jericho were feuding over a dog
>>
>>1560916
Nice meme hunter

I know for a fact that i stopped watching wrestling for over a decade in late 2001 because the product turned into the HHH and stephanie show and its been declining ever since then, im sure i must be an isolated incident though ay hunter
>>
>>1560927
Original plan for WM 16 was suppose to be Triple H(face) Vs Austin(heel), it was set as the main event where Austin was to put over Triple H. But Austin being a usual bitch that he is complained, whined and pulled out. Triple H was stuck with a no credibility paper champ manlet Jericho who didn't even have a single clean win over any top names. It was like Cena Vs the Miz in 2011. Rock Vs Hogan ofcourse overshadowed it.

Do you research faggot.
>>
>>1560927
>Playing 4th fiddle in your own feud to a girl who doesn't wrestle, your opponent and a fucking dog because they wanted you to.
>As undisputed champion.
Fucking McMahons.
>>
>>1560938
What does any of that have to do with my post?

nWo was the draw for 18 and early 2002, nobody gave a shit about HHH/Jericho no matter who you blame
>>
>>1560937
* late 2002
>>
>>1560937
Brock was pushed 10 times more heavily than Triple H ever was in that period faggot. If anyone failed it was actually Brock.

You and others stopped watching when wrestling stopped being cool and got overexposed. Essentially when the boom period ended. Stop blaming it on a single name.
>>
>he was a good wrestler
Irrelevant in wwe

>he was good on mic
Only at insulting guys with no mic skills

Michaels was a midget, nobody wants to see midgets, other than nerds, the mainstream audience wants to see larger than life superstars, why would normies care about someone smaller than them? too them these manlets are ordinary people and indy geeks are ordinary people.
>>
>>1560938

*Wm 18.

>>1560947

No one was really a draw. WM 18 drew a bad number, less than 800K compared to boom years. If anyone was even a "draw" that time, it was Hogan.

No one did because of Jericho sucked ass.
>>
>>1560949
Brock helmed Smackdown and lead It to beating Raws ratings faggot
>>
>>1560938
Jericho was ten times the draw at the time, nobody wanted him to drop the title. Least of all to Hunter who's return pop shortly fizzled out because he plays a horrible face.
>>
>>1560949
It stopped being cool because i was sick of seeing hhh and stephanie

Hhh heat is the ultimate X Pac heat, instead of turning the tv over it stops you from watching the product for a decade
>>
>>1560955
What are you on about? WM18 did a higher number than both 14-2000, only 17 did more. 18 did 840k
>>
>>1560956
That's a myth dumbfuck. Look up the numbers. Brock drew shit, SD attendance was looking far worse than it did in early 2011 with Orton as champ.
>>
>>1560964
WM 18 did 750K and that's adding 100K worldwide buys. Go upto corporate.wwe and download the WWE press release from 02 it is still available.

>>1560959

Again, moron numbers started going down in 01 when both Austin and Rock were part of the show. Why do you keep blaming HHH when the biggest stars couldn't draw anymore?
>>
>>1560957
> Jericho was ten times the draw at the time
Yeah sure buddy.
>>
>>1560972
Every source you can find right now says it did 840-880k, only 17 drew more. Your memory is off

Corporate wwe only goes up to 2006
>>
>>1560977
>T-they made him undisputed champion for no reason.

It's time to stop posting Paul. Only one of you guys ruined Raw with a reign of terror.
>>
>>1560972
Shoo shoo gaytch shill, stop trying to tell me why i stopped watching wrestling

For the third time i stopped watching because the emphasis all went on HHH and Stephanie and i was sick of it, i cannot have been alone
>>
>>1560956
That's false, look up the numbers instead of trusting neckbeards that will say anything to make SD from 02-05 the best thing ever and act like Raw from 02-05 (clearly the superior show) was shit.

SD only beat Raw in ratings ONCE (1 TIME) in 2003, the SD draft 2 weeks ago was the first time SD beat Raw in ratings since then
>>
>>1560965
>Smackdown: 10/30/03 3.7
>Raw: 10/27/03 3.4
Just one example
https://www.twnpnews.com/information/wweraw2003.shtml
https://www.twnpnews.com/information/smackdown2003.shtml
>>
>>1560972
>>1560984
>With tickets still available, WWE has already grossed more than $4.35 million in ticket sales for WrestleMania 23, shattering the company's previous record of $3.9 million for WrestleMania X-8 at the Toronto SkyDome on March 17, 2002

thats the only thing I can find about 18 on there, every other source with WM buyrates says it did 840 or 880k
>>
>>1560991
That's literally the one and only example
>>
>>1560682
>Why wasnt Michaels a draw?

Because he had his top guy run in an era with heavy competition in which fans still had the expectation of much more wacky character-heavy programming that he couldn't fully aspire to.
>>
Even though this guy is a Gaytch mark he's right about Lesnar

WM19 despite being the best ever match quality wise flopped, it did 300k less buys than 18. Guess who was in the main event?
>>
>>1561000
Kurt Angle?
>>
>>1560996
There's literally black and white proof otherwise but I suppose it's hard to see things from your rectum.
>>
>>1561006
he was there too

I guess it's unfair to put all the blame on Lesnar, when you look at that card and see how badly it flopped it doesn't make sense. I still don't really know how, the best I can say is too much focus on Hogan/Vince. But I remember listening to the Observer show for 19 and Alvarez said at the bar he was in a ton of people walked out after Hogan/Vince
>>
I'm watching old RAW's and am just loving Shawn.

Him being leatherman Diesel's prissy little boy toy is just the best, though I can kinda see why that wouldn't go over so well with everyone in the mid 90's.
>>
>>1561015
>Not sticking around for Austin vs Rock
What the fuck
>>
>>1561034
Nobody knew it was Austin's last match and people already saw it twice at Mania and many other times before that, I wouldn't have stayed either if I was a casual fan just tuning in
>>
>>1561021
How many cocks have you sucked this morning?
>>
>>1561034
If Rock had gone over at 15 and it was made a retirement match, it would have been the ultimate rubber match.
>>
File: edgewasabigdraw.jpg (72KB, 688x256px) Image search: [Google]
edgewasabigdraw.jpg
72KB, 688x256px
>>
HBGay nearly sunk WWE in the 90s
>>
>>1560746
Let's not shit ourselves here. Tatanka paid the bills in the 90s.
>>
he was a great heel in 97, the perfect heel for Austin to win his first title from. People hated him
>>
>>1560682
But DX and Austin won the Monday Night Wars, OP
>>
>>1561242
hi paul
>>
>>1561242
I think anyone besides Russo and Bret Hart will say the same.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.