[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the single most overrated promo and angle in the history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: punk.jpg (171KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
punk.jpg
171KB, 1000x562px
So this is the single most overrated promo and angle in the history of the business, right?
>>
No, this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQhlaWxMbTg
>>
>>1559581
this

at least Phil was actually a main eventer right after his promo
>>
>>1559581
>>1559590
Austin's promo ultimately led to money being made and extreme popularity, the whole point of pro wrestling. Phil's worked shoot didn't even increase ratings contrary to popular belief.
>>
>>1559599
No it didn't, he was wrestling Marc Mero and Yokozuna in a dark match in the PPVs immediately after it

He didn't get mega over until the Bret feud
>>
>>1559612
Hence "ultimately."
>>
>>1559576
No. Everybody acknowledges that the angle flopped. It's not overrated at all.
>>
>>1559617
That's like me linking a Flex Kavana promo and saying it ultimately led to the Rock drawing
>>
>>1559620
People try to blame it flopping on Haitch and Nash even though it literally wasn't doing good business before that.
>>
>>1559576
do we really need this thread everyday? we literally discuss punk's entire career/life everyday, it's like everyone here is a bitter ex that won't let go

there's at least 1 thread everyday for:
>the pipebomb is the most overrated promo of all time
>john cena vs cm punk mitb 2011 is the most overrated match of all time (you're only allowed to say it's good if you say cena carried punk)
>phil will get destroyed in ufc
>phil will come crawling back to vince
>anons projecting their cuck fantasies on punk
>"some random punk quote" what did he mean by this?
>LOOOOK IN MY EYYYEEES WHAT DO YA SEEE
>>
>>1559635
Hi Phil!
>>
>>1559621
No, it's not like that. He coined the phrase that became the best selling wrestling shirt ever.
>>
>>1559640
Yes and the phrase didn't get over until long after the initial promo.

There wasn't "Austin 3:16 signs everywhere" the night after like WWE tells you, he was a glorified mid carder until he started feuding with Bret.
>>
>>1559644
But the phrase did get over and he came up with it that night, which means it accomplished more than Phil's worked shoot which didn't ultimately lead to money.
>>
>>1559654
>But the phrase did get over and he came up with it that night,

Long after the initial promo. People point to that promo like it launched Austin's career. It didn't and that's why I consider it the most overrated
>>
>>1559576
Punk was shit

>this is phil brooks talking to paul levesque!
fuck him and fuck chicago
>>
>>1559635
They are shills, only shills repost the same topic everyday
>>
>>1559621
>Austin 3:16 t-shirt

You are fucking stupid if you don't think that promo led to stacks of cash.
>>
>>1560221
See
>>1559665
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.