[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when quintessential indie manlet Daniel Bryan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 5

Where were you when quintessential indie manlet Daniel Bryan work shooted on John Cena and buried his promo?

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/760670046951772160
>>
>>1555734
Based BMJ working Dbry into a shoot
>>
>>1555734
uh....kayfabe dbry hates cena because cena isn't a real wrestler
>>
>>1555734
outlaw wrestling legend mad Cena buried the outlaws

nothing to see here
>>
File: 1460423068708.png (46KB, 601x307px) Image search: [Google]
1460423068708.png
46KB, 601x307px
>>
JOHN YOU MAY BE A BIGGER STAR THAN ME BUT YOU ARE NOT A BETTER WRESTLER THAN ME
>>
WORKED

HARD
>>
The points that DBry made were ones that I hoped AJ would make

AJ has a family to support and John Cena only has the company
>>
>>1555734
>manlet made of glass that was only over because of a chant hating on BMJ for always being and will forever be more relevant than him
>>
No, that's just Bryan's kayfabe character, he's pretty much always felt that way about BMJ.

Came dangerously close to shooting on Dwayne, though.
>>
>>1556046
Pretty sure the Rock is just a douche at this point in the eyes of a lot of people. Guy just phones it in his promos also, they suck.
>>
>>1556053
the only people who hate Rock are Punk marks
>>
BMJs Bella son will be better than Bryan's Bella son too.
>>
>>1556061
Rock is as stale as Brock

If Rock never came back ever again I'd actually be a little bit happy.
>>
>>1556061
Cookie puss
>>
>>1556053
Yeah Bryan came pretty close to basically saying "at least he didn't just ditch the business like the fuckin' Rock" but he caught himself and said it more diplomatically.

>>1556069
God I hope Brock fuckin' tries at Summerslam instead of the meme suplexes. This build is too good to waste on another fucking squash match.
>>
>>1556061
So when I was getting sick of Dwayne's lame shit back in 2001, it was because I was a CM Punk fan? Good to know
>>
>>1556068
Post yfw the stable of BMJ and D-Bry's kids are infinitely better wrestlers than Triple H and Steph's kids and repeatedly cuck them out of the championship (which will be intergender at this point).
>>
>>1556068
>implying cena wants kid or any extra commitment without being paid
nikki is just his cum dump. no more than that
>>
>>1556086
>Dwayne

t. Punk mark
>>
>>1556093
You realize the world has known his name is Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson since I don't know, his incarnation is wrestling?
>>
>>1556093
Not an argument
>>
>>1556100
>Dwyane
>Punk mark seething this hard he can't spell correctly

Anyone who hates Rock is either a Punk mark or a retard. Him not caring about wrestling is one of the biggest memes ever. HHH and Vince let his contract run out because they thought he'd fail and call them to come back, and then they were on their hands and knees begging for him 7 years later
>>
>>1556104
Alright man, we get it, you hate Phil because your uber contrarian
>>
>>1556068
>when DBry gets a son in 1 (one) shot
>>
>>1556107
If I hated Punk, I would have called him "Phil" like you just did.
>>
>>1556112
t. Saving face now that he was called out for being a contrarian
>>
>>1556114
>Liking the wrestler who drew the biggest buyrate in WM history is being contrarian

wew lad
>>
>>1556116
That's not Stone Cold
>>
>>1556122
18+

WM28 is the biggest WM in history, followed by 23
>>
File: 69427049.jpg (178KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
69427049.jpg
178KB, 500x617px
>>1556104
I bet you're one of those faggot ass Ryan Reeves marks.
>>
>>1556128
Never cared for Ryback but he didn't bother me
>>
>>1556104

Do you mean meme Rock or AE Rock when he actually cared? AE Rock was GOAT who always made a match entertaining. Current year rock phones it in twice a year.
>>
>>1556177
He still cares now, he might not be as good as he was but the passion is there. Do you think he needs the money or exposure?
>>
>>1556182
He comes back to remind everyone he exists because he has a gigantic ego, that's not passion, that's self-glorification.
>>
>>1556203
>gigantic ego
>put over The Hurricane
>botched a pre taped promo on purpose so Hurricane would get a live segment

source on the last one is straight from Hurricane on Talk is Jericho
>>
>>1556211
What does a feud from 13 years ago have to do with The Rock of today
>>
>>1556211
That was 13 years ago faggot
>>
>>1556214
The Rock of today is by far the most relevant wrestler, if you think the highest grossing box office star needs ego stroking you're delusional

You should be blaming HHH and Vince for letting his contract run out because they thought he'd fail in hollywood
>>
>>1556218
Do you think Rock booked him going over Punk twice? Or beating Rowan?

The fact is HHH and Vince will continue to beg him to come back because of their fuck up previously, if he declined to even return you'd be burying him for not caring at all
>>
>>1556182

No he doesn't care. He just wants the massive paycheck, fans chanting his name again, and people talking about him. You just think he cares because he can still deliver a better promo than 90% of the current roster.
>>
>>1556272
If you think The Rock of all people needs money or people talking about him you're delusional

Ballers is doing huge numbers on HBO and Central Intellegence drew despite being released the same weekend as finding dory
>>
>>1555746
Was that English?
>>
>>1556276

lol anon. If someone dropped a check in front of you for millions just to work a few days out of the year, anybody would take it. I don't know why you think the rock is some pantheon of morals
>>
>>1556293
>I don't know why you think the rock is some pantheon of morals

Because I didn't fall for the "le Rock hates wrestling now" meme, I mean fuck sake he even Rock Bottomed Jason Statham in Fast 7

And they were obviously talks for Rock to make appearances before he did, and I'm gonna guess that there was big bucks back then too.
>>
>>1556301
>He thinks The Rock gives a shit about us

W E W
>>
>>1556308
>still falling for this meme

The highest grossing box office star of 2015 is desperate for relevancy and money, agreed
>>
>>1556301

How did you get "rock hates wrestling" from he doesnt care as much. It's just a fact, rock knows he can phone it in and underaged marks will flip out. Show me a good current rock promo, hell even show me a good match.
>>
>>1556338
>from he doesnt care as much. It's just a fact, rock knows he can phone it in and underaged marks will flip out

Agreed, but people saying he comes back for money or relevancy need to get a clue. He's turned down coming back multiple times in the past, major example was a WM program with HBK awhile ago.
>>
>>1556346
>but people saying he comes back for money or relevancy need to get a clue

Yeah he's just doing it out of the kindness of his heart! No money involved in his decision whatsoever!
>>
>>1556122
The rock and cena has the biggest buyrate ever
>>
>>1556350
>The Rock
>Needing money

Please get a clue, if he just wanted money he would have worked with HBK when they wanted him to come back
>>
>>1556355
>He thinks rich people stay rich by sitting around and doing nothing after getting enough money

You're not only a stupid mark but you also don't understand money.
>>
>>1556359
>The Rock
>Not being everywhere already

Please get a clue, he has no reason to come back other than appeasing wrestling fans and HHH/Vince begging for him

>but also told Ross that The Rock simply wasn't interested.

>"I can remember many, many years ago, as I came back," Michaels said, "Pat Patterson asked about that and I said, 'Sure, whoever you want.' But he wasn't interested, and that was it. But I liked anybody that I hadn't been in the ring with."

This was years ago, why didn't he just come back for the money then?
>>
File: p184328_b_v8_aa.jpg (520KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p184328_b_v8_aa.jpg
520KB, 960x1440px
>>1556368
So the rock just comes out for free because he's such a swell guy! I understand ya. Are you going to take a nap before Blue's Clues comes on in a couple hours? Want me to heat up a glass a milk for ya, tiger?
>>
>>1556287
Based Hogan working Bayley Club President into a shoot.
>>
>>1556377
>No argument

Exactly what I thought.
>>
>>1556355

Anon nobody is saying the rock is on his hands and knees begging vince for a job. He is just being offered a ton of money to do 4 days of work.
>>
>>1556387
And he was offered a ton of money to work with HBK and I'm sure several other instances to appear before he came back

He's everywhere, even recently just launched a Youtube channel out of no where. He could easily just blow off WWE like he did prior
>>
>>1556387
The anon hasn't gotten to middle school yet so he doesn't understand how money works. He thinks once someone is classified as rich that's it and they don't need to get anymore money. He's just getting a wittle gwumpy because I haven't gave him his warm milk yet. Once I put him to bed the grown ups can talk.
>>
>>1556223
>highest grossing box office star
But he's not Harrison Ford.
>>
>>1556397
>>1556397
>Still no argument
>Not knowing how much The Rock does already

You have to be r9k level of sheltered to think Rock doesn't do enough to blow off WWE

>>1556399
said "of 2015" before that
>>
>>1556402
Did you?
>>
>>1556405
>>1556309

oh that was a few posts after my bad
>>
>>1556402
>The Rock has enough money! He doesn't want to get more money or anything! It's not like that's something everyone in the world wants!

Rich people stay rich by consistently getting money. Throwing away a revenue source would be a good way of not staying as rich as you are.
>>
>>1556411
Yes but the whole reason this argument started is because of people falling for the "Rock doesn't care about wrestling or the fans, just money" meme.

Like I said if it was all just about money he would have came back long before he did
>>
>>1556415
You do know that continually talking about how he wouldn't come back until now only makes their argument stronger right? If he """loved"""" wrestling he would have come back sooner, wouldn't he?
>>
>>1556420
He didn't come back because he didn't want to work with people who tried to bury him in his rise to the top (Shawn), and he was working on his acting career, aka a revenue source.
>>
>>1556415
He makes more money doing 1 film than he would wrestling for WWE all year. What does he care about a single match?
>>
>>1556397

He just got worked into a shoot

>>1556392

but you don't know all of the details of that deal. Maybe he didn't like the payoro many days it would take, or it interfered with a movie. Im going on what we know, and we know he was paid a boat load of money for 4 days of work
>>
>>1556438
He was a C-list actor when he declined the Shawn match, I think he would have been alot more relevant in WWE back then instead of a bad actor
>>1556440
We also know Shawn tried to bury him when he won the IC belt. Yes it's a possibility, but it's not surprising that he would decline a program with Shawn. That, and he felt betrayed by WWE just letting his contract run out and not talking to him about it
>>
>>1556452
He may have only been a C-list actor, but he still got $5 million for his first film. When you consider that is double what Brock got for his last fight, you can see why he might not give a shit.
>>
>>1556415

If it were strictly about money, The Rock never would have come back at all.
>>
>>1556464
Never knew this, that's crazy. Scorpion King right?

His acting profile fell off after that though, Doom. kek
>>
>>1555734
Wtf I hate Daniel Bryan now
>>
>>1556452

I agree. In typical wwe fashion vince laughed at the idea that someone can do something else but wrestling and expected him to crawl back.

>>1556468

maybe not completely about money. But it was a major factor.

>>1556469

doom made a ton of money though
>>
>>1556495
It was a box office flop
>>
>>1556469
You say that but apparently he got $36 million for Fast and the Furious. Not sure if that is for all of them he has been in or if that was just the first one he was in, but that's more than he probably earned in his entire wrestling career. [citation needed]
>>
>>1556524
I was talking about right after Scorpion King, he just made shit movies for awhile

Rundown was good if you Walken
>>
>>1556527
Shit movies can still mean he got paid pretty well. I can't think of any really decent films he's made. He should have been the next Arnie, but he just seems to make shite.
>>
>>1556533
San Andreas was a hit and he's in a disney animated movie later this year so that's free money
>>
>>1556536
San Andreas was awful though. Disney is obviously money in the bank, unless the SJWs really dig their claws in because they can't decide if the want POCs or people to find love.
>>
>>1556061
>the only people who hate Rock are Punk marks
Nope
I hate him because he comes around for the sole purpose of burying him and promoting movies.
Him burying Wyatts was the last straw for me
>>
>>1556568
What about Stone Cold, Foley and HBK burying the tag team on the same fucking Mania? That was legit the worst Mania in a while, and everyone saw it coming.
>>
I kind of wish I could trust shoots of any kind. But from my understanding, if they aren't kayfabe, it's just guys pretending to be mad just to help the other guys get more paid interviews to pretend to be mad so they can return the favor.
>>
>>1556568
>>1556715
You marks do realise they are BOOKED to do those segments right?
You all are acting like they show up, demand do be fed some young guys to please their egos and then fuck off.
State of the lot of you marks, getting IRL angry at wrestlers because of how they are booked by Vince McMahon and instructed on what to do.
>>
>>1556785
Yeah and they came on and let it happen
Do you honestly think Vince wouldn't come back unless they killed his talent?
How dumb are you?
also
Daily reminder that marks are the most tolerable of wrestling fans
>>
>>1556790
Vince wouldn't let them come back*
whoops
>>
>>1556785
You're the biggest mark of them all, you pathetic bootlicker.
>>
>>1556801
It's really shitty how he doesn't get that they came back and said they wanted to look strong so Vince booked it this way
They could have just showed and and said hey Dallas and left if they chose
Vince would probably let them jerk themselves off live on stage for fucks sake
>>
Dwayne comes back to WWE not because of the "love" of wrestling or the money, it's all because the fucker has a massive ego. He gets off on people sucking his dick and eating up his lame shit every time he shows up. You don't get that by being in a movie,a TV show or by doing interviews.
>>
>>1555734

damn why he talk to his brother in law like that
>>
>>1556852
cause cena fucked brie 2 nights ago kek

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/759901300318318592
>>
>>1556855
Bryan confirmed cuck
>>
>>1556859
of course hes a cuck, hes so brain damaged he probably cant even get his dick hard.
>>
>>1556790
>Do you honestly think Vince wouldn't let them come back unless they killed his talent?
What kind of retarded question is this?
Honestly I cannot make head nor tails of this rambling retarded mess of a sentence.
They show up, Vince tells them what to do, they do it. End of story. You are getting mad at guys like Rock and Stone Cold because they were booked to do something. Get angry at the person booking them to do this shit, not the guys themselves.
Get a fucking clue like, holy shit.

>>1556801
Wicked sick comeback brah
Got eem
>>
>>1556061
Rock fans who are 18+ hate current Rock
>>
>>1556272
>can still deliver a better promo than 90% of the roster
No. His promos might come across well because he gets a reaction, but that's a nostalgia reaction which is in no way related to the quality of the promo.
>>
>>1556893
To be fair, he still comes across as quick witted. It doesn't matter that most of them are not much different than a really long yo mama joke.
>>
>>1556893
>honestly disputing the Rock's delivery

People dispute his content, that's the thing people burn him with, because it's fucking terrible now. But his delivery is not contestable.
>>
>>1556910
His delivery is shit though, nowhere near as sharp as it once was. He does an awkward face where he purses or licks his lips on anticipation of the crowd's reaction to each gag. He says "yeah, yeah, yeah" and loads of other filler shit as he's desperately trying to collect the words in his head. He overemphasises each catch phrase in a way which comes across desperate. He smiles way too much and his body language emanates humility as opposed to confidence.

If you listen to a promo of his from 1999 and compare it to a recent one, there's no way you can say his delivery is anywhere near as good. It's nothing to do with the content, which has always been silly, he has simply lost his edge and spark along with his youth. Tell me how many people are on the roster and I'll tell you at least 10% who are better than him.
>>
>>1556929
>His delivery is shit though,

Good thing I didn't have to read the rest of what you said.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.