[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WRESTLERS WITH NO "GIMICKS OR PERSONA" ( Not saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: apollocrews.jpg (36KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
apollocrews.jpg
36KB, 642x361px
WRESTLERS WITH NO "GIMICKS OR PERSONA" ( Not saying they're not good wrestlers )... I understand that kayfabe is dead . Even if it is dead then it has been proven you can still have a gimmick or persona that is reasonable to today's standards or wrestling fans. so name the ones who don't and need a change and how would you make them a good character ?
>>
>>1552377
Like 90% of the damn roster.
Seriously, people with legit gimmicks are fucking rare these days.
>>
Everyone in WWE bar Undertaker and Bray
>>
>>1552389
Enzo Amore and cass, The Vaud Vilians , Wyatt Family and New day to name a few who actually are fighting for a change.
>>
>>1552396
>Enzo and Cass
>we are from NY
Not much of a gimmick.
>>
>>1552396
Lana, too.
But, yeah. There need to be more gimmicks, and storylines outside of "I want to win da title!"
>>
>>1552377
rollins,AJ,fergal,sami zayn etc
>>
>>1552439
>any of those guys (except Finn he's a legit blank slate manlet CAW)
>no character

No overt, wacky gimmick =/= lack of character.
They each have a great ability to bring his character forward in his ring-work. WWE just doesn't do a good job allowing guys to define that, and forces them to do it through promos that they meticulously write and force them to repeat word-for-word.
>>
>>1552377
>I understand that kayfabe is dead

Kayfabe has been dead for the last century. even so, when WWE follows it one minute and breaks it the next, it's flat out terrible booking that allows for no suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>1552446
IT'S FAKE YOU AUTISTIC PIECE OF GARBAGE.. WRESTING IS FUCKING FAKE NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THIS IN RING BULLSHIT IF U WANNA SEE THAT SHIT GO WATCH SOMETHING MORE REALISTIC AND NOT FOR 5 YEAR OLDS.. THIS SHIT IS FAKE IF THEY CANT HAVE A CHARACTER AND IF THEY'RE UNABLE TO CUT PROMOS THEN THEY'RE FUCKING WORTHLESS AND NEED TO GET THE FUCK OFF TV
>>
>>1552618
have sex
>>
>>1552457
kayfabe wasn't even born a century ago you stupid autistic retard
>>
>>1552621
kill yourself you disgusting sweaty neckbeard
>>
>>1552629
>neckbeard

>IT'S FAKE YOU AUTISTIC PIECE OF GARBAGE.. WRESTING IS FUCKING FAKE NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THIS IN RING BULLSHIT IF U WANNA SEE THAT SHIT GO WATCH SOMETHING MORE REALISTIC AND NOT FOR 5 YEAR OLDS.. THIS SHIT IS FAKE IF THEY CANT HAVE A CHARACTER AND IF THEY'RE UNABLE TO CUT PROMOS THEN THEY'RE FUCKING WORTHLESS AND NEED TO GET THE FUCK OFF TV
>>
>>1552618
this
>>
>>1552632
yes you stupid worthless braindead autistic piece of fucking trash neckbeards like you are the ones who watch this garbage dead product in 2016 and think it's great because they see a bunch of worthless indie midgets with no characters who cant cut a promo to save their life flipping around a fucking ring and doing kicks
>>
File: orton3.png (988KB, 1000x576px) Image search: [Google]
orton3.png
988KB, 1000x576px
>>1552649
>yes you stupid worthless braindead autistic piece of fucking trash neckbeards like you are the ones who watch this garbage dead product in 2016 and think it's great because they see a bunch of worthless indie midgets with no characters who cant cut a promo to save their life flipping around a fucking ring and doing kicks

>caring this much about wrestling
>>
>>1552618
correct
>>
>>1552623

yes it was you inbred cuck
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 229x343px
>IT'S FAKE YOU AUTISTIC PIECE OF GARBAGE.. WRESTING IS FUCKING FAKE NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THIS IN RING BULLSHIT IF U WANNA SEE THAT SHIT GO WATCH SOMETHING MORE REALISTIC AND NOT FOR 5 YEAR OLDS.. THIS SHIT IS FAKE IF THEY CANT HAVE A CHARACTER AND IF THEY'RE UNABLE TO CUT PROMOS THEN THEY'RE FUCKING WORTHLESS AND NEED TO GET THE FUCK OFF TV

>yes you stupid worthless braindead autistic piece of fucking trash neckbeards like you are the ones who watch this garbage dead product in 2016 and think it's great because they see a bunch of worthless indie midgets with no characters who cant cut a promo to save their life flipping around a fucking ring and doing kicks
>>
Any fag who's gimmick is they've wrestled all over the world or they are just happy to be there

WHY AM I SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINED BY THIS!? I DONT CARE IF HES GOOD IN THE RING
ITS ENTERTAINMENT NOT REAL WRESTLING, GO WATCH THE OLYMPICS IF YOU WANT TECHNICAL PROWESS

AJ and KO are based though and the only good indie shitters in the WWE, release the rest of them
>>
>>1552666
A lumbering lardass who can barely gallop around and deliver a few kicks and punches does not make for compelling in-ring drama.
>>
>>1552664
cm punk is trash and so are you
>>
>>1552446

This.

Guys like HHH, HBK, Austin, Rock, and most of the other big people never really had a "gimmick" they were still strong characters.
>>
File: dalton castle.png (1MB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
dalton castle.png
1MB, 1310x873px
my name is steve smith and i do mma also im a regular dude- wwe wrestler in 2016

This is why guys like broken matt and dalton castle work in 2016, shits gotten so boring, wrestlers need to be outrageous meme's again
>>
>>1552432
There street Italians from jersey who are quick witted and entertaining. i don't see a problem.
>>
>>1552677
kill yourself they all had character and something to offer besides "in ring" bullshit no one on this cancerous roster in 2016 has anything to offer besides "ive been all over the world i can flip around the ring and do kicks and im happy to be here"
>>
>>1552655
>neckbeards, like the plague they are, invade and ruin x
>lol caring about x this much
Literal cancer
>>
>>1552677
>the evil mastermind schemer cerebral assassin
>the cocky pretty boy that's probably gay
>the beer drinking middle finger waving texas badass
>the delusional narcissist that refers to himself in the third person
>>
>>1552687
they're not witted at all and not entertaining in the least unless you're 5 years old or autistic
>>
>>1552677
stone cold was the bionic redneck, a lower class hero fighting against the boss everyone hates, vince.
The rock was the peoples champ and gave high energy cocaine fueled promos.

HBK was the heart break kid, a ladies man, he was also part of DX.

HHH was the cerebral assassin, and started out as a french blue blood, he was also part of DX
>>
>>1552693
>Implying I'm not here just to shitpost

I'm not the one who raged in all caps because of wrestling, getting triggered by wrestling means you're either retarded or a neckbeard
>>
>>1552 Rollins is a mix between Stone cold, shawn michales and triple Hand Kurt Angle i don't see a problem with him, hes a cocky smart ass who things he is a wrestling prodigy,And has the skills to back it up and he always goes for the personal shit in his promos hes good. but the rest i agree but A.J has time on his side and he can wrestler. he is like seth rollins but brakes the fourth wall more.
>>
>>1552670
yeah owens sucks but no one gives a shit about "compelling in ring drama"
>>
Gimmicks need to become cartoonish again, then they will be shared online by normies as meme's and weird wrestler dudes.

Its like vince decided everyone has to be dean malenko and lance storm
>>
>>1552702
go shitpost somewhere else faggot when you see something you've watched ever since you were a little kid that used to be good turn into some worthless horse shit cancerous garbage for autists,5year olds,weaboos, and neckbeards you would be pissed too
>>
>>1552377
You don't need actual character in le new era.

The company has gone to shit with these feuds
"I am better than you in the ring because i'm technical midget #2618"
"No I am better because I am also good in the ring"
>tfw no more character feuds
Without a character it's simply fake wrestling matches.
>>
>>1552710
agreed with all of that m8 but there's too much other stuff to worry about than wrestling

It's better just to laugh at how shit it is now
>>
>>1552716
like what ?? tell me one thing in this world in 2016 worth caring about or that isnt complete fucking dogshit?? this goes beyond wrestling this whole planet has turned into a fucking cancer along with everything and everyone in it
>>
>>1552662
prove it
>>
File: 244.png (80KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
244.png
80KB, 300x170px
Wrestling is a show. I fucking know that. i love how people can say " oh get laid and stop watching wrestling" THEN WHY ARE YOU FUCKING BITCHING ABOUT A POST ON A WRESTLING FORUM YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL FUCKING CUNTS.
>>
>>1552722
>like what

taking a shower
hitting the weights
getting a clue
>>
>>1552687
Their debut and a few promos after that had good character but the new era got to them. now we get corny shit written by a 9 year old and catch phrases repeated ad nauseam.

They haven't been saying their LENGTHY introduction and catch phrases for long on the main roster and it's already painful to watch because it's the exact same shit every week.
Austin etc would only say 1 or 2 short catchphrases in a promo and that stopped it bleeding your ears.
>>
>>1552710
Mostly weeaboos tbqh, not even the kids are reacting to these wet emo haired lanklets
>>
>>1552618
kek hello carter
>>
>>1552710
>>1552759
weaboos = neckbeards = autists
>>
>>1552771
who the fuck is carter? you mean that fuck who jacks off to ambrose? i fucken hate ambrose you stupid imbecile
>>
>>1552618
Why are you so angry today carter
>>
>>1552457
>when WWE follows it one minute and breaks it the next, it's flat out terrible booking that allows for no suspension of disbelief.

Well said, I doubt anyone here could argue against this point
>>
>>1552711
Sticky this post
>>
File: Laughing Heels.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Heels.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>1552618
>>1552649
>>1552710
Calm down Beato
>>
>>1552782
Mamá burnt my tendies
>>
>>1552799
>Cesaro insulting anyone with that broken english
Like a mentally ill patient trying to verbally wreck your shit
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.