[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about some Wrestling PPVs that are considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg (108KB, 340x470px) Image search: [Google]
WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg
108KB, 340x470px
Let's talk about some Wrestling PPVs that are considered GOAT, but are actually not.

>pic related
>>
Is there a more cringeworthy overrated clown than the rock?
>>
>>1531392
This would've been GOAT if Rock went over, but of course Austin never wanted to put anyone over... This is why HHH was so important to the AE, he always put over Rock, Jericho, Kane etc when Austin wouldn't
>>
>>1531404
18+
>>
>>1531404
phil brooks
>>
>>1531407
>This would've been GOAT if Rock went over, but of course Austin never wanted to put anyone over.

Rock was leaving to make a movie, it was impossible for him to win
>>
>>1531392
agreed. shitty main event finish, boring undercard other than the ladder match. WM2000 was more interesting, and WM 2002 had better finishes.
>>
>>1531407
>Austin never wanted to put anyone over

Yes he did (Angle), but the IWC definitely makes him out as an angel when he had his share of ego moments. Another one is a triple threat with Foley/HHH where he wouldn't let HHH pin him, so Foley won and HHH got the belt the next night on RAW.
>>
>>1531466
It was like choosing between a nigger and a muslim though, I don't blame Austin for that.
>>
>>1531404
Steve Austin
>>
>>1531404
Ric Flair
>>
>>1531471
>I don't blame Austin for that.

See this is what I'm talking about.

>Not feuding with Jarrett
>Not feuding with Billy Gunn
>Walking out instead of jobbing to Lesnar

"It made sense, I don't blame him", etc. But yet the same people will shit on Bret for not doing business because it's "the right thing to do"
>>
>>1531479
18+
>>
>>1531466
I don't believe Austin didn't wanna put over HHH, if that were true he would've just had Foley eat the pin in the triple threat match
>>
>>1531484
25+ you fucking melt
>>
>>1531392
about 90% of attitude era PPVs
>>
>>1531485
>Prior to the event, the inside word was that Austin would not drop the belt to Helmsley so Mankind was brought in to do the job setting up Triple H's title reign

http://slam.canoe.com/SlamWrestlingArchive/aug23_fol.html review of the PPV i found from the night after. Austin was always insane about his character and didn't want to look weak, this is the same guy who didn't face Hogan because he knew he wouldn't get the majority of the cheers
>>
>>1531494
>Austin was always insane about his character and didn't want to look weak,

ye thats sounds true his 2001 heel run made his character look amazing

you retard
>>
>>1531507
see
>>1531466

"Yes he did (Angle)". Funny you mention 2001, because in late 2000 and pre heel-turn he used to hit stunners post match whenever he lost. Armageddon HIAC, 2/3 falls with Haitch, he always wanted to look strong. Is this a bad thing? No, but he was a mark for his character.

Just listen to him trying to explain never facing Hogan, his reasoning doesn't make sense. "I could go, and I feel that Hogan was just a step or two behind me", but a beyond washed up/drunk Scott Hall wasn't?
>>
>>1531494
Austin said he wanted the Hogan match but Vince gave it to Rock bc he was their biggest star, this was one of the reasons Austin walked out along with the plan for Brocks push which was to squash Hogan on SD, Austin on RAW then beat Rock (their biggest star) at SS for the WWE Title
>>
>>1531515
When? He must have changed his story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqlMOA0Z-qY

His reasoning here was he didn't feel like Hogan could run with him in the ring (even though he was past his peak then too).
>>
>>1531518
Here's the video, he said he was upset he didn't get Hogan match and how it was one of the factors that made him quit
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlBqtQUdTQ
>>
>>1531666
Changed his story then, the interview with JR is more recent from the upload date so who knows.

Most likely reason is that anyone on that roster would have been booed against Hogan that night and Austin knew it. Don't really care though because Hogan/Rock was a by far better match than a hypothetical Hogan/Austin. Just imagine Austin trying to sell Hogan hulking up.
>>
>>1531392
NXT Takeover Dallas
>>
>>1531404

You need to be AT LEAST 18 to post here
>>
>>1531471

You're a literal idiot
>>
>>1531404
Late Steve Austin
WHAT
>>
>>1531407
Rock should have won but he had to go film the scorpion king. Just shitty coincidences and booking all around that turned out to tank the entire business kek
>>
>>1531483
>>Not feuding with Jarrett
>>Not feuding with Billy Gunn
>>Walking out instead of jobbing to Lesnar

These are all fairly reasonable examples, though.
Fuck Jarrett and Gunn, they were levels beneath him, and it was the correct creative decision not to feud with them.
The Lesnar one's a bit iffier, but I can at least see his point that that should be built to, and not a random job on a random Raw.w
>>
>>1533173
people forget that the Lesnar raw match was just to punish Austin, he went on byte this and called the creative in WWE shit. So vince wanted to punish him
>>
>>1533173
Wrong billy gunn was GOAT and didn't even need mic skills
>>
>>1533181
Honestly that just makes it all the more reasonable to turn it down.
A shitty creative decision, wasting a big-money put-over from your arguable biggest ever star to one of your next true greats, because you're pissed about a line on Byte fucking This?
Austin was 100% in the right. He was an egotist like any other top guy, but in this case, with that in mind, absolutely agree.
>>
ITT: Underage autists hate on the GOAT draw.

Austin is literally the GOAT. I didn't like it when he left but it was a great mark out moment when he came back to beat on Eric Bischoff. He always had the best returns.
>>
>>1533185
the way WWE treated Austin in 2002 was bizarre, outside of Hogans 3 week nostalgia pop he was the most over guy on the roster
>>
>>1531680
Hogan/Rock made more sense anyway

Their characters were much more similar

But Hogan/Austin would have made MONEY
>>
>>1533193
Speaking of money matches, when Austin left, I think the plans were going to end up being Austin vs Flair at SS 2002.
Which would have been fucking incredible.
>>
>>1533197
> flair
> money match
O i am laffin
>>
>>1533199
>le Flair isn't a draw meme

Kys memer

>>1533193
Also that would have been awesome, what would the story behind it have been though?
>>
>>1533204
Fug that last question was for >>1533197
>>
>>1533207
flair was raw owner at the time so the story would be austin vs authority figure

maybe for raw ownership, then you have Austin as raw GM and Vince as SD GM
>>
>>1533199

Flair is a top draw bretmeme
>>
The only good bad thing about it is the main event and the events that happened after it not including the McMahon shit causr it's always bad
>>
>>1533207
>>1533229

Because of Austin's departure, the Flair vs Vince match for ownership, which Vince won with Brock's help, was rushed ahead.
So I'm betting it would have been for control, with Austin winning, then they could segue into the Brock feud, him being McMahon's proxy to take back control.
Would make sense, long-term. Achieves the same goal, and gets the Brock win Vince wanted.
>>
>>1531404
Rollins
>>
>>1531404
The Rock is the GOAT on the microphone, especially when he was a heel. I feel like the modern Rock tries to separate himself too much from what he was. During his Cena feud he tried reinventing himself and that was pretty cringeworthy, but other than that 18+
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.