[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that any wrestler no matter how terrible can get over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: mrmcmahon_288x288.jpg (42KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
mrmcmahon_288x288.jpg
42KB, 288x288px
Is it true that any wrestler no matter how terrible can get over if booked correctly?
>>
>>1530468
No, they've got to have something going for them. Good booking can hide flaws and accentuate strengths, but it's still down to the guy going out there to get themselves over in the time they're given.
>>
>>1530468
ask hogan
>>
>>1530468
no

see: roman reigns
>>
>>1530485
>implying that booking him as a top face was a good idea
>>
>>1530491

he's got the booking of the gods yet still gets booed to oblivion

your point?
>>
>>1530485
>>1530505
>well he wins a lot so obviously he's booked well
Guess you haven't been watching wrestling long
>>
>>1530510
>loses a lot means good booking
>roman will be cheered if hes booked as heel

i dont understand smarks sometimes

also roman sucks at being face and heel
>>
>>1530593
>if 3x3 isn't zero, then it is obviously 10,000,000,000
>>
>>1530593
Read this >>1530474 and stop being a faggot, Roman was not booked correctly by any means
>>
>>1530640

no faggot, it's exactly like >>1530474 said

it's up to the wrestler to get over

roman is just plain sucks, he got his chances and he fucking blundered it

not booked correctly my ass
>>
>>1530653
>he's got the booking of the gods yet still gets booed to oblivion
>not booked correctly my ass
>he really believes smiling SUFFERIN SUCCOTASH SON is the booking of the gods
Roman does suck, but come on, the way how they booked him is plain horrible and wouldn't had worked on anybody
>>
>>1530672
It's how Vince has always booked "his" Guys and lots of them were more successful than Ramen.
>>
Khali is over as fuck in India because they change the storyline to make him look like a face somehow.
>>
>>1530675
Tell that to Rocky Maivia
>>
Nope. He has to be good and entertaining in the ring. See Roman vs Dean. Roman gets the crowd going crazy, dean gets the crowd sleeping
>>
>>1530675
The only people it ever worked for were Hulk Hogan (one of a kind) and Cena (and half the crowd still booed him for 10 years)
>>
>>1530697
>being this wrong

It's OVAH anti-smark you lost
>>
>>1530697
>Roman gets the crowd going crazy

i see that fedoramen crawl out from their bunker

>NUH HUH THIS AINT BORING CHICAGO THIS IS RYEL LYFE
>>
>>1530468
Yes, just ask the sandman. Guy couldn't wrestle worth a shit, got over completely by hiding his flaws and a G.O.A.T. entrance.
>>
>>1530721
Sandman was a good brawler and had surprisingly good flying moves
>>
>>1530721
You don't have to know how to wrestle to be entertaining in the squared circle. Look at the rattlesnake
>>
>>1530731
18+
>>
>>1530745
Are you the same one faggot that spreads the disinfo of Austin being a technical genius before he got injured around here? 18+ yourself, idiot
>>
>>1530746
>being so underage you don't know about his work as Stunning Steve Austin or feuds w/ Bret Hart
>>
>>1530746
>he doesn't know about the ring master

18+
>>
>>1530750
>>1530752
Yes. And have you actually watched that shit?

>literally falling for wwe revisionist history

18+
>>
Yes

Ask Big Show about ECW
>>
>>1530755

>he admitted being underage cunt

18++
>>
>>1530761
https://youtu.be/4fGroJC4Z7s

This irony. You have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>1530755
Yeah I have m8, several times, that's why I'm not laughably wrong like >>(You)
>>
>>1530764
>the irony is youtube link

the state of butt ravaged uderage

18+
>>
>>1530772
No, the irony is you using 18+

18+
>>
File: austin sad boo hoo.png (191KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
austin sad boo hoo.png
191KB, 424x318px
>>1530731
This.
Austin put on pieces of THEATER in the ring. Austin main events felt like massive matches because he was a draw and his attitude and style in the ring made him seem like he was the most powerful man in the WWF. Even if the opponent carried him in a match technically, like Bret or Michaels, he always had his ring presence down to a science, which even when he was cutting promos made him seem larger than life. The greatest Sports Entertainer of all-time, and truly lived up to that title more than anything else. GOAT
>>
>>1530775
i can do that too lil' jimmy

18+
>>
>>1530790
Sad that you pretend to be over 18 on the internet. You can stop damage controlling now, the damage done was too large
>>
>>1530795
whatever underage cunt

18+
>>
>>1530795
the only damage done here is your asshole now has bigger hole than before

18+
>>
>>1530675
It's really not. If you look at how Vince booked Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and the Undertaker (and I think Bruno as well but I'm not that old) their standard match was against a monster heel who had been built up by squashing their way up the roster.

WWE doesn't (and can't) do that routine any more, because of the shortage of talented big men and the fact that there's nowhere else for the monsters to go after Vince's booking kills them. Essentially, Vince has destroyed his own system by striving for market domination.

On the bright side, wrestling will recover after WWE implodes.
>>
>>1530468
Yes: Ultimate Warrior.
>>
>>1531042

Bruno as well. Being fed to him is what brought Monsoon into the WWWF originally. Now not everyone he worked with was a monster heel (and his best drawing was probably against Zybysko, who is small for a wrestler) but superhero face vs unstoppable monster has always been a common top program when a McMahon is booking.
>>
>>1531042
Undertaker was never face of the company.

Diesel & Michaels were just as insufferable in the mid-90s as Reigns is now.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.