[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cool, unique look >respected backstage >knew the ins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: wwepromo13.jpg (83KB, 705x791px) Image search: [Google]
wwepromo13.jpg
83KB, 705x791px
>cool, unique look
>respected backstage
>knew the ins and outs of booking, writing/creative, and actually wrestling
>top 5 all time on the stick
>astoundingly good theme
>natural stable leader in an era where stables were all the rage
>non-kayfabe smart

How come Raven never made it out of the midcard? Guy was one of my favorite wrestlers to see growing up. Do you think all the hardcore title stuff cheapened his public image too badly?
>>
Antisemitism.
>>
>>1529028
>>respected backstage

>– He immediately had heat with Vince, who asked “Who the fuck hired Raven?” when he showed up at a booking meeting the first week.
>>
>>1529028
He's lazy and had heat with Vince for fucking him over being lazy and getting Shane on pills
>>
>>1529036
Not to mention he hung with Shane a lot because he was so much fun.
Raven's actually talented as fuck and deserved more than he got in WCW/WWE. His storylines are so fuckin unique to this day
>>
>>1529028
He showed off his huge hog to Debra, pissing off Austin.
>>
Can someone tell me what he did that was cool? I was a kid when he was wrestling so I only saw him as a WWF hardcore jobber.
>>
>>1529056
He sat in a corner
>>
He had the same gimmick as Sting, although he executed it differently, makes no sense to have two main eventers with the same gimmick, might of made an interesting tag team
>>
>>1529079
18+
>>
>>1529079
He was a role-modelesque face with bright face paint? Are we talking about the same Raven?
>>
>>1529108
>I haven't watched wrestling since 1995
>>
>>1529079
Except for the part where he was a heel and also completely different?
>>
>>1529106
>>1529108
Both gimmicks weren't based off The Crow?

The best Raven could be is a main event jobber with his gimmick, none of the people who made their name in ECW was main event material in WCW/WWE unless you include Mick Foley as an ECW guy. RVD was the closest and his style was more than a hardcore brawler
>>
File: jerigoat4.jpg (28KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
jerigoat4.jpg
28KB, 642x361px
>>1529138
>none of the people who made their name in ECW was main event material in WCW/WWE
>>
File: what.gif (2MB, 198x195px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
2MB, 198x195px
>>1529138
>raven's gimmick was based off the crow

just stop posting
>>
>>1529142
worst championship reign ever, his biggest feud was steph vs triple h

what a disaster
>>
>>1529142
Jericho is most known for his WCW/WWE work, next you're gonna claim Austin is an ECW guy
>>
>>1529163
>most known
>made his name at

two completely different things. Hogan is most known for body slamming Andre and he made his name in the AWA
>>
>>1529106
>18+
Can someone explain this meme to me
>>
>>1529168
If you want to nitpick it then change it to most known, although going off your example Lebron James made his name playing High School basketball in Ohio
>>
>>1529182
.....Yes he did? He was the most hyped up draft prospect ever, how the fuck is that not making your name?
>>
>>1529162
not his fault that they made him pet Steph's dogs instead of not burying him
>>
>major drug addict
>kinda unprofessional
>merchant
>>
>>1529162
solely because of triple h
>>
>>1529190
And when people talk about Lebron his high school days are a side note and he is judged by his NBA performance. How many people know about Jerichos ECW day besides a handful of ECW and hardcore Jerhico fans? How often is his ECW career/accomplishments highlighted, like it is for RVD, Rhyno, Taz, Dreamer, etc?
>>
>>1529274
do you not know what "made his name" means?
>>
>>1529274
What does that have to do with making a name for themselves? Jericho's work in ECW got him noticed and signed to WCW, it's as simple as that. Making a name for yourself = getting noticed for the first time

It's like saying an actors first breakout role isn't where they made a name for themselves cause their movie from 10 years later grossed more
>>
>>1529280
made his name means made his name with the CASUALS ya cunt
>>
>>1529287
>Casuals didn't notice how hyped up LeBron was
>>
>>1529301
casuals didnt know who he was until he got draft picked #1
>>
>>1529028
His match at Wrestlemania X7 was absolutely based
>>
File: lelbron.jpg (1MB, 3063x2048px) Image search: [Google]
lelbron.jpg
1MB, 3063x2048px
>>1529309
Do you actually believe this?

http://a.espncdn.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1475781.html

>And sometimes even: Yes, he's better than Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady at the same age.

This guy was hyped up to be the next Jordan before he stepped foot in the NBA, everyone knew who he was.
>>
>>1529319
>espn

i'm talking about casuals, you mark
>>
>>1529330
>Casuals don't read or watch ESPN

Come on
>>
>>1529333
they definitely dont read espn articles
>>
>>1529336
Good thing that ESPN was hyping up LeBron so much that they aired a high school basketball game of his
>>
Didnt Jerhicho train in the Hart Dungeon and worked in Canadian promotions before ECW?
>>
>>1529350
Yeah but he was still unknown then

ECW got him noticed by WCW, Bischoff would take anyone who got even slightly over just to fuck over Heyman
>>
>>1529319
>there was a time when T-Mac was considered the best player in NBA
what went wrong?
>>
>>1529350

nigga i still remember when Jericho used to run his own personal website/blog with pics of him in the canadian territory days.

before he even debuted in WWF
>>
>>1529350
Not the Dungeon. It was one of the Hart brother's camp where no Hart actually trained him

He worked in Mexico, Japan, Germany, and Smokey Mountain

Do research mark
>>
>>1529358
injuries m8

used to be my favorite player, was such a mark I even had his shoes back in the day
>>
>>1529350
>Didnt Jerhicho train in the Hart Dungeon
No, the Dungeon was closed for regulars by then, he was trained at the """""Hart brothers""""" camp along with based Lance Storm.
>>
>>1529350
read his first autobiography
>>
>>1529050
I don't know about that, Missy Hyatt said he had a small dick, and she would know.
>>
>>1529174
That you need to be older than 18 y/o to be able to post in this site.
>>
>>1529317
except for the part when raven crashed the golf cart too early and all the wrestlers had to awkwardly walk the entire way back to gorilla
>>
>>1529436
>implying some old aging bitter whore wouldn't be lying about wrestler's penis sizes
>>
>>1529028
Don't forget:

>held a world title in every major promotion to exist in America
>>
>>1529163
Whew, you moved that goalposts so easily
>>
>>1529056
Watch some of his classic ECW stuff.
>>
>>1529138
>Both gimmicks weren't based off The Crow?
Thanks for this, I actually burst out laughing.

Raven in ECW was great, but the gimmick got watered down in the bigger promotions - partly because he couldn't do whatever the fuck he wanted, partly because they weren't pushing him as a top guy and giving him heaps of time to explain his complex character to the fans.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.