[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I think we're all in agreement that the Battleground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: whos da man.jpg (313KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whos da man.jpg
313KB, 1280x720px
So, I think we're all in agreement that the Battleground main event was excellently booked. Dean Ambrose retained the championship mere days after cleanly pinning Seth Rollins and all three men still came out looking strong out of the main event.

Now, let's look towards today and tomorrow. How will RAW and Smackdown be booked on the main event scene? What matches do they build up for Summerslam? What's the best case scenario? What's the worst case scenario?
>>
>>1513239
>and all three men still came out looking strong out of the main event.
Dean comes out looking ridiculously strong, Seth is fine since he wasn't pinned, Roman looks like a complete fucking moron.

And he kinda looks weak too since his power bombs looked fucking pathetic.
>>
>>1513239
He'll drop at SS. This is just to keep Smackdown interesting for a while. Summerslam is a cross-brand PPV, so they'll use it as their last-ditch to move the WWE Title back to Raw.
Then they'll start a big post-SS angle to crown a new blue champ.
>>
>>1513239
>How will RAW and Smackdown be booked on the main event scene?
Dean defends on pre-show and Rusev wins over Roman at SS Main Event
>>
Best case scenario
>They continue the gimmick of the brand being split
>RAW gets a new title
>There's a tournament for it
>Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns make it to the finals and face each other at Summerslam
>Roman Reigns wins while turning heel, Seth Rollins turns face and becomes the NÂș1 Main Eventer of RAW
>Dean Ambrose beats Bray Wyatt at Summerslam
This is the dream case scenario for me. Roman Reigns would make an excellent heel, Seth Rollins would make an excellent face, Bray Wyatt is coming out slightly strong for the first time in forever, Dean Ambrose should keep defending his title.

However, here's the worst believable case scenario
>Whatever, fuck the brand split
>Rematch of the triple threat
>Dean Ambrose loses it
>Roman Reigns remains face
>Seth Rollins remains heel
>Nothing changes
>>
>>1513281
>best case scenario involves Seth vs Roman #4191401941, Roman Wins edition
>and Dean vs Bray again, with Dean going over the better talent

WWE Creative get the fuck out.
>>
I just don't want them to have the WWE Title bounce back to RAW immediately after. They actually had the balls to do a good move, don't fuck it up now.
>>
>>1513286
Not him, but the dynamic would be pretty different with Roman as a Heel and Rollins as a Face. I'd be interested in it.

Also:
>Bray
>Better talent than Dean
Ayy lmao. You can say that shit with guys like Seth Rollins, but Dean Ambrose is better than Bray Wyatt in every single department, not to mention way more over.
>>
>>1513259
>Seth is fine since he wasn't pinned

I'd argue that Seth got some of the best offense in and maybe some of the best highlight moments of the night.

>that off camera splash
>>
File: laughing bad news.webm (1MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bad news.webm
1MB, 720x405px
>>1513296
>Ayy lmao. You can say that shit with guys like Seth Rollins, but Dean Ambrose is better than Bray Wyatt in every single department, not to mention way more over.
>>
>>1513309
You're fucking arguing for Bray Wyatt here. If you were talking about Seth Rollins or AJ Styles, that'd be a discussion I could see myself having.

If you honestly believe Bray Wyatt is better than Dean Ambrose, your opinion is not worth a shit.
>>
File: Laughing Heels.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Heels.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>1513314
>Dean anywhere near any of those guy's levels
>>
>>1513314
Don't bother. It's the big meme to hate on based Deano nowadays.
>>
>>1513342
I actually like Dean, and it's really refreshing to see that this guy rates him highly, too. People far-too-often slot him underneath Seth and AJ immediately.
But he's still not on their levels, overall, and certainly not Brays. He's great, but not THAT great.
>>
>>1513342
I don't browse /asp/ very often, when did this become the case? I remember everyone being pretty high on him when he was feuding with Seth Rollins and even with Bray Wyatt.
>>
>>1513352
You're over-valuing the fuck out of Bray, mate.
>>
>>1513354
I'm not. If anything, WWE are, because they feed him samey material, and never give him singles matches to work.
He's one of the most under-rated talents on the roster, and you're proving that quite aptly.
>>
>>1513352
AJ Styles and Seth Rollins and Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens and Finn Balor are all objectively better wrestlers than Dean Ambrose when you look at moveset + offense + workrate. I believe Dean Ambrose is better overall than most, if not all of them, because of his charisma and story-telling ability, as well as mic skills (when he's in a storyline that matters, anyways). These have always been Dean Ambrose's strengths even back when he was in CZW.

However, this is all irrelevant, because you're not comparing Dean Ambrose to any of those people. You're comparing him with Bray Wyatt. Dean Ambrose is sloppy, but he's still better in the ring than Wyatt is. You're insane to believe otherwise, to be honest, familia.
>>
>>1513363
>Dean Ambrose is sloppy, but he's still better in the ring than Wyatt is

Just pretend I posted a laughing gif.
>>
>>1513239
>People are not happy that Dean won , is just that Roman lost and got the pin.
The state of the champ , they need to make him more realistic strong and not just a "crazy fridge".
>>
>>1513379
Well, they're going the right way about it. He's actually becoming believable now that he gets clean wins.
>>
>>1513239
>Summerslam 2016

WWE Championship : Dean Ambrose (C) vs
John Cena

Vacant World Heavyweight Championship - Final Match of The Tournament : Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens

Intercontinental Championship : The Miz (W/Maryse) (C) vs Zack Ryder (W/Mojo Rawley)

United States Championship : Rusev (W/Lana) vs Sami Zayn

WWE World Tag Team Championship : The New Day (C) vs Enzo & Big Cass vs American Alpha vs The Vaudevillians

WWE Womens Championship : Charlotte (C) vs Sasha Banks vs Bailey vs Beckly Lynch

Brock Lesnar (W/Paul Heyman) vs Randy Orton

Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor

Cesaro vs Chris Jericho

Bray Wyatt vs AJ Styles

r8 and h8 pls
>>
Bayley biggest pop of the night. Based Bayley.
>>
>>1513296
I can't stand bray Wyatt but even I know that he's better in the ring, on the mic and has a better look than dean does
>>
>>1513411
>WWE Championship : Dean Ambrose (C) vs
>John Cena
Decent
>Vacant World Heavyweight Championship - Final Match of The Tournament : Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens
Great.
>Intercontinental Championship : The Miz (W/Maryse) (C) vs Zack Ryder (W/Mojo Rawley)
Completely regressive.
>United States Championship : Rusev (W/Lana) vs Sami Zayn
God-tier.
>WWE World Tag Team Championship : The New Day (C) vs Enzo & Big Cass vs American Alpha vs The Vaudevillians
Alpha/10
>Brock Lesnar (W/Paul Heyman) vs Randy Orton
Can't see it happening tbhwufam
>Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor
Fuck Finn Baloring off
>Cesaro vs Chris Jericho
Eh
>Bray Wyatt vs AJ Styles
Based
>>
>>1513411
>WWE Championship : Dean Ambrose (C) vs John Cena
0/10
Only way this could end well is with an interference finish against Cena. More than likely, either cenawinslol or Cena wins in the long term and buries Dean after being beaten once. John Cena should not be on the title contention.

>Vacant World Heavyweight Championship - Final Match of The Tournament : Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens
I assume Seth Rollins is a full fledged babyface in this? It would be a hell of a match. I like the idea, but perhaps the rubber match between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens would be the better move, to be honest.

>Intercontinental Championship : The Miz (W/Maryse) (C) vs Zack Ryder (W/Mojo Rawley)
Sure, whatever

>United States Championship : Rusev (W/Lana) vs Sami Zayn
Sure. Again, though, the rubber match by the right move here.

>WWE World Tag Team Championship : The New Day (C) vs Enzo & Big Cass vs American Alpha vs The Vaudevillians
>WWE Womens Championship : Charlotte (C) vs Sasha Banks vs Bailey vs Beckly Lynch
Shitting on the brand split already? Terrible idea.

>Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor
Who's face? Who's heel? Who wins? Impossible to tell if this is any good at this point.

>Cesaro vs Chris Jericho
Sure, sounds good.

>Bray Wyatt vs AJ Styles
What? You want to turn AJ Styles face? Why? There's already Dean Ambrose, John Cena and Randy Orton. AJ Styles would flourish much more as a Heel and he's great at it. Or you're turning Bray Wyatt face? Or you're having a Heel VS Heel match? This makes no god damn sense, dude.
>>
>>1513411
KO and Sami are 1-1, SS is their Rubber Match.
>>
>>1513414
t. memer
Bet you spout "Deanetty"
>>
>>1513422
>0/10
Only way this could end well is with an interference finish against Cena. More than likely, either cenawinslol or Cena wins in the long term and buries Dean after being beaten once. John Cena should not be on the title contention.

It would work to keep Ambrose away from "MUH SHIELD" and give him some high profile match against BMJ , i dont want to bury Dean.

But i was thinking about Ambrose vs Cena vs Styles the first time

>I assume Seth Rollins is a full fledged babyface in this? It would be a hell of a match. I like the idea, but perhaps the rubber match between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens would be the better move, to be honest.

Seth wants to reclaim his spot on the top of the mountain and Owens wants to make RAW his fucking show.

Maybe i can change that with Seth vs Triple H and KO vs Zayn for the WHC

>Shitting on the brand split already? Terrible idea.

I think that the Tag Team Titles are on both brands so... im not shitting on the brand split more than the wwe is going to do

>Who's face? Who's heel? Who wins? Impossible to tell if this is any good at this point.

I mean you cant make Reigns the face against anyone , they are going to boo the fuck out of him anyways so this could be the beginning of a slow heel turn for him

>What? You want to turn AJ Styles face? Why? There's already Dean Ambrose, John Cena and Randy Orton. AJ Styles would flourish much more as a Heel and he's great at it. Or you're turning Bray Wyatt face? Or you're having a Heel VS Heel match? This makes no god damn sense, dude.

You can make a heel vs heel feud with Wyatt and AJ with no problems
>>
>>1513304
An actual "something" from out of nowhere.

Marked hard, desu.
>>
>>1513411
Too many matches, desu.
>>
>>1513434
>You can make a heel vs heel feud with Wyatt and AJ with no problems

Just turn Bray. People like him, just listen to fans for once, vibe off of them and run with it.
They'd have a fucking amazing match.
>>
>>1513434
>It would work to keep Ambrose away from "MUH SHIELD" and give him some high profile match against BMJ , i dont want to bury Dean.
Then your intentions are good but your methods are misguided. Dean Ambrose can't win clean against Cena, sorry, mate.

>Maybe i can change that with Seth vs Triple H and KO vs Zayn for the WHC
I like this. Yeah, that sounds awesome, in fact.

>I think that the Tag Team Titles are on both brands so... im not shitting on the brand split more than the wwe is going to do
The tag team and women division make no sense being separated, but just shitting on the brand split now that they're trying to push it would be a pretty terrible move. To be honest with you, there's no right answer here, unfortunately. WWE have booked themselves into a corner. Either they shit on the brand split or they make two new fucking titles to further muddy shit up.

>I mean you cant make Reigns the face against anyone , they are going to boo the fuck out of him anyways so this could be the beginning of a slow heel turn for him
Could be good, but who wins? Roman Reigns has been beaten in two straight PPV's and has basically completely stalled. Finn Balor is making his PPV debut. This seems like a feud with no good result. I mean, speaking from a booker's perspective, obviously. As a fan, I don't give a shit about Roman losing.

>You can make a heel vs heel feud with Wyatt and AJ with no problems
You can, but there's no reason whatsoever to do it. This really makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, mate. You're taking the two top heels of Smackdown and facing them against each other.
>>
>>1513281
>face seth
he's alright as a heel, no need to have another Randy Orton
>>
>>1513442
Look at the Heels on the Smackdown brand. If you turn Bray or AJ, you're gonna have a drought.

>>1513455
The difference between Seth Rollins and Randy Orton is that Seth Rollins is younger, actually gives a shit, is an excellent wrestler and doesn't need to work very hard to be cheered. He should be the top babyface of Raw, to be honest. Who's gonna be the top babyface instead of him? We know it's not Roman. It's certainly not Cena or Orton. We have, what, Sami Zayn and Finn Balor? Those guys are good, but not as established.
>>
>>1513411
>Bailey
0/10
>>
>>1513462
Not Bray AND AJ. Just turn Bray. If you need a Heel counter-point, to balance out the equilibrium again, just turn Orton Heel, as he should be, anyway.
>>
>>1513467
Impossible to do that by Summerslam because he's facing Brock Lesnar. You have to wait for Backlash at the very least before that.
>>
>Excellently booked
Lol no

The only way this was excellently booked if the title was vacated and then someone NOT from the Shield became the new face of the company.

This has been going on for close to a year and a half now, it's time to make someone else the new face or the face again.
>>
>>1513471
>Impossible to do that by Summerslam because he's facing Brock Lesnar.

Why? He should be Heel going into that bout anyway.
Also, fucking the balance for one PPV wouldn't hurt that much, considering you already booked the prominent Smackdown names in matches, anyway.
>Orton loses at SS
>turns Heel
>balances it out at a good 2/3 ratio once again
>>
Why does Seth need to turn face? He's already a face when coupled with Roman. The booking is starting to recognise that.
>>
>>1513449
>Then your intentions are good but your methods are misguided. Dean Ambrose can't win clean against Cena, sorry, mate.

I dont know, if Dean win clean against Cena maybe makes look him TOO STRONG and it could be a bad move for him and for Cena but Cena has to make some space at the Main Event and lose sometimes. Im fucking tired about "THREE MATCHES WITH CENA AND CENA WINS THE FEUD LOLXD" (Like his feud against Bray Wyatt, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Rusev) because this is going to happen with Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries too.

>Could be good, but who wins? Roman Reigns has been beaten in two straight PPV's and has basically completely stalled. Finn Balor is making his PPV debut. This seems like a feud with no good result. I mean, speaking from a booker's perspective, obviously. As a fan, I don't give a shit about Roman losing.

Balor wins clean by almost nothing, you have to make Reigns visibly angry like "IM FUCKING TIRED ABOUT LOSING AT THE LAST FUCKING SECOND" and month after month he stars to be more aggressive.

He will not be a "Authority Heel", he just will be a fucking juggernaut monster

>You can, but there's no reason whatsoever to do it. This really makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, mate. You're taking the two top heels of Smackdown and facing them against each other.

Wyatt wants to prove that Smackdown is going to be his yard and is going to use AJ as the stepping stone to start dominating Smackdown
>>
I wouldnt hate on bray guys its not his fault. Deano is still my guy but lets understand a few things.

First bray is really good at embracing a gimmick. I.e stardust and cody
Second its creative thats doing the damage. All they need to do is build him stronger and more unpredictable. There is potential for him to be great. He just needs a good fued.
>>
>>1513479
Orton should absolutely not go in as a heel against Brock Lesnar, that's a stupid idea. And you want this to happen merely because you want Bray Wyatt to turn face right now when it's the worst possible time for it.

Remember, these people are still gonna be on Smackdown shows until Payback. You want to have exactly one (1) heel worth a crap, and that heel will be feuding with Bray Wyatt. In your scenario, the next four Smackdowns are gonna fucking suck.
>>
>>1513494
>And you want this to happen merely because you want Bray Wyatt to turn face right now when it's the worst possible time for it.

No I don't. He's just better as a Heel, and nobody's going to boo Brock.
>>
>>1513491
>I dont know, if Dean win clean against Cena maybe makes look him TOO STRONG and it could be a bad move for him and for Cena but Cena has to make some space at the Main Event and lose sometimes. Im fucking tired about "THREE MATCHES WITH CENA AND CENA WINS THE FEUD LOLXD" (Like his feud against Bray Wyatt, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Rusev) because this is going to happen with Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries too.
Exactly, mate. That's why Dean Ambrose shouldn't be facing John Cena. It's a death sentence for him. John Cena should be playing second banana as he's been doing for a while now, facing heels and winning in feuds but not being on the very top being stagnant.

>Balor wins clean by almost nothing, you have to make Reigns visibly angry like "IM FUCKING TIRED ABOUT LOSING AT THE LAST FUCKING SECOND" and month after month he stars to be more aggressive.
>He will not be a "Authority Heel", he just will be a fucking juggernaut monster
I don't know, I'm fine with this but it sounds like Reigns is not gonna go far with that booking. I guess there are worse things than him going to the midcard.

>Wyatt wants to prove that Smackdown is going to be his yard and is going to use AJ as the stepping stone to start dominating Smackdown
It doesn't change the fact you're having the two top heels of Smackdown feuding and facing each other, which leaves a giant vacuum, a vacuum that is especially noticeable because of the aforementioned "Cena and John shouldn't be on a program together" problem.
>>
>>1513498
While I agree with you that Randy Orton sucks as a babyface, Brock Lesnar should continue to be a Heel. His gimmick is dumb if he's face and it gets no one over. Heel VS Heel would be a disaster. Randy Orton needs to be face until he gets beat by Brock, at the very least.
>>
>>1513508
>Brock Lesnar should continue to be a Heel.

Is he really a Heel?
I just view him as an entity. He out-popped Dean for much of their feud. I'd just have them relent to the fan's reactions, and send the conceited, conniving Orton into the morality-unbiased, completely neutral meat-grinder.
>>
>>1513517
Well, Tweener is a more appropriate way to put it, but either ways, Brock Lesnar is gonna eventually get bested by a babyface and until then he should be eating babyfaces up. Having him just be "The cool guy that comes in to beat up the guys you hate" does no one any favors.
>>
>>1513504
>I don't know, I'm fine with this but it sounds like Reigns is not gonna go far with that booking. I guess there are worse things than him going to the midcard.

I prefer Heel Reigns in the Main Event than the actual Reigns that we have

>It doesn't change the fact you're having the two top heels of Smackdown feuding and facing each other, which leaves a giant vacuum, a vacuum that is especially noticeable because of the aforementioned "Cena and John shouldn't be on a program together" problem.

Heel Edge vs Heel Orton after the breakup of Rated-RKO sound great, thats the same thought that i have with Wyatt vs AJ

Also AJ dont have The Club anymore and Wyatt dont give a fucking shit about if you are a heel or a face
>>
>>1513521
I guess you're right, when you view it in an end-game sense. That you'd want to do as much as you could to get him heat in the mean-time.
But, realistically, he's not getting any heat killing Orton. And, ideally, the babyface who eventually bests him would be well-received enough to turn Brock definitively Heel, anyway. So I'd still prefer Orton going into the match killing people, talking about how he'd pull all stops, and go to extremes to prove that he's still at the top of the food chain. Culminating in a god-tier no DQ.
>>
File: Bray-Wyatt.png (404KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bray-Wyatt.png
404KB, 640x360px
Great, he won, cool, the "SUPER DUPER HYPED SHIELD TRIPLE THREAT" that was actually dull as hell happened.

Can we push this man to the moon now please? He's actually an interesting character, give him a fucking title feud for the love of god.
>>
>>1513525
>I prefer Heel Reigns in the Main Event than the actual Reigns that we have
Yeah, what I'm saying is that with a loss to Finn Balor and his third PPV loss in a row plus the welness violation, I don't see how he could be anything above midcard. You're basically guiding him to the Tag Team or US division. Again, I don't really care, I don't like Reigns, but perhaps it might be a waste of the heat he has.

>>1513530
I disagree and think you're undervaluing Orton. Brock Lesnar can absolutely get at least slightly more heat from beating Orton. I don't like the guy and he sucks as a babyface but the crowd still popped big for him and that will easily last until Summerslam. Yes, the smarks will be cheering and counting every suplex, but that's largely irrelevant. They will do that regardless.
>>
>>1513531
Dean Ambrose VS Bray Wyatt at Summerslam could be great and makes the most sense to me. With Dean winning, of course. :^)
>>
>>1513525
>Heel Edge vs Heel Orton after the breakup of Rated-RKO sound great, thats the same thought that i have with Wyatt vs AJ
But this happened on a Raw, not on a PPV.
>>
>>1513546
Well , that's where it comes the Monster Juggernaut Roman Reigns.

Roman Reigns can be something like "I dont give a shit about what Stephanie and HHH wants for the brand, i dont give a shit if i deserve a title shot or not and i dont give a shit about the fans. Im going to superman punch everyone on my fucking way until i have the title back and return to being the dominant and champion Roman Reigns that i was months before this."

And there you can have Kevin Owens interfering with his whole thing about "RAW is the Kevin Owens show", face rollins, HHH again, Sami Zayn like the underdog, Chris Jericho, etc.
>>
>>1513559
And when i said "Im going to superman punch everyone on my fucking way until i have the title back" i mean Roman interfering every match where he sees an opportunity to steal the spot and make some heat
>>
>>1513559
>>1513564
Sure, why not. It could work. It could be a fun match, too. Finn Balor would definitely gain from a win like that to start off.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.