[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a storyline standpoint, does anybody find it in the least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (118KB, 504x756px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 504x756px
From a storyline standpoint, does anybody find it in the least bit weird that both Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan both looked at this guy and said, "Hey, Mojo would be better for our brand than the NXT Champion Samoa Joe or Shinsuke Nakamura"? Nevermind the obvious gap it would leave in NXT.
>>
I don't know about Samoa Joe, but Shinsuke Nakamura is my favorite current wrestler and even I know that he would suffer nothing but a slow painful death if he were added in the main roster now. (Then again, that's always an unfortunate possibility)

I guess they could have done some sort of skit where William Regal is able to negotiate which people he allows to go up and which people he doesn't allow to get drafted because they are important to his brand and he wants to keep for a little while longer.

Just put that in your headcanon. Whatever.
>>
>>1497495
>>1497500
>I guess they could have done some sort of skit where William Regal is able to negotiate which people he allows to go up and which people he doesn't allow to

This is how I kayfabed it.
That NXT has to look out for it's own interests, and has to ascertain a level of willingness from the talent (i.e, if x doesn't want to go up, you can't draft him/her against their will)
>>
The kayfabe reason us that Daniel Bryan has brain damage and Shane was sweating too hard for his brain to function properly
>>
>>1497495
Literally everyone does.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 250x222px
>>1497529
>>
>>1497495
>Samoa Joe
He's good in ring but he screams racial stereotype, and that's bad for bidness
>>
>>1497569
How? He is the Joe character. It's not like he was repackaged with a bone through his nose

He has always been Samoa Joe. He has to like the gimmick. You can't just scream things are racist when Joe himself likes it.
>>
>>1497569
There's nothing racist about his gimmick in the slightest. You'd barely even know he was Samoan outside his name.
>>
>>1497644
>>1497636
It would be like marketing Mark Henry as "African Mark"
>>
>>1497659
It's a name he gave himself. Stop being offended on his behalf you stupid mark
>>
>>1497662
I'm not offended you stupid prick, I'm saying that WWE marketing a man who's race is in his name isn't going to happen
>>
>>1497659
Well I can't imagine Samoa Joe would be any worse than Mark Henry's old "Silverback" nickname.
>>
>>1497664

You can buy WWE branded Samoa Joe shirts., that's marketing.
>>
>>1497667
You mean the name that he hated and was dropped relatively quickly when they realised it was a stupid thing to do?
>>
>>1497529
You don't find it silly that instead of buffing up their roster with a top draw who could generate revenue, sell tickets, and merchandise, they picked a forever midcarder?
>>
>>1497495
If you steal all the top talent away from NxT then nobody watches it, there's a reason Joe, Bayley, Asuka and Naka are all being left there.
>>
>>1497757
Yes. As I said, everyone does.
>>
>>1497659
But Mark Henry isn't African he's American. Samoa Joe is actually Samoan.

Is like calling British Bulldog, British Bulldog. How could naming yourself after the place you are from be racist in the slightest.
>>
>>1497779
Oh sorry, I guess I was dyslexic for a second. My bad.
>>
People backstage were surprised too. Everyone apparently thought No Way Jose was getting the call up.
>>
>>1497791
I will never, ever forgive you.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>1497839
>>
>>1497810
No way...
>>
File: 1460002551549.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
1460002551549.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>1497495
The idea is that Regal and/or Triple H determined the 6 call-ups beforehand, then gave the names for the draft.
>>
>>1497664
Calls someone else a stupid prick despite being the only one in the thread.
>>
>>1497780
Nationalism is racist
>>
Kayfabe could be that Haitch told the drafters that he has certain people he must keep on NXT to draw their shows.
>>
>>1498376
Not really. God bless the USA.
>>
>>1497775
implying anyone watches nxt for divashit
>>
>>1497510
Don't forget the equally brain damaged Mick Foley and the drunk/drugged out of her mind Stephanie.
>>
I understand that, but from a storyline standpoint, it makes no sense why Shane wouldn't want them on his show.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.