[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 1998, the height of the Monday Night Wars. You win

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: monday-night-war.jpg (69KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
monday-night-war.jpg
69KB, 642x361px
It's 1998, the height of the Monday Night Wars. You win the lottery ($25,000,000) and decide you are going to start your own wrestling promotion.

Who do you sign and what is your promotion's product/idealogy?

PS. You can't sign guys who have big-money contracts such as Hogan, Nash, Hall, Austin, The Rock etc.
>>
I buy ECW, pay the talent, and market it properly.
>>
>>1480206
Buy most of the cruiserweights in WCW and make them main event level guys. For the rest I will get indie guys.
>>
>>1480206
I throw the necessary money at Austin, Rock and Foley.
I hire a young Cena and Lesnar.
I buy all of ECW.
I buy Macho Man just because.
>>
>>1480214
> You can't sign guys who have big-money contracts such as Hogan, Nash, Hall, Austin, The Rock etc.

That includes Macho too.
>>
>>1480213
I would probably get the 2002 OVW guys as well like >>1480214
>>
>>1480208
This, 25 mil is not enough to compete and start a promotion from the ground up with. ECW has a TV deal to make money and the checkbook is now in your hands and not that fucking rat Heyman's. Stick around a few years actually paying guys and ECW will sign guys like Crying Man Phil, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, all the other indie favorites in lieu of ROH which I doubt will exist if ECW actually pays guys
>>
>>1480213
>>1480214
>>1480219
Cena didn't debut until 1999 and Lesnar didn't debut until 2000.
>>
>>1480217
>rules

Back2wew

>>1480224
So?
Get to them younger. Breed loyalty.
>>
>>1480217
>implying macho man ever drew a dime
>>
>>1480226
Jarrett never drew a dime, yet he had a big-money contract.
>>
File: 1468506663729.jpg (93KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468506663729.jpg
93KB, 600x800px
I give johnny the bull the belt and were off
>>
File: BtMFEQgIAAAMQEK.jpg (54KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
BtMFEQgIAAAMQEK.jpg
54KB, 600x421px
>>1480222
Also I sign Bret before Botchberg murders him and put him in a heel stable with Steve Corino where they hate hardcore shit and sign Owen to be a babyface ECW guy and have them feud over the strap
>>
Sign up people like dbry cm punk and like 30 other wrestlers who got their official debuts around that time.
My fed would be like ecw minus all weapons all the time.
Also i would physically be saving most of my money as i wouldnt sign anybody to a retarded contract.
Mine would be a vince mcmahon kinda deal.
Theyd have a guaranteed number which would be more than liveable especially during the 90s with the promisr of raises according to work out put.
I think its fair to say that i do this for a few years only spending 5 million.
Wcw goes out of business ecw goes out of business.
Around this time talk to networks work out a small tv deal before the promotions roh and tna become a thing.
Now occasionally throw a few bucks for a one or two off appearance to the wcw and ecw guys the wwe didnt want and have them put over my talent.
My only problem is I'd be always searching for talent because vince will just keep stealing muh talents.
Would i have no big names you betcha.
We would be situated in NY whether its some part on long island or the city and we build a loud vocal fan base.
Especially during this time NY was THE wrestling capital of America.

Also if i was approached to just get sucked into wwes developmental system i would more than likely accept.

Also tv 14.
No goofy kid shit like hornswoggle painting a wil e coyote cave.
Or poop jokes.
This isnt to say that my promotion will be as out of control in content as the attitude era but bleeding would be allowed. Female to male and male to female violence is allowed.
The woman if they actually want to can wear more revealing attire if they want to.
And there would be no ban on swearing. Just so long as everyone doesnt talk like negan from the walking dead comic.
>>
>>1480241
The most noble of thoughts.
Spend 25 million dollars just to ensure that both harts are still alive, in good health, and can wrestle.
>>
File: 1465440439520.jpg (79KB, 500x559px) Image search: [Google]
1465440439520.jpg
79KB, 500x559px
>>1480263
Bret and Owen would be draws for ECW since they're not jackoffs who can't get over anywhere else but the northeast like most of the roster

Bret would work for peanuts if I gave him a tippity top guy spot, being a heel and burying the violent smarks in New York about how he doesn't need any hardcore crap to win. He could have Corino carry around the belt and he refuses to touch it or kiss it like he did with all his other belts because ECW is crap to him. Insane heat
>>
>>1480222
Trips confirms correct answer.
>>
I centre my promotion around Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam
>>
Make AJ Styles the face of the company and hire a lot of draws.
>>
>>1480308
>Vanilla Midget Entertainment
>>
>>1480222

Best idea here. I was gonna just say sign all the guys that'll be draws in five years but having an actual brand people recognize on top of that is just gravy.
>>
Van Hammer (Supreme World Champion)
Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli
Reno (Tag Team Champion)
Mideon
Alex Wright (Free World Champion)
D'Lo Brown
Super Calo (Tag Team Champion)
Lodi
Glacier (Underground Champion)
Road dogg
Edge
Test

Supreme Alliance World Wrestling (SAWW)

The future of wrestling is right now!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I'd just buy the UFC to be honest
>>
>>1480316
There's only one problem past getting the finances taken care of and that's the ECW crowd.

The reverse impact zone, where they're all a bunch of loud mouth smarks who like to call out a botch and love ECW favorites too much like Sandman and Dreamer when they're pure spectacle and not as good as the future draws, so they could react really negatively to Phil getting a push
>>
>>1480206
waste of fucking money
>>
I'd buy ECW. Re-sign Benoit and Eddie and have them feud with Sabu and Van Dam.
Bring back Raven and sign Edge as a tag team, break the bank to get Bret Hart and persuade Kurt Angle the crucifixtion was a mistake, feuding them both with Taz.
Tajiri, Guido and Super Crazy midcard with Billy Kidman, Rey and Ultimo Dragon
Hire D'Lo, DDP and Jericho.
Keep an eye out for a young Randy Orton, James Storm, Hernandez and Samoa Joe.
The Dudleys run a Heath Slater style legends spot where they trash tag teams.
Try and form working agreements with New Japan and eventually NOAH when it starts.
>>
>>1481013
>Try and form working agreements with New Japan and eventually NOAH when it starts.
>not signing Big Johnny so you can get Motoko Baba's ear and convince her to listen to Misawa and expand All Japan to become number 1 in Japan while forming a working relationship with ECW and just let Inoki cuck NJPW to death
>>
>>1481023
Kek.
Or that yeah.
>>
>>1481031
I don't know how you thought there was any value in a New Japan partnership when all they were really good for in the 90s was juniors and basically all the juniors have been in ECW or WCW by this point so they're good but not going to draw a lot of money

But 1998, having a deal with All Japan when the four pillars are fucking hot as hell with wrestling fans the world over and they're not completely crippled like they were by the time NOAH was a thing? Getting them for a few big shows would draw a lot of money
>>
I give all my.money to Ted turner to keep the company
>>
>>1481037
Because exactly that. New Japan had some solid juniors, and creating a company with a killer USP by preceeding the X division by 4 years wouldn't be a total failure.
I assumed due to the big money guys like Austin and Rock being off the table, the All Japan headliners were too.
>>
I'm not even going to read this thread. If any of you losers started your own promotion, that shit would be dead in under a year.
>>
>>1481347
Flippy shit vs working relationship with Japan is basically NJPW vs AJPW to me

You can get a bunch of high flyers to build up a cruiserweight division and hope they don't get snatched up by WWE or WCW, but any juniors would likely just be on loan and they don't have any really good heavyweight guys and did not produce any stars for a long time to bother pushing.
But AJPW has the All Japan headliners who obviously wouldn't work for ECW regularly in any capacity, but for a show or two as part of forming a working relationship with All Japan would draw a lot of money. And if Big Johnny managed to get Mrs. Baba to not fuck over Misawa, the NOAH exodus won't happen and then heading into the 21st century you can get a few of the broken down GOATs a few times a years and the young guys like Kenta and that fat motherfucker Morishima. All Japan could just build up these young guys without spending years trying to establish NOAH as a brand the way they were doing in the mid-2000s. Hopefully New Japan would die during this time because of the MMA shit and its competitor is an unfractured AJPW.

If the NOAH split would happen though even with hiring Big Johnny to work his gaijin magic on Mrs. Baba then I would choose NJPW for the flippy shit
>>
>>1480217
Savage was actually unsigned in late 97/early 98.

>>1480226
18+
>>
>>1481370
True that.
Might even be able to blag one of the Heavies, Kawada perhaps to face Bret or Sabu.
More than anything I'm impressed that you didn't just spout memes like 18+ or have sex. Bit refreshing to be honest.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.