[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Big Show the most useless wrestler on the roster right now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Is Big Show the most useless wrestler on the roster right now if you factor in his salary compared to other useless wrestlers?

>not a draw
>fans don't particularly pop for him as a face
>can't put younger guys over even if he tried because his feuds are so uninteresting
>too much of a joke to consider putting him back in the main event scene
He just has no place in the roster anymore.
>>
>>1475368

he is ineffective overall simply due to how overused and played-out all of his feuds and characters have been

to be completely honest, "dae big show so slow??" shit aside, he has honestly lost his true worth a while ago

probably should have retired after winning the Battle Royale at WM last year

I hope he retires after he beats Shaq at WM next year

funny thing: I want to see him on commentary. he has a good voice and is well spoken, he is quite good on it
>>
>>1475368
>>fans don't particularly pop for him as a face
He cosntantly gets pops in backstage segments and he gots lots oif them at that USAvsINT tag match.
>>
He should be smackdown GM
>>
>>1475368
I think you guys have a skewed perception of what a "draw" is.
It's not just pulling in ratings. If you're identifiable to casuals, and have an immediate, fairly-recognizable name to a widespread audience, you can be considered a draw.
Beeg's a great media personality, moves merch pretty well, I think, and can be counted on to function in just about any role believably due to his size.
He may not be fun to watch, but he has value to the company.
>>
>>1475368
He should replace Byron on commentary.

I love Big Show but Christ is he shit these days. That segment with the Rock was painful.
>>
Fuck off underage, Show is GOAT and one of the last remaining guys in the locker room that's actually paid his dues.

It's not his fault creative has destroyed his character.
>>
>>1475561
>paid his dues
>beat Hogan for the world title in his debut

m8
>>
>>1475580
>Wight went to the Horizon show, and was invited into the locker room, where he met Ric Flair, Arn Anderson (his boyhood hero), and a naked Paul Orndorff.
>and a naked Paul Orndorff.

He paid his fucking dues.
>>
File: Mr.1derful.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.1derful.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>1475585
>implying Mr. Wonderful wasn't handsome AF
>>
>>1475368

to be fair, Big Show could still be a very valuable addition to the roster if WWE wasn't saddled godawful creative.
>>
>>1475610
You could literally say this about everybody besides like...Titus.
>>
>>1475368
It's simple because none of the skinny manlets that passes for wrestler nowadays can even lift him.
>>
>>1475672
HEY! HEY! HEY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idfB1XJYud4
>>
>>1475580

> was paid $125K as world champion

Sure it beats being a bad used car salesman and minor league basketball player, but he was the world champion.
>>
>>1475368
No, because he still gets a big reaction, for better or worse. He is the guy they have around so they can bring in celebrities to fight him. Who else would've Mayweather fought?
>>
>>1475368
OP, just kill yourself
>>
>>1475368
I think he'd be more successful if he took a year off and got fit

As he is, he's a goddamn Jobber.
>>
>his most interesting moment in the last 15years was getting Lesnar to put him through the ring

I like how he's reverted to his WCW in ring persona at least
>>
>>1475368
>his feuds are so uninteresting
He had good feuds with Sheamus, Mark Henry and Del Rio in the last few years. He had a great WHC run in 2012. All the authority shit in 2013 fucked him up.
>>
WEEEEELL
>>
>>1476448
Beeg's actually a great commentator.
>>
>>1475368

AWWWW CHAMOOON OP HE'S NOT A BAD GUY! He has just been booked like shit for the past 10 years being randomly thrown at other wrestlers as a threat. But he keeps getting buried by them. As he stands right now he's a legacy guy who is just staying in to give younger talent a push and tbch he is the only big guy draw left.
>>
It's this weird thing where no one wants him to go over and he's cool with putting everyone over, taking away all of his legitimacy and essentially making all of his matches worthless to everyone involved. It's basically to the point where if anyone loses to him we assume they did something wrong or have some sort of heat backstage. The fact that he and Kane are "giants" doesn't matter when they lose 24/7.
>>
>hating based show
Fuck off back to woo right now
>>
>>1475368
I feel this way about Kane too
>>
>>1476623
Big Show can't win. If he loses then he's a worthless jobber and nobody looks good. If he wins then he's ''burying'' people and it's the end of the world.

I've always hated the mentality of 'nobody over 40 is allowed to win matches or it's burying'. If they can still go they should still be booked strong. Jericho is one of the few that still gets wins, though he did spent a few years as a jobber before this one.
>>
>>1475632
Yes but Big Show has showed he can be a monster heel again, look at him when he was in Jerishow.

Jericho knew how to book Big Show so once they split up creative made him act as a giant new year baby.
>>
>>1476399
Also agaisnt heel Daniel Bryan.
>>
>>1475368
live crowds are still a core part of wwe
seeing a "freak" like that is always going to be a draw
its like pt barnum almost
just so you can parade him around doing house shows or whatnot
definitely not as ueless as some other guys on the roster
>>
The fact of the matter is that Vince has never been able to get Show over to his 1997 WCW levels.

He's never been a major merchandise seller, he's never been a ratings draw, his WWE Heavyweight title reigns were both disappointments, primarily because both were just transitional title reigns- Vince never felt comfortable enough to give him a long title reign which speaks volumes.

So yeah, it's not that he's only become useless recently because he's old, lazy and can barely move compared to his physical prime. The reality is that he's pretty much been useless since the day they signed him- primarily because they never figured out how to get him over.

Dude should have been pushed as the most dominant monster in WWE history from day 1 but instead they've never been able decide whether to push him as a serious threat, a comedy character, or something in between and it's ruined him.
-
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.