[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will joining an mma gym and learning to fight name me less meek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 03FXpYL.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
03FXpYL.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
Will joining an mma gym and learning to fight name me less meek and anxious?
I still want to learn it for itself and to compete, but I was just wondering if it'd help make me more assertive instead of a scared little bitch
>>
>>1473377
> the reaso every MMGay karate kid on /asp/ ever started karate
>>
It won't help you grow a pair to ask Becky to the dance
>>
>>1473377
NO, the Kung-Fu. You need someone who is really trying to kill you, arm-bar you, or hit you in the face, hard. You should test you for real. Get exercise, use google and go visit them. Ask them how many people are in training to become fighters competetive, how often they compete with their competitors, a bar association, or an application really grappling tournaments.

When MMA from a gym competition if you can, bjj if you can not find a gyn MMA, muay Thai, or if you can not find one of them, and boxing as a last resort only.
>>
>>1473398
Did you have a stroke or something
>>
>>1473453
It's the poo in loo that uses google translate.
>>
>>1473453
I have hit my mother last night you fagot.
>>
What is the source of your unease? Are you specifically scared of entering combat, or are you just meek in general? Learning to fight will only help with the first, and learning mma will not help with the first, it will just give you a false sense of confidence because mma has absolutely nothing to do with self defense. Crawling all over someone with your dicks touching will not teach you how to deal with violence in the real world except for the rare case of hostility between you and a single person. mma doesn't teach you to be aware of your environment and the people around you, it doesn't teach you to always be on the lookout for entry and exit points, it doesn't teach you how to position yourself before a fight starts in order to minimize risks, it doesn't teach you to take an opponent by surprise during that phase that occasionally comes up when he's in your face and talking shit and pushing you, it doesn't teach you that your primary goal in a fight is to create a situation that allows you to escape the area altogether rather than to sit there beating the shit out of someone when you could already be running to safety, it doesn't teach you ANYTHING that will raise your chances of survival if someone comes rushing at you with a knife. You can literally learn more about dealing with violence in real life from fucking youtube videos from the likes of nick drossos, luke holloway, and master wong than you can from taking up MMA.
>>
>>1473624
I'm just meek in general
The few times I've been in a fight I've felt amazing so I'm comfortable with that I think
>>
>>1473624
>nick drossos, luke holloway, and master wong
why the fuck do you think it's funny to type all of that garbage out just to waste everyone's time?
>>1473663
please don't fall for that shitty bait. the dude is fucking with you.
>>
>>1473813
Sorry, I don't really know much about this sort of thing
>>
>>1473377
>Will joining an mma gym and learning to fight name me less meek and anxious?
Scientific studies have shown that exercise in general, aids in reducing the effects of negative emotions, and aids in maintaining emotional well being.
>>
>>1473377
>I was just wondering if it'd help make me more assertive
If you want to be assertive, educate yourself on being assertive, and practice being assertive.

Joining an MMA gym, you learn your gym's style of MMA, and you learn how to beta people up 1 vs 1 on fancy shock absorbent floors under a strict rule set. What you don't learn is how to be assertive.
>>
>>1473377
>a scared little bitch
If your lack of being assertive is in part due to thinking about how other people could beat you up, then MMA will help with that, to an extent.
>>
>>1474306
yeah he wouldn't learn the true way of fighting on the streets, like your grandmaster at the YMCA knows
>>
>>1474308
>If your lack of being assertive is in part due to thinking about how other people could beat you up, then MMA will help with that, to an extent.
Being assertive is a matter of psychology, not martial arts.
>>
>>1474308
I'm more scared of what they'll say or think rather then do
>>
>>1473377
worked for me. you won't take shit from anyone after beating people much bigger than you. just don't think you are Rambo or something after 1 year of tranning or be a dick for no reason.
>>
>>1474334
see >>1474599
>>
>>1474599
It's contextual though.
I've seen people allow themselves be bitched out, because they worry that standing their ground will lead to their capacity for violence will be tested. This isn't really a conscious thing though.

If you're comfortable in a physical altercation, you'll be more comfortable moving the interaction towards one, even though 99% of the time it won't actually make it there.

It won't help you talk to girls, but I know plenty of guys who are great with girls, but the moment they get genuinely tested by a man, they crumble.

I also know a lot of guys who could kill most people they meet barehanded, but can't talk to girls they find attractive.
>>
I wanna try it myself OP, like people said, it would help a lot, as you will most likely be able to beat someone that will try to attack you, and you can walk comfortable knowing that.
>>
>>1473377
No it won't, just look at CM Punk.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.