[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I practice Chen pan ling 99 form taijiquan. I want to kno

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (52KB, 347x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 347x500px
So I practice Chen pan ling 99 form taijiquan. I want to know how do you reach the skills of:

Chen ziqiang
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTP16HPFMms

Chen Zhonghua

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WjjiJbPOdR8

More Chen ziqiang
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lk-OITQqHP8

I love the taiji concepts and aesthetics, how do you make them workable in fighting.
>>
>>1453198
ho boy, before you get torn apart here I'll say this. In most of these they are working with their students. working with a skilled grapplier in freestyle is another matter.

having great internals does not make you a fighter, fighting is a separate skill, which is why the best internal arts encourage free style training against people who know what they are doing at high levels.
>>
>>1453249
I think the Chen ziqiang vid is ok for freestyle.

Sure, but I want to use taiji flavor, which is very rare to find with decent fighting. mixing too many pots isnt what I'm going for. I do study other stuff and spar, but in intrigued by how these guys keep their root so well and keep the form in fighting.
>>
>>1453275

Its been talked about before, he is not attacking with the skill or aggressiveness of a good wrestler

rooting can be done sprawled out on a mat, its just trickier without gravity as a guide.

If you want Pure tai chi you should start with push hands, and then when you can throw people around with fa jing like the top guys in chen village, or at least a half-decent imitation of them, then consider going into free style with it against people who dont believe in fa jing and dont care who your teacher is. Sanshou would probably be more up your ally in this regard because you wont have to deal with alot of ground work.
>>
The guy who was the biggest proponent of Tai chi on this board challenged another anon and then pussied out when anon accepted
>>
Asian pyjama dancing.
>>
>>1453198

kek

Stop it. Just watch chinese movies if you want to see tai chi aesthetics in a fight. Do tai chi for the help benefits and to relax. You're going to get mopped trying to tai push someone in a fight
>>
>>1453333
Well that sucks. Was he any good?

>>1453479
I've seen some guys who can use it. It's more like wrestling and sumo with fancy strikes.
>>
>>1454410
>Well that sucks. Was he any good?

No.

And that's normal for here. Goju guy did the same thing.

And it happens on Leddit too, especially with those faggot Seven Mountain Spirit Fist faggots.

BLUF: CMA has a shitty reputation for actual fighting and proponents on the internet aren't helping.
>>
>>1454410
He thought he was but there's a gif out there that says otherwise
>>
so did u fight with other martial art system?
I quite doubt of the fighting ability of wushu
>>
>>1454775
/r/ing wu's expert level side kick .gif
>>
File: 1468129721463.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468129721463.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>1456811
>>
Did he lose because his chi wasn't strong enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fPIRr45fdM
>>
>>1458324
It was hilarious when he posted this after talking so much shit about other posters, and then simply disappeared with a "muh disability check".
>>
>>1460025
>he posted this after talking so much shit about other posters
What did he say?
>>
>>1458365
This movie was great. I love how it was clearly a Stephen Chow movie even though he didn't act in it.
>>
>>1460974
Challenged anon, anon accepted. Wu bitched out but tried to claim he was in the right. He'd make up stories about how he would win street fights, but would bitch and moan when people would call him out on it.
>>
>>1453198
it looks fake as fuck like a lot of Chinese martial arts do.
>>
>>1453198
The fact that you think those videos are examples of effective martial arts means you have no experience whatsoever, so I'd suggest you start by learning wrestling.
>>
>>1460974
>What did he say?
He challenged two trips, backed out of both, and would shit on anons here talking about how he was so great etc.

Just your standard shit talking.

Then he posted this and disappeared after he got roasted like a motherfucker.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.