[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a road bike to start endurance/cycle training. It'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Looking for a road bike to start endurance/cycle training. It'll be my first bike so I don't need anything to spectacular. But the guy at the shop said a road bike is a waste of time because they are race bikes with the intention of going as fast as possible with the least amount of effort. He said i just need something heavy... but he was also a know it all douche and most know it all douches actually know nothing ive found in most cases. Any one with experience that can help?
>>
So are you riding to the ring with one or...? Is it going to be used as a weapon?

What is the bike gimmick you're going for?
>>
>>1448533
Both.
>>
>>1448522
Guy at the shop is right. Road bike are meant to be fast. If you want something that will give you a challenge, ride a mountain bike with knobby tires on the street.

Or just run.
>>
I really enjoy my road bike. Whether you should get a road bike or a fatter tired mountain bike really depends on what you want to do with it.

A road bike will let you go pretty fast and cover quite a bit of ground, but the thinner tires mean you're pretty much limited to roads, preferably well paved. A mountain bike will be much slower but much more versatile, allow you to tackle side walks or dirt trails if there are any near you. I'd get an entry level road bike and a cheapo bike computer, shoes, a pair of bike shorts and have some fun. Giant Defy's are good starters.
>>
get a gun
>>
A road bike wrestling gimmick would never get over.

Get back to the drawing board.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.