[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /asp/, just trying to get some general advice, and you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Enter the Dragon poster.jpg (552KB, 1082x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Enter the Dragon poster.jpg
552KB, 1082x1600px
Hey /asp/, just trying to get some general advice, and you're the guys to ask.
I'm looking to take up a martial art, mainly just for some exercise, get in a bit better shape and generally improve myself and my body image.
What's the advised martial art/arts for this kind of goal? I'm not too focused on getting ripped or being able to kick people through walls.

I'm sure there's more than one answer, but any explanation you can give me along with any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'm brand new to all of this.
>>
File: E6RaByU.jpg (318KB, 1632x1375px) Image search: [Google]
E6RaByU.jpg
318KB, 1632x1375px
>>
File: Martial Arts Flow Chart.jpg (705KB, 1632x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Martial Arts Flow Chart.jpg
705KB, 1632x1732px
>>
>>1447208
Come on now, this kid's obviously not ready for Ameri-do-te.
>>
>>1446162
>mainly just for some exercise, get in a bit better shape and generally improve myself and my body image.
Anything that isn't total ass, just take it seriously.
>>
Do a two week trial at a few different dojos near you and pick the one that does the most cardio.
Just avoid the mcdojo.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/McDojo
>>
Thanks for the advice and infographs guys! Having a look through them along with what's being taught in the area.

Also had no idea McDojos were a thing, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>1449470
Yeah, McDojos are a thing, and that is one of the reasons why BJJ and Judo are so easy to recommend. If you aren't choking and throwing fools, then something is wrong.
>>
>>1450898
It's the second reason most arts with competition are recommended, you can check if they have winners.
>>
>>1447208
>do you want skills that would be useful in a real fight?
>Do you have experience in contact SPORTS

trashed
>>
>>1450943
That chart is from Reddit. Every time asp tries to do something similar, all roads end up leading to pipe bomb building class.
>>
>>1450993
what?
>>
>>1450943
Yes because we all know that no one is training as hard as the true martial artists like the aikido and ninjustu fags
>>
>>1451015
>even humoring these people
>>
>>1451015
nice strawman faggot
aikido, ninjitsu, CMA and all the others that get laughed at, those styles are really hard and intense with their training ive taken a bunch of those classes and have worked up a real good sweat after each practice
>>
>>1451024
The fact that there will be people who can't tell you're joking is sad.
>>
>>1450943
How would you change it? I can push a pixel or two around.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>1451024
It's easy to sweat when you weigh 350 pounds at 5'8
>>
>>1451024
The level of conditioning needed for Aikido is nowhere near the level needed for boxing.
>>
>>1451100
Or wrestling, or BJJ, or Judo, or any other combat sport. At least if they're being taught right.

I was a "very good" Aikidoka who frequently performed technique above rank at 200 pounds with what was considered "good" conditioning.

I'm an "adequate" boxer who is regularly schooled by state champion amateurs at 155 and the best physical condition I've ever been in.
>>
>>1451065
sorry for late reply but everything would have to be changed thanks for the offer though
>>
>>1447208
Is Krav Maga really a meme martial art like Aikido?
>>
>>1454757
There are legit dojos for krav Maga, but for every legit one, there are ten that are complete bullshit.
>>
>>1454822
>there are legit dojo out there

I'll believe it when I see it
>>
>>1446162
Aikido dude. Just look at Senpai Seagal, he's a bad ass mother fucker and rapes bitches left and right and essentially you're a dumb ass.

Check out Aikido to find out why pro fighters hate him.
>>
>>1451024
>ive taken a bunch of those classes and have worked up a real good sweat after each practice

>The amount that you sweat is indicative of your fighting ability

Is this an anime about Turkish oil wrestling?
>>
>>1454757
I 'sparred' with someone who trained Krav Maga previously. By their own admission they had never hit someone 'on purpose' before. It took them over 3 minutes to land 3 punches, and I wasn't throwing any.
>>
>>1454983
>The amount that you sweat is indicative of your fighting ability
We have this Italian guy at my gym, the only reason I can't tap him is that he's so sweaty, it's fucking impossible to get any sort of grip on him.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.