[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I remember when /asp/ was more about martial arts than wrestling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (166KB, 670x1192px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 670x1192px
So I remember when /asp/ was more about martial arts than wrestling. For you aspies still around, what do we do about the present situation? do we move to /sp/? I just don't want to create a bunch of nonsensical threads.

Martial art questions of the day: What are your goals in training? For those of you who practice a relatively obscure martial art with a bad rep why do you do it?

Ive been learning some Chinese stuff because I like the movements. I don't know how practical it'll be in the street but somethings cool about using broadswords.
>>
yes mma is an actual sport where as wrestling is for faggots who pretend they dont watch soap operas, should move to /sp/
>>
>>1435107

>that image

If you wanted a fap thread all you had to so was ask

>>1435110

>it's totally really
>fighters aren't paid off at all

kek
>>
>>1435110
>MMA isn't also a predetermined soap opera
lol
>>
>>1435107
Lol your threads won't survive there if they don't last here.
>>
>>1435107
Current goal in training is to cut ten pounds before the next competition so that I can be at the top of my weight class instead of the bottom.
>>
>>1435190

This. Nobody wants to talk about larpy sword fighting or how to spend 100s of dollarydoos to learn worthless gook art.
>>
>>1435107
Training Muay Thai because I both love it and I have a fight in October. So, I'm training to win.

Also, I do train in another style that gets a lot of hate but I love it and don't give a fuck :P

Bujinkan

Yep...bring the hate. I love the different ryu, the VERY different training methodology, I love the spirit of the art, And I really dig the ninja/weeaboo aspects of it all. My training partners are all total bros I can eat with & watch anime. I think, at the end of the day, I'm just a big martial arts nerd.

But I will say, the way I approach Bujinkan is more like the guys at AKBAN do it then some of the other affiliates.

https://youtu.be/LdHHCOo-Qyw
>>
>>1435322
but ur fat
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3006px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3006px
>>1435365
Say dat 2 my face nugga! Imma fuk u up irl...
>>
I am currently using martial arts as a means to have sex, that's all.
I can 1, hopefully be impressive and 2, maybe justify my ugliness a little with "oh well he gets hit in the face a lot so of of curse its a little jacked up"

as for the state of the board, I don't think it's appropriate to accept defeat although I had considered leaving and never coming back until I saw this thread and got inspired.

This is how we combat this shit, every time any of you visit the board it is mandatory you make a new thread, I don't care what it's about but the general discussion threads are what killed us. We need to be more autistic and make threads about everything we have to say just like the wrestling retards do.
>>
I'm here for the Wrasslin, but I totally agree with OP. Pro Wrestling is Performance art and doesn't really belong here. It belongs on TV or they should just have a /pw/ board or something for all the WWE, TNA and Outlaw wrestling threads.

Secondly it's so broad that it will never be able to contain to a general. And 90% of the Wrasslin shit is CM Punk trolling, Roman Reigns trolling, Sasha dancing fan video, Becky Lynch crying, Namefag wars, Carter, Deanfag, Peadomod.

The Diva Fart league and etc which was actually fun, gets banned while all this other shit gets to remain.

If you move the /asp/ stuff like skateboarding, skiing, to /sp/ it will be even worst, if it can't even last here.

Pro wrestling should just have it's own board /pw/. So that this place gets cleaned up and then aspies can actually have threads beyond confining every practiced hobby as a general.
>>
>>1435110
By that logic shouldn't they go to /tv/?
It's all staged and directed like a regular tv drama so is it really a sport at all?
Is acting a sport?
Thespian General when?
>>
>>1436338
A good body with an ugly face can help you land chicks. Training a proper martail art will help you build a body that is considered "sexy" by a lot of women.

The catch is: if you have a legit ugly face you may only be able to get with anime girls. Hang out when they hang out etc...
>>
>>1435107
Just got my blue belt in BJJ. Have been working arm drags to taking the back.
>>
>>1435110

>Not watching soap operas
>Not wanting to cum in Roman Reigns' hair
>>
>>1439062
Noice!

Have you done many competitions? Why are working arm drags & taking the back? Sounds awfully specific...
>>
>>1439134
Lots of the dudes I roll with are bigger and heavier than me so I try to avoid playing bottom with them. Arm drag is a good way to use their forward momentum as they try to pass and once I take the back I don't need to worry about the weigh difference.
>>
>>1439243
Ah!

The reason I ask is because Inws beaten witha very specific move during s competition once (triangle choke) and spent all my time between that comp and the next on how to defeat triangles.

Not implying anything. Just sharing an experience. Keep up the good work.
>>
This fake wrestling shit destroyed this board. How the fuck can someone be into watching fake fighting?
>>
>>1439373
it's more about the characters and storylines they tell while they are fake fighting. It's actually pretty interesting. It's a popular form of performance art and it runs deep in the american history.
>>
>>1439460
So kinda like the Rocky balboa franchise and it's relation to boxing?
>>
Does anyone here know if the Kru school in Knoxville is legitimate? I've never practiced martial arts and am on a relatively tight budget and can't afford to waste my money a mcdojo.
>>
>>1435107
>What are your goals in training?
Trying to get to a point where I can do this shit for a living.

>The catch is: if you have a legit ugly face you may only be able to get with anime girls. Hang out when they hang out etc...
If you can fight, you can also get fight skanks.
>>
>>1435107
I remember those days, TKD bruh shit posting, pomf being pomf ah.
Im currently focusing on my hands even planning on signing up for a pure boxing gym, i use my hands to set up kicks and elbows so i was to be proficent in just boxing so everything else can better slowly.
My goal is to fight and hopefully earn an amature and maybe pro belt, so far im aiming to compete in the WKA tournament here, but i know its a shit show so im not raising my hopes too much.
>>1435322
Serious questions: 1) what gym do you train in?
2) what weight class?
3)what level of weeb have you achieved?
>>1439489
Ive heard a lot of people say nothing in knoxville is legit, check the website if the coach and fighters have tracable, legitimate fight records then they will only give you what you put out if not nope the fuck outta there.
>>1439647
I feel you Doc, issue is muay Thai alone pays shiy even at high level and i kinda dont want to go into MMA, idk something in me doesnt like it. Maybe its because of how things get watered down to focus more on grappling and shitty form striking.
>>
>>1436282

>manlet

sorry little guy, you gotta go.
>>
>>1440875
Pomf live on in us all. It is the duty of every one to spread message of BJJ gayness and Shaolin.
>>
wrestling fan here.

the wrestling fans that post here are the most insufferable idiots of the whole fanbase.

most wrestling fans are pretty ok, the people here are fucking terrible.
>>
>>1435110
>mma is a sport
>pro wrestling is not

nice bait
>>
>>1443477
It's like we got the worst of /wooo/ in here. Insuferable tripfags, smark busters dick riding idiots, anons that would rather """"""bait""""" with every comment than actually have a discussion.
>>
>>1443477
>>1443583

You two sound like wootists. Maybe you should head on back there.
>>
>>1437450
Pro wrestling should be outright banned on 4chan for the way your asshole brethren behave themselves.
>>
>>1444919

This is our board, cuck. Deal with it and be thankful we don't bury all your off-topic threads.
>>
>>1444919
blame hiro, and the /sp/ community who decided to add more moderation to their already overmoderated board.

/wwe/ occupied a single general with many many more users than those who use /asp/ to discuss wrestling now, there wasn't as much retarded tripfaggotry (well there was but it was more diluted due to having more anons), we also had flag banter.

both /wwe/ and /asp/ were hurt by this merge, but at least /sp/ free'd up a whole 1 catalog space
>>
boxing

current goal

get heaps good at boxing

ive boxed on and off for years and always fucked up fofers of fighting because drugs and partying time to change that
>>
I've kind of lost my goals. Got my BJJ black belt back in 2013. Don't have enough free time to get in competition shape, so I'm having to come to terms with the fact I'm a recreational black belt, which makes me want to blow my brains out.

I'm thinking about taking up a striking martial art, but they all seem so boring and focus entirely on physical attributes. I wish there was like, a BJJ of stand up, where technique and mental acuity are of equal importance with how many miles you can run.

I guess my goal is don't kill myself.
>>
File: newfag.jpg (103KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
newfag.jpg
103KB, 473x480px
>>1443477
Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>1445972
Have you tried something weapon related? Fencing, Kendo, Escrima, etc.?
>>
>>1445972
have you tried shaolin
>>
>>1439469
that's a good way to think about it

RAW isn't a show that features wrestling matches, it's a show about a wrestling company
>>
>>1443477
Welcome to /wwe/. We're basically wrestling's version of /v/. We hate everything.
>>
>>1445972
Most striking arts focus on the technique most fighters dont, a lot of fighters dont like being technical, and would rather swing as hard as they can until someone falls.
Look up the glory kickboxer Kevin Ross he's very technical and even uses slight head movement to avoid damage.
>>1443352
Where's tkd brah, and does anyone have that wu gif of him punching and kicking i need that.
>>
>>1445972
go for something like muay thai or sanda; lots of tactics and strategies and moving parts. the more tools, the more complex the game.
>>
>>1446345
>it's a show

Which is why it belongs on /tv/.
>>
>>1446618

Teek is gone. Even I can't find him any more.
>>
I guess this is the "not wrestling" thread.

I need a hobby to not devolve into a fat fuck, I live in GA so I don't want to be one of the 30% of the population that's obese.

I looked around and found a boxing gym nearby, and I thought I'd go for that since it seems like it would be fun, and the membership is cheap. What I'd like is tips on how to walk in and not make a total jackass of myself, is there anything I should know or can I just walk in and get started?

Keep in mind I'm 130 lbs of social ineptitude.
>>
>>1446618
While not on the same magnitude, you are considered the same variety of bad as Wu
>>
>>1447197
Ask questions and actually listen to the answers while you try your best every time you show up
Don't assume you know anything
>>
>>1447255
>Don't assume you know anything
Good thing I don't.
>>
Have sex
>>
>>1435107
>some immigrant came to our country
>better leave the country to them and run away!
>>
>>1435107
Post more. Make more martial arts and alternative sport threads. I've been seeing people at least trying to make more MA threads, which is nice. I just wish we had competent moderation/rules.
>>
>>1447263
Amazeballs! You'll do fine. Just don't be an armchair warrior that thinks they know more than they actually do because they have watched it on TV.
>>
>>1435322
>1:38
lel what
>>
File: 1450444689839.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450444689839.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>1443477
See you next week!
>>
>>1446474

you're a way bigger circlejerk than /v/
>>
>>1435322
>the way I approach Bujinkan is more like the guys at AKBAN do it then some of the other affiliates.

Is that supposed to be a good thing? That was pretty dumb looking.
>>
>>1447012
Holy crap seido you're still here. There's still hope.
>>
I practice a form of hapkido.
current training goals for the moment is just maintaining and improve my physical fittness while I heal on break. I am taking 2 weeks off to heal from a presistent injury that I ignored while training for my black belt.
Now that it is summer, and I passed, I figure it is a good time for a break so I don't end up a criple or something.
would love to do something else while taking a break (like boxing, tai chi, or something weapon related) but no extra money for it.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.