[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are faggots on this board right now who unironically believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (183KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 800x532px
There are faggots on this board right now who unironically believe this isn't the future of pro wrestling
>>
>>1434477

Stop shilling Adam. Don't you have a Top Ten video to make?
>>
I was disappointed with episode one, DESU. The expectation would be that it was a fan-made promo that'd have lots of enthusiasm but very little professionalism. And that was pretty much exactly what it was.

The in-ring talent was good. The announcers were rubbish announcers who - like JBL and Cole - effortlessly killed any sort of thrill in the programming.

They want to go back now and watch 1980s tapes of Ventura, Mcmahon, Monsoon, Heenan and Piper. See how they mix play calling with colour and with narrative stuff. The basic rule is: if it's a big match, you want people focused on the in-ring action. You call the moves.

If it's a dull match, or low card, you start an argument in the commentary booth. You should not have commentators talking about commentators unless you don't really want the viewers paying attention to the ring action.

The crowd was, of course, absolutely fucking abysmal. I hope someone can one day think of a way to kill off the meme-calling crowds, because they will be the death of broadcast wrestling.
>>
>Announcers trying to put themselves over
>GM with no charisma
>First ever match has a DQ finish
You can't fucking run a series about how you're better bookers than the WWE, and then book a show worse than WWE
>>
>>1434477
>belt is too small
>announcers have lame conversations
>comedy match felt boring
>green screen segments felt really cheap
>DQ finish in first match

>
>>
>>1434477
shouldn't exist
>>
>Alexa Bliss just farted in this thread.
>>
It's a decent looking belt... but I can't support them know they're all left wing cucks.
>>
This looks like a cruiserweight belt, not a world title
>>
>>1434477
I haven't watched it yet, but from what I'm reading here, it looks like I shouldn't.
>>
>>1434759
Because it's not a "world" title. It's just that promotions championship. They've been avoiding saying "world".

>>1434760
It helps if you mute when you don't wanna hear run-on commentary, or more likely, the worlds most cancerous, smarkiest crowd that really needed to be shown out.
>>
>>1434780
Are the matches any good though?
>>
>>1434781
In-ring is pretty good, even just the overall performance of a lot of the guys are good. Joe Hendry is over as hell with me at least now. It's worth watching the video of his entrance they put up with the commentary cut out so that they don't blatantly talk over it.
>>
>>1434784
Hendry did seem like the best of the bunch from all of the videos hyping up the first episode. Glad to hear that wasn't a wrong assessment.
>>
>>1434785
>>1434784
Joe Hendry is great. It's worth checking out his other entrance videos in other promotions. They are all great and he is a damn good singer.
>>
>>1434785
Hendry is too out of shape and too gimmicky to be "the face of the company" top-guy tier to be honest, but he works his (pretty original) gimmick very well and has a lot of creativity going for it, the gimmick itself also allowing people to instantly identifiy with him via the Local Hero thing, and his ring antics are pretty good. He also sells like a motherfucker, or at least he did for a guy as big as Damo, while still coming across as sort of speedy and flexible rather than just lying there playing dead.

His offense needs to look a bit more convincing and legitimately menacing and he needs to lose the belly you can see pop out a lot during the match, but this guy should definitely be going places in wrestling.
>>
>>1434788
>>1434790
I guess I should start watching WCPW then, if only for Hendry.
>>
>>1434792
My biggest question is who the hell the big face is going to be.

Rampage is the one that looks the most like it, but he's deeply heel.

Hendry is likely the most talented for the position, but he just lost contendership.

Damo is in no way a face of the company type of guy.

Are they just waiting for Noam, Damien or Zack to come in and take over? How permanently could they possibly have signed those guys to use them like that?
>>
>>1434752
Good post
>>
File: babyknows.jpg (182KB, 1080x968px) Image search: [Google]
babyknows.jpg
182KB, 1080x968px
>>1434477
How can you believe it is?

The crowd tries to put themselves over far to hard and ruin any momentum the matches start to build.

The commentary team sucks hard. I'll give it to Simon slightly he was trying to call the matches.
Ross on the other hand is a autistic manchild who spent longer trying to get his terrible gimmick over. And it is terrible if he had charisma or wit then it might be okay for a while, but he has neither. He is literally a fat man in a child's fancy dress costume, if you want a gimmick Ross buy a fedora it will work better.
All in all the commentary team should be like in actual sports call the action and give insights.

The wrestling was alright nothing to go crazy over, basically have you ever been to a British wrestling show? If the answer is yes you will have seen it before.

Blampied, Pacitti, and the rest of the whatculture employees bring nothing special.

If they want this to be good here's some advice.
>Drop the shitty Pacitti Club vs BX angle it works on the internet but for a show its retarded.
>Let the wrestlers shine, its about them not you you weaken the product and the wrestlers by upstaging them to massage your egos.
>Kick out autist meme calling crowd members
>Get the commentary team to call the match and give an insight to it so it feels like a big match is going on, if they can't drop the commentary, it'll be better without it
>Drop the King gimmick Ross it makes you look like more of a smark than you already are.

Basically if they drop the whole Whatculture personalities and run it parallel to the Internet videos it'll be great, I mean have the guys there as like meet and greet if needs be but otherwise don't get in the ring or on a mic stay backstage and if you all love wrestling as much as you say you do you'll stay the fuck out of the spotlight.

>TL;DR They should just run a wrestling show and not appear on camera or in front of the audience.
>>
>>1434796
You might as well just watch ICW instead because ha;f the guys they signed are from there anyway but with less shitty commentary, crowd and match outcomes.
>>
>Two heel commentators
>two BAD commentators
>inserting themselves into the story, making the wrestlers pawns
>crowd putting themselves over and not talent
>>
>>1434792
Just watch Hendry in other feds with better matches and general more competent booking.
>>
>Shit commentary
>Shit backstage segments (why even use a fucking green screen is beyond me)
>Small as fuck that looks like a fucking toy belt
>Shit matches with shit storylines involving the WC cast
>>
>>1434950
>They should just run a wrestling show and not appear on camera or in front of the audience.
That's too much to ask these fucks.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.