[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can it be fixed? How? I'd say allow grappling (no ground),

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Logo shotokan.jpg (145KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Logo shotokan.jpg
145KB, 1024x768px
Can it be fixed?
How?
I'd say allow grappling (no ground), contact (no head, no use of knees or elbows) and practice putting kata movements into fighting
>>
>>1400425
change the competition rule set to knockdown karate and it will be fine in a year.
>>
>>1400425
how can we fix it when we don't even train it, we need people who are in the higher ups that run the system to change it, do we need to do a online petition for them to change? without that we are powerless
>>
>>1400425
As someone that has done aikido and hapikido i've memorized 10 different katas, and everytime i try to do kata movement against someone in a spar i either freeze up, or i cant find an opening to do it cause they don't move the way i want them to.
>>
>>1401804
>i've memorized 10 different katas
Useless, ideally you pick one, repeat it until everything moves by itself, and moves should come natural
Funakoshi's kata ranking kind of fucks up your mind, you imagine them as a top 10 or as a decided set. The Heian for example try to introduce you to the other katas or could be thought of as add-ons to an already established style, so they're useless if you try to get a fighting style out of them, Tekki is a fighting style on its own, dai and sho are just different masters' views on the same fundamentals, many "superior" katas are incompatible with shuri-te lineage because they come from white crane.
And of course the bunkai Nakayama and friends (ie everyone taught by funakoshi) taught are retarded because the bunkai weren't something taught so they made them up
>>
>>1405589
I say funakoshi but I don't know where the white - heian 1, yellow - heian 2, orange - heian 3 mentality comes from, it could have come from the successors
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.