[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brock Lesnar even a draw? Do people outside of the wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: WWE - Brock Lesnar.jpg (611KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
WWE - Brock Lesnar.jpg
611KB, 2560x1600px
Is Brock Lesnar even a draw? Do people outside of the wrestling and mma community know who this guy is?
>>
>>1383906
No he's not a draw, not even Cena is a draw.
>>
THE MMA COMMUNITY?!
>>
No he isn't a drawing. Clearly he is a real person. Anime and WWE are similar but completely different
>>
>>1383906
>moves a lot of merch
>his appearances have a decently consistent history of popping ratings
>mainstream personality that draws general interest

Yeah.
He, Cena and Taker are the only genuine draws.
>>
>>1383924
>Undertaker
>draw

The year he spent as top dog was one of the lowest in the company's history and he's never been known as a great buyrates guy.
>>
>>1383928
He's more of one nowadays because of the whole unique, very rare attraction thing.
He cultivates a lot more interest now than he did when he was in his prime, if only by proxy that WWE aren't building up anyone else interesting.
>>
>>1383916
Are you trying to be funny? Get some sunlight please.

Brock is irrelevant as shit. Even smarks think he is boring as shit.
>>
>>1383950
Post 'Brock'.= My Mom
>>
>>1383906
If that's your definition of a draw then no one is

No one who isn't already interested in MMA or Wrestling gives a fuck about anyone in it
>>
File: 1465502370748.jpg (44KB, 436x517px) Image search: [Google]
1465502370748.jpg
44KB, 436x517px
My dad knows who he is due to the UFC stuff and he's not even a MMA guy.

Granted, this is one person, and my aged father no less, so I don't know.
>>
>>1383906
WWE has no draws.
>>
>>1383950
>Irrelevant

lol if he left wrestling it would be catastrophic for the WWE

The news that he was going to fight at UFC 200 was a huge fucking deal and Jon Jones remarked how he wondered how many more millions he was going to make because Lesnar was on the card
>>
>>1384028
He is rarely in WWE m8. It won't be catastrophic, no one cares about him anymore, His aurora is long gone. AJ is more over with the smarks. Also
>UFC
>relevant
>>
>>1383906
He's not popular with normal people. I just know him because of WWE career mostly. So no he is not a draw.
>>
>>1383906
Bork? A draw? oh please. BMJ is not even a draw.
>>
>>1383906
Who cares, he bores me. Should just stay in ufc.
>>
>>1383906
Brock is literally the biggest draw UFC has ever had.
>>
No one is a fucking draw these days, Maybe like undertaker but thats it.
>>
>>1383928
Late 2000s Undertaker and the streak were definitely draws.
>>
>>1384039
UFC is more relevant than WWE you delusional nerd
>>
>>1384460
>nerd
Carter detected.
>>
>>1384460
I don't know how this is even disputable, even if they're entirely in the wrestling bubble they'd probably listen to Dave Meltzer who constantly goes on about MMA ratings and buyrates
>>
>>1384467
he's right tho
>>
>>1383916
>Anime and WWE are similar but completely different
TO ITS DETRIMENT.

I want to see Bray Wyatt lightning hands some fool like Darth Sidious already.
>>
No.
>>
You're probably asking because of Bo Jackson's recent comments on Lesnar. Short answer is we don't really know.
>>
>>1383906
Who?
>>
>>1383909
The John Cena meme has made him famous for people who don't even watch wrestling. Only people who don't know him are non-wrestling fans who actually have a life outside the internet.
>>
>>1384460
Because of Brock, you gross manlet.
>>
>>1383906
Lots of people I know dont give a fuck about World Wrestling Entertainment and might watch UFC if they are out at the bar love Brock and think he is awesome. They will go watch some UFC just for him. Its the same with Rousey.
>>
>>1385531
No you delusional retard

Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey have attained more celebrity and mainstream attention than anyone in the WWE

Wrasslin will never attain mainstream acceptance every again.
>>
>>1387140

Go ahead and tell me who main evented the highest selling MMA PPV of all time.
>>
>>1383906
The only draws WWE had:

>Hogan
>Rock
>Austin
>Cena
>>
>>1387205
He could simply google it...
>>
>>1387205
Not that guy but a lot of people think that UFC 100 's success was entirely due to Brock. However, UFC's second biggest draw at the time Georges St. Pierre (Who did comparable numbers to Brock and more PPV buys cumulatively) was the co-main. There's also the fact that the entire show was stacked.
>>
>>1387205
What's your point? UFC didn't get bigger than the WWE solely because of Lesnar you dolt.
>>
>>1383906
IF

in some crazy world Brock Lesnar broke ties with WWE and moved to Ring of Honor, CZW, or TNA two things would happen.

1. That company would instantly be able to sell out larger arenas and auditoriums than they had previously been able to. Triple or Quadruple sized audiences for those I just mentioned. ROH could potentially do a MSG show with Brock as a headliner and make a profit off of it.

2. That company's television and online programming would see a huge boost in ratings as people tune in to see how Brock is doing in the new environment.

These two things are the definition of a draw in wrestling. A person gets people into the building, and a person who pops the ratings every time they're on screen.
>>
>>1383906
Yes but only for the PPV's he appears in
Which is not many, you won't see many people watching WWE all year for Lesnar
>>
>>1387375

True, but UFC 116, UFC 121, and UFC 91 all sold better than GSP's best selling main event against Nick Diaz. Even Lesnar at UFC 141 against Overeem sold 800k. He's definitely the biggest UFC draw of all time, even though Conor will pass him if he can start reeling off a bunch of KOs again.

>>1387489

Calm down, aspie. I wasn't that first comment. I was just responding to the claim that "Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey have attained more celebrity and mainstream attention than anyone in the WWE" like you haven't heard of The Rock, Cena, etc.
>>
>>1383906

He might have got a decent few former viewers to turn back in, but past that, no.

At this point, no one who isn't going to watch no matter what happens is terribly interested in seeing him work three matches a year, the majority of which are shit and end with him burying someone who we have to pretend to take seriously on Monday.

The last particularly good match he had was the Rum Bowl match, and that was because of Seth Rollins, not Brock. The last two Taker matches were respectable PPV matches. Everything else has been shit because Brock really isn't that good at wrestling. He's good at being Comic Book HUGE, but that's it.

And he's CLEARLY not worth the money the WWE are paying him
>>
>>1384599

You might like Lucha Underground. Aerostar can fly and travel through time.
>>
>>1384039
>His aurora is long gone

Get an education.
>>
>>1383906

Yeah anyone who isn't an underage twat like you knows who he is.
>>
File: 1289389293.png (21KB, 588x379px) Image search: [Google]
1289389293.png
21KB, 588x379px
>can't work the stick
>shit character
>matches are meme squashes
he was never a draw.
>>
>>1387355
This. It's not even debatable.

/thread
>>
>>1387598
and Tye Dillinger
>>
File: 1443206543332.jpg (144KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1443206543332.jpg
144KB, 1024x1365px
>>1387591
>>
>>1387591
Brock was a Smackdown guy in his original run and that was outdrawing RAW in 2002-2003
>>
>>1387355
>>1387598
>no Sammartino

18 fucking PLUS
>>
>>1387591

You'd have to be horrifically underage if you think Brock only has "meme squashes"...that or you just started watching wrestling during his second run, but you're probably just some 16 year old who thinks Austin Aries is the greatest wrestler ever.
>>
>>1387610
>shading A-Double for no reason

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>1384599
>sith lighting
Would mark.
>>
>>1387626

The fact that you're upset I "shaded" him proves my point.
>>
>>1387607

Bruno was never a draw on the level of those guys. He could pull houses in certain areas for sure, but he never had the kind of huge reach they did and couldn't consistently draw in every part of the WWWFs territory.
>>
>>1385526
>The John Cena meme has made him famous
kinda sad that their biggest/most profitable star is that because hes a joke.
>>
>>1383906
I have a friend that hates wrestling doesn't and pay much attention to MMA but he knows who Lesnar is
>>
>>1387685
I'm not upset, I'm baffled.

Also not the guy you were responding to.
>>
>>1387692
Bruno WAS the territory in his day and literally carried the company on his back for a decade.
>>
>>1387717

In NY and Pittsburgh. He was much less of a draw outside those areas, though still by far the best option they had.
>>
>>1387731
That would make him top draw.
>>
File: MQK9sfj.jpg (46KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
MQK9sfj.jpg
46KB, 325x325px
Brock is a draw but definitely not what he used to be. This suplex city thing and conquering the streak kinda fizzled out. And after hunt knocks him out theres only two things left for brock. Beating Jewberg and then jobbing to Reigns.
>>
>>1387791
no
>>
>>1387791

If Roman goes over Lesnar in the next year, I'll eat my hat.
>>
>>1387791
great, now I have a fucking olivia munn folder
>>
>>1387140
Who gives a fuck about the mainstream? Facebook, Twitter, that shit is mainstream and gayer than popping wood when a man fucks you in the ass
>>
>>1387630
Me 3
>>
File: aj.png (117KB, 518x303px) Image search: [Google]
aj.png
117KB, 518x303px
>>1383911
>>
>>1387883
It matters when you're debating relevance, dipshit

Mainstream as in the public eye

It's not surprising wrestling fans are a bunch of fucking retards
>>
>>1387546
>Cena

fucking lol

Never achieved anywhere near the celebrity status that Rousey or even McGregor has

The Rock's current celebrity also has nothing to do with the WWE

You poor fucks just have to accept that wrestling is viewed as a joke by most of the population and the only people still interested in it are hold outs from yesteryear and manchildren.
>>
>>1388837
>Being this wrong
>>
>>1388818
This is asp, we are wrestling fans, we don't give a fuck about normies
>>
>>1388837
You're underaged.

The rock was huge outside the wrestling world in the late 90s early 2000s.
>>
Clearly you don't know what a draw is if you think MMA doesn't count. Apparently millions of people buying the show you main event doesn't make you a draw because that's just the MMA community.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2200x1599px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2200x1599px
>>1384039
>His aurora is long gone.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.