[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd you react when you found out wrestling was fake as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

How'd you react when you found out wrestling was fake as a kid? How fake did you think it was?

>that kid who thought the tv was fake but the PPVs were real
>>
>>1383100
Parents told me when I first watched it, and I believed them. I had some common sense back then. I just watch it as a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>1383100
Wrestling isn't fake though.
>>
I don't remember thinking it was real at any point. I was about 10 during most of the Austin vs Rock stuff and I saw it as another show on tv.
>>
>>1383100
I knew it was fake pretty much from day 1, having a link to actual martial arts since a young age what with my uncle and grandpa having practiced Judo in their youth and my dad watching boxing and having watched wrestling in his teens and making sure I knew not to do something stupid. Didn't mind, shit was fun.
>>
>>1383100
I found out it was fake when Hogan joined nWo
>>
I've pretty much always known it was scripted
>>
>>1383100
I was 8 and asked my dad to buy the wrestlemania 5 ppv.
He told me no and I should stop watching it anyway because...
>>
>>1383100
When I was a kid Hogan getting burned by Slaughter traumatized me and I stopped watching until 98.
Honestly being finding out it was fake relieved me and gave me a greater appreciation for it since I always loved stuntmen, especially fake ones like Super Dave
>>
File: warrior-goo.jpg (35KB, 427x342px) Image search: [Google]
warrior-goo.jpg
35KB, 427x342px
Pic related freaked me out so much when I was a kid that my Mom told me it was fake to calm me down which made it even worse and I started screaming and crying and didn't watch again until the Attitude Era
>>
File: BigDaddyandGiantHaystacks.jpg (36KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
BigDaddyandGiantHaystacks.jpg
36KB, 400x587px
I was told right from the moment I started watching it that it was all scripted, because my mother used to be a wrestling fan as a kid, when wrestlers were all fat fucks in spandex.
I was probably about 5, and didn't really stop me enjoying it, because I never knew any different.
>>
I always knew it was fake. My parents reminded me such every time they caught me watching it when I was young.

I didn't see it as a big deal though. All the TV shows I watched were cartoon's or sit coms - clearly fake. My parents used to take me to musicals/plays/operas - also clearly fake.

I've always seen wrestling as a successor to theater or vaudeville - elaborate live performances that updates itself every week/month with new interesting updates. usually. Sometimes it just sucks.
>>
>>1383353
>wrestling fans still too retarded to know why it matters that it's fake
because it's presented and treated like a fictional combat sport with title belts and #1 contenders, not a movie or play
>>
DAMN !

I really dont care, i mean, i love this since i was kid and i really known that "its fake" so yeah whats the problem? i didnt like it if it would be "real" this words are ridiculous, if you can feel the passion, the electricity you dont care if its real or no.

This is about passion, my reaction was "yeah, i know it, what?" because i really understand that its impossible endure so many fights.

Actually i dont like MMA or boxing and i will never understand why people think that the best way to criticize is saying "isnt real"
>>
i stopped watching it altogether. Starting watching again as a 26 year old
>>
>>1383366
u wot m8?
>>
>>1383387
Too many big words huh?
Okay let me break it down for you. Pro wrestling is meant to be based on combat sports right? It's rooted in reality, right?
Now see, when you have this sport's world championship contested because of a storyline where the champion's long lost evil brother came back from the dead and fucked his wife and killed his dog, it's retarded. It's silly shit for kids. You are watching stuff for children.
>>
>>1383388
Bruh you don't know what vaudeville is. Vaudeville is exactly what you describe - stupid shit thats super melodramatic that makes almost no sense. You might see a midget play, followed by a burlesque show, followed by a scene from fucking hamlet only to be closed by a clown dancing. Shits all over the place.

Fuck Its the same as a soap opera to make you understand what I was saying better. Replace the romantic melodrama - well not all the time - and exchange it for a belt and its the same fucking show just with fighting along with really terrible acting.
>>
>>1383388
>wife fucking
>animal killing

You know: for the kids!
>>
>>1383100
>"Fake"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZKhEcoaHTs
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.