[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I rate wrestling based on how much normie fans like it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

File: 7e0zXkyY.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
7e0zXkyY.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
>I rate wrestling based on how much normie fans like it.

>That's why I rate the Attitude Era as the best ever. Nothing can ever compare.

>Sure, wrestlers these days are better in the ring in every way. But does Dustin Boykins in Wichita Falls pop for AJ Styles? No? Didn't think so.

>Wrestling is only ever as good as its pop culture approval.

>When will WWE learn that we don't care about the wrestling as long as it's a good soap opera? Excuse me, a soap opera for MEN.
>>
>wrestlers these days are better in the ring in every way

"no"
>>
Wrestling in the ring today is way worse. No risk at all allowed anymore. Makes for some boring ass matches.
>>
>I actually think that Stone Cold was just a brawler and only did strikes in his matches, and not one of the best workers of all time
>>
File: wweattitudelogo_crop_north.jpg (34KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
wweattitudelogo_crop_north.jpg
34KB, 630x420px
>>1345407

>pffft, wrestling in the ring?

>talk to me when men are jumping off cages. that's REAL wrestling.
>>
File: sexferguson.jpg (48KB, 583x631px) Image search: [Google]
sexferguson.jpg
48KB, 583x631px
>>1345397
>Sure, wrestlers these days are better in the ring in every way.

What kind of horseshit is this.
>>
>>1345416
everyone should do punch in the face finisher like roman

>all chair shots to back
>nothing close to head or neck drops
>nothing involving the head whatsoever
BE CAREFUL GUYS DON'T MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO HURT EACHOTHER ITS ONLY WRESTLING.

the pg era is brutal
>>
File: 1435647742506.jpg (260KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1435647742506.jpg
260KB, 900x948px
>I rate Stone Cold
>>
The Attitude Era was basically

>Let's throw stuff on the wall and see if it can stick

Luckily, most of the stuff they threw stick
>>
>>1345427
stuck
18+
>>
File: steve-austin-broken-skull-ipa.jpg (13KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
steve-austin-broken-skull-ipa.jpg
13KB, 328x328px
>>1345421

>I watch wrestling for the concussions. What the fuck are these "holds" and "locks". And don't get me started on them flippy shits.
>>
>Look at the puppies JR!
>>
File: you_0.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
you_0.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>I associate myself with wrestling at all
>>
>>1345397

This site is for people who are over the age of 18
>>
Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle were way better overall wrestlers both as technical wrestlers and overall gimmicks than the indie twats smarks like you cream yourselves over.
>>
>>1345454
This
>>
File: Objection1.jpg (2MB, 1386x1385px) Image search: [Google]
Objection1.jpg
2MB, 1386x1385px
Attitude Era was the best because they understood television was for the storylines and the PPVs were for the important blow off matches.

Now you can see "great matches" that last 30 minutes on RAW that literally mean nothing and lead nowhere.

Who cares about how many fucking wrestling moves a guy can do when I literally don't give a shit as to why they're doing it in the first place?
>>
File: 1092633-mankind_2__1_.jpg (64KB, 445x333px) Image search: [Google]
1092633-mankind_2__1_.jpg
64KB, 445x333px
>>1345454

>glasses

>rose tinted

We get it. Your coming of age took place during the pop culture (attitude) era. You were an outsider who liked wrestling. Suddenly wrestling was mainstream. It validated you.

You'd never felt so alive.

Time to come back to reality.

>>1345465

>doesnt WWE get it?! we dont WANT wrestling. we watch this for the STORIES
>>
>>1345474
>>doesnt WWE get it?! we dont WANT wrestling. we watch this for the STORIES

Mankind sucked as a wrestler doe and the man could barely move at the height of his popularity. He kept people entertained with his stunts though.

Stone Cold barely got in the fucking ring because of his spine/back problems and post accident was no longer a ring technician but didn't need to be.

What's your cuck point again?
>>
>>1345465

Except people vacated titles constantly just so they could help grow feuds. Fuck, how many titles were stripped from Stone Cold for no real apparent reason other than for him to fight Vince or said new champion?
>>
File: romanfan.jpg (24KB, 442x233px) Image search: [Google]
romanfan.jpg
24KB, 442x233px
>>1345441
i watch wrestling for roman rains strategic rest holds every 2 minutes
>>
>>1345484

>the attitude era was populated with formerly great workers who did the best they could.
>>
File: stone-cold-900x506.jpg (155KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
stone-cold-900x506.jpg
155KB, 900x506px
>>1345513
One of the biggest problems in wrestling is the babyface getting the main championship title, cause, well, that's the most important thing in wrestling, and you can't exactly end RAW or WWE with a final episode.

It's like in DBZ with those filler episodes when there aren't any big bad evil guys to fight.

You have to either shake it up (make the babyface a heel now) or reset it back to status quo (strip the championship from the face)

Having Austin stripped of the title is a big fuck you cause you hate Vince and want to see Austin get his title back because you know he earned it.

Has anyone else here taken a writing class?
>>
>>1345525
>Having Austin stripped of the title is a big fuck you cause you hate Vince and want to see Austin get his title back because you know he earned it.

It'll work exactly one time.
I can think of three times where this has happened. So to the person I was replying to was saying "There were blow offs to feuds.", and I am saying, well no, there fucking wasn't. The AE feuds were all the same or dropped until they all retired or left wrestling.
>>
>>1345530
Both WCW and WWE had trouble dropping hot angles during that time

Can you blame them?
>>
>>1345523
>posts a picture of four great workers

kek
>>
>>1345536
They were great workers
There is a difference between being a great worker and being a great wrestler though they aren't necessarily mutually inclusive/exclusive
>>
>he unironically uses normie
Kill yourself r9k autist
>>
>>1345517
nice meme
>>
>>1345397
>Dustin Boykins
>Someone who calls themselves "Boykins"
>normie
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.