[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To you oldfags out there, what was it like watching Scott Hall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Scott Hall WCW.jpg (26KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Scott Hall WCW.jpg
26KB, 642x361px
To you oldfags out there, what was it like watching Scott Hall come out on WCW for the first time?
>>
I can't answer that but it sucks that nothing like this can ever happen today. When was the last time a big return/debut wasn't known in advance? Jericho in the rumble awhile ago? Our fault though for being such smarks
>>
>>1337677
Was Shane's return leaked?
>>
>>1337677
No it's WWE's fault for not keeping tighter lips
>>
>>1337679
Nah, not even Meltz saw that one coming
>>
>>1337679
It was definitely a possibility, I don't think it was ever confirmed but people were guessing it. There's no way anyone knew about Scott Hall unless you read the sheets which was maybe 1% of WCWs viewers at the time
>>
>>1337674
Scott Hall never came out. His drug and alcohol problems are an external manifestation of his inner turmoil of his sexuali-

Oh. I misunderstood.

Never watched WCW much in the 1990s because it was only shown on something like Bravo in the UK and it looked tacky. Also, the arrival of Diesel and Razor Ramon into the WWF main events was the signal for me that the product had got shitty for the first time - they were so dull.

I only liked Vader and the Steiners in WCW.

/Really helpful post
>>
It was weird as fuck becuse he clearly was acting like razor and the announcers were like what the hell is he doing here!
So I thought the wwf was there to beat up the wcw guys
>>
>>
>>1337674
I wasn't watching wrestling on tv much until 1998 so I missed it. But seeing the old WWF roster on WCW was kinda cool. I swear that's only reason anybody tuned into Nitro on Monday Nights was to see their favorite childhood stars.
>>
YOU PEOPLE
>>
I was wondering what he was doing there
>>
File: RandyMarshJizz-480x360.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RandyMarshJizz-480x360.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>1337674
Kinda like this.
>>
>>1337677
>When was the last time a big return/debut wasn't known in advance?

When you stop reading dirtsheets and browsing message boards.
>>
28 y/o faggot here.

It was like a movie. It felt surreal.
He had on a jean vest, which made the connection to Razors vest. The accent, the oil in his hair, the toothpick....to my 3rd grade brain it was WWF invading WCW. When he used the southern accent for "dub ya see dub ya uh ha uhhhh" I was for sure, and convinced this was WWF wanting to takeover. Seeing Diesel in 2 weeks was even more surreal... 96-2000 Was, is, and forever will be the renaissance of professional wrestling.
I miss it.
>>
>>1337746
Cringiest attempt at being funny, nice one
>>
>hey yo

what did he mean by this?
>>
It was pretty unreal. I didn't watch it live, but a friend taped it on vhs and gave it to me the next day. He just said "watch this when u get home".
>>
>>1338245

>people tuning into wcw en masse for any reason other than nwo
>>
>>1337674
"who is this greasy manlet shitting up the main event? i can't wait for roman reigns to debut in sixteen so he can teach the smarks a thing or two!"
>>
I was 14 at the time. It was weird to see at first, and maybe a little confusing, but I never felt like an it was an invasion.

I knew nothing of how the business worked but for whatever reason I just thought I guess these guys work for WCW now. It was cool though. I was just barely holding on at that point to being a fan. I went to Wrestlemania 8 four years prior and that was the last time I was really into wrestling. Hall showing up in WCW kick started my interest.
>>
>>1338541
You're 35 my man?
>>
>>1338515
Which bit was I trying to be funny?
>>
>>1338541
You were 14 and you thought some of it was real? Wow, dude.
>>
>>1338764
Call him a mark
>>
>>1338793
I don't need to. He knows.
>>
>>1337674
Extremely underwhelming. Everyone knew it was a work. It was ludicrous to suggest it was not.
>>
>>1338764
That would have been a very common way to think at the time. Kayfabe was not completely dead back then.
>>
>>1343766
Just because you were one of 50 people who read the Observer doesn't mean everyone else knew it was a work
>>
>>1343776
I knew it was a work because I knew they would have simply had security throw him out if it was. You don't even have to be a smark to understand that.
>>
Has there ever been a more popular stable than the nWo?
>>
>>1343784
*wasn't.
>>
File: signs.gif (758KB, 330x173px) Image search: [Google]
signs.gif
758KB, 330x173px
>>1338493
>28 y/o faggot here.
>It was like a movie. It felt surreal.

All of this. It was very unique. Wrestling was still vague about if it was real or fake ( well, at least for my 8 year mind at the time ) so seeing one of my favorite wrestlers in another company was pretty weird / insane.

I don't know if another generation will experience anything similar to that, because we now know about what goes on behind the scenes. But back then...it was an unadulterated holy shit moment.
>>
File: Haitch.jpg (42KB, 598x336px) Image search: [Google]
Haitch.jpg
42KB, 598x336px
>>1343786
Yes uhh DX was bigger uhhh they invaded WCW in a tank uhh and won the war uhh
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.