[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We get hyped for the best thing this brand split will cause:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 5

File: WWE 2K17 Design 5_zpsof9rfnxh.jpg (317KB, 803x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WWE 2K17 Design 5_zpsof9rfnxh.jpg
317KB, 803x1024px
ITT: We get hyped for the best thing this brand split will cause: the return of GM Mode
>>
GM mode was for the kids with actual lives that didn't know EWR existed
>>
>>1331176
At least you could play the matches in GM Mode
>>
2k16 was at least a step up from 15

But I kind of want a better career mode too for my autistic purposes. And DELETE THE FUCKING BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWS WITH RENEE, THEY SUCK DICK
>>
>>1331168
It'll be just as buggy and lackluster as 2k15 and 16.
>>
>>1331250
2K16 is fucking fantastic. I don't know what you're on about.
>>
>>1331253
It was certainly better in basically every way than 15.

At least reversals now are not just fucking russian leg sweeps 24/7
>>
>>1331168
Hopefully, but autists who are good at headcanon can just do it on Universe mode anyway so they might not bother.

Also if they get a solid legends group this could arguably be the best roster of any wrestling game ever.
>>
I just want the PC version to not come out 6 months after the consoles. I'd even pony up extra for the DLC.
>>
>>1331168
Is that the cover for 2K17?
>>
>>1331274
>Gaming on PC
>Being a pathetic manchild
>>
>>1331315
>Watching professional wrestling
>Being a pathetic manchild
>>
What the fuck happened to this series I played and completed all objectives in the stone cold showcase played 10h of my career got bored of universe already in 2k15 since I played a shit out of it then and the game on its self isn't even that fun to play
These games used to be fun up until WWE'12
>>
>>1331168
Is no one going to acknowledge how fucked up Taker's ear looks in that picture?
>>
>>1331168
Had rather the return of a decent story mode like the ones between SvR 2005 up to 2008.
>>
>>1331500
HCTP's career mode was the most lit tho
>>
>Story mode
>GM Mode
>Triple threat tag team
They need all this
>>
>>1331168
I hope so, GM mode was great.
>>
They don't need to make a separate game mode just edit around the universe mode with the options and add ratings and all that shit gm mode needs but 2k are retards and don't actually care about the community
>>
Yukes are still developing the game.
They have been using this same engine for decades now. They are still developing for last gen too. Since PS4, Xbone are using PC architecture now, just freaking recode the rendering engine for fucks sake. Those fucking clipping and unrealistic animation issues can be solved with a physics engine. The graphics are super dated, especially if you're playing on PC.

I am right now playing alot of Universe Mode, it reminds me of GM mode from the old games, however there should be some sort of rating system. Like my booking affects the virtual fans opinion. The Sandbox shit gets boring.

Controls and gameplay= the best in a game so far.

>>1331344
Stagnation, this what happens to games that are released yearly, it's a console gaming trend. If they did what the PC gaming scene is doing, i.e make a base game and expand it every year. It would be way better. So you pay 60$ for now, and 19$ every year of an expansion.

This is the first game I'm playing since SvR2011. They have got rid of alot of creation modes (Finishers). They basically used to reuse stuff from HCTP, SVR 2006 till 2011. After 2011 they had to revamp the engine. Instead of recoding it, they "applied" over it. So it comes with a bit jazzy graphics but even more limitations than the older games. Because it's rendering bigger textures.
>>
>years later playing 2k27
>Sami Zayne on the cover
>Go to showcase mode.
>Start
>First cutscene Sami Zayne and Kevin Owens running towards each other and punching away.
>Objective 1: Damage kevin owens using only punches and win.
>Next event same shit.
>Goes on repeat till 100%.
>>
They need to add as many gimmick matches in the game as possible.
WarGames, strap, stretcher, etc. Any gimmick match would be more fun to play than to watch so it's such a missed opportunity when a WWE game drops with nothing but basic match types.
>>
>>1332071
>Next year
>Kevin Owens on the cover
>Go to showcase mode
>Literally the same story copy pasted from last year.
>They actually were pathetic enough to interchange the character models positions, to make it look different.
>KO's debut victory over Cena not mentioned.
>>
Fa.m, imagine this:
A story mode written by TellTale.
>>
It's been long since I've played the older games, what is the difference between story mode and showcase mode?
>>
>>1332115
The story modes contain stories written specifically for the game. Showcase mode is where you play through actual WWE stories that happened.
>>
>>1332084
No

TellTale is shit
>>
>>1332084
So everyone either benoits or Guerreros. Sounds... Fun.
>>
>>1332119
Isn't that Career mode now? I played little of it and there was some creepy rendition of Renee Young interviewing me.
>>
>>1332293
Story mode (Season mode) was basically you get put in a plot line, and you gotta deal with it.
Career mode is like that mode in SvR 2009 where you could get titles and shit, or Wrestling Mpire
>>
>>1332084
>Cena will remember this.
>nothing ever comes of it
Yeah no thanks
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (60KB, 1007x730px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
60KB, 1007x730px
Quick reminder that this came out and nobody noticed.
>>
>>1332084
TellTale have been shit since they finished TWDG Season 1. They're hacks that are just phoning it in for easy cash now. The passion is gone.
>>
>>1332414
maybe if they used steam instead of memE-license people might buy it
>>
>>1332414
Russo plays that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvv1hhI7d9s
>>
GM mode is nice but I just want the 4 NXT Women and Asuka in there this year. A roster that's not out of date before the game is even beginning development would be nice. Fucking ridiculous that Becky and co. weren't in last years game
>>
>>1332433
E-license is effective though, I'd kill for a crack for WMMA4 but it doesn't seem like it's coming any time soon.
It's so effective that I'd even pay for it if E-license wasn't a massive pain with multiple computers and keeping track of licenses and shit.
>>
>>1332436
that's the old one
>>
>>1331248
>And DELETE THE FUCKING BACKSTAGE INTERVIEWS WITH RENEE, THEY SUCK DICK

They are so fucking bad. I don't even understand how something so bad and shitty can appear in a game in 2016.

Career mode in general gets boring af quickly. All feuds follow the same path. Same cutscenes.All the authority stuff is very stupid and pointless. I like the idea of choosing to be face/heel and battling the authority but it needs alot of work, e.g., the objectives.
>>
>>1331344
My buddy just got 2k14 for PS3 and we've been having tons of fun playing it, both head to head and 30 Years of Wrestlemania modes. It's especially fun because neither of us really knew about 80's or early 90s WWE and it's fun as fuck to learn about the history as we're playing it in the game.
>>
>>1332007
Just playing that one but so far i have liked the SvR ones better.

>>1332012
Also needs to let women have harcore matches.
>>
>>1332798
women can have hardcore matches in 2k16
>>
>>1332414
I still prefer EWR desu.
>>
>>1332686
>get an objective of winning a match with green health in some body part
>get attacked before the match so it's automatically yellow
Artificial difficulty my man. Then again a lot of the authority objectives suck dick and are completely impossible to do.

And the Renee interviews are also horrible because you can see the animation switching from interview mode to looking at the camera and going THERE YOU HAVE IT BACK TO YOU COLE
>>
>SvR manager mode is babys first manager
>TEW is just for autists
Anything inbetween?
>>
>>1332892
>>1332414
People actually play this shit?
>>
>>1332905
EWR I guess?
>>
File: M'Donkey.jpg (17KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
M'Donkey.jpg
17KB, 353x334px
>>1332437
>Dean seeing through the facade. Interesting.
>>
>>1334120
that makes absolutely no sense in this context you mutt
>>
>>1333193
EWR?
>>
>>1334120
The fuck was that all about? That doesn't make sense?
>>
>>1334141
It's like TEW but better.
>>
>>1332897

With the awkward two second pause. I just press start and skip them now since its always the same questions.
>>
>>1332897
>a lot of the authority objectives suck dick and are completely impossible to do
Realistic game then
>>
I hope they improve the creation modes. Especially the create an arena mode and create a superstar mode. I enjoyed the create an arena mode in 2k16 but I felt like it was lacking and too simple. The create a superstar mode barely gives you anything to work with to make a cool looking superstar from scratch. Like would you wanna make a wrestler that wears another wrestler's attire or merch? I think it would be cool if you could make your own entrance music somehow, or at least be given plenty of generic themes. I'm not sure why they took out that feature where you can import whatever music you'd like.
>>
>>1334261
*why would you
>>
>>1334188
How?
>>
>tag team ladder match
>elimination chamber tag team match
>triple threat tag team match
>fatal 4 way tag team match
>triple threat elimination match
>fatal 4 way elimination match
>6 man elimination match
>6 man tag team elimination match with no dq
>3 stages of hell match/ambulance match
>asylum match because it's something new
>gauntlet match
>a full 60 minute iron man match
>models not ragdolling during elimination chamber
>better hit detection so when you click triangle for a finisher you don't miss and get stunlocked into the opponents finisher
>an option to remove commentary as a whole so you don't hear Cole and Lawler say the same shit over and over

But this is 2K we're talking about so of course the game will be shit.
>>
>>1331253

HCTP was the last good WWE game
>>
>>1334283
No idea what he's on about, EWR is the extremely old version of TEW that has almost none of the features and complexity. Some people like it more than TEW because they don't like the complexity involved in the newer games.
>>
>>1334480
>fatal 4 way tag team match

I think they've always had a problem with having more than 6 guys in one match, hence why you can't have managers in 6-man tags, why the countdown for rumble entrants gets halted if there's 6 guys in the ring, not continuing until someone gets eliminated. It's been that way since Just Bring It, if I'm not mistaken, and it's annoying that they haven't found a solution in all this time
>>
>>1334811
>why the countdown for rumble entrants gets halted if there's 6 guys
So many rumbles have had more than 6 guys in it
>>
>>1331168

All I want is a career mode that doesn't suck, with wrestler progression that is 100 MPH for the first 10 matches and exactly 0 for the rest of your playing career, that doesn't make Renee Young look like something from Resident Evil, and generally makes some goddamn sense.

No more running in on Finn Balor, a face, beating him up, going back and bragging to Renee about it, and somehow TURNING FACE from it.

Better angles, better interviews, and computer AI that doesn't insta-counter every fucking thing you do such that a human player might be able to get more than 1 move in a row in. And Finishers that actually FINISH scrubs like goddamn Tyler Breeze. He fucking kicked out of TWO Jackhammers into a pinning combo.

Goddamn bullshit.
>>
>>1332686

>Career mode in general gets boring af quickly. All feuds follow the same path. Same cutscenes.All the authority stuff is very stupid and pointless.

Most realistic game ever!

But you're right. It's not a career/story/campaign mode. It's a shitty ladder like 2K15, but with a few neat trimmings.

>>1332897

>Then again a lot of the authority objectives suck dick and are completely impossible to do.

Or are silly shit like "Counter Your Opponent's Signature." What if I don't WANT to be an Authority toady, but also possess a modicum of self preservation instinct?

>Put on a 5 star match and lose

No, fuck you Hunter, I'm not putting Roman over.

>THERE YOU HAVE IT BACK TO YOU COLE

I swear there were wrestling games from a decade ago with better interviews.

And speaking of commentators, I want a goddamn mute button just for them. They actually suck harder in the game than they do in real life. Let me hear the ring sounds, the wrestlers shouting and snarling, the crowd hairdryers, and such, but fucking gag Cole.
>>
>>1334261

I thought the Create-A-Dude was pretty good.

Granted, I just threw together something stocky and generic (I looked like a white Tazz), stuck a few stupid graphics on it (Sun on the right glove, moon on the left, probably could have meant something deep but I was just bored) and called it good.

Being able to use your own music for an entrance theme would be dandy, but with online sharing of shit like that there would probably be a Trademark War started.
>>
>career mode
>be the US champ this company needs
>defend for several PPVs, decide to drop it to based RuRu
>literally the moment after the match ends and Rusev is the new US champion
>Cena is the US champ again

That's retarded
>>
>>1334969
I think they got rid of all the graphics you could put on your tights. And they had a very limited selection of tights apart from the already existing tights of other wrestlers which I don't see why you would wanna wear in the first place. They didn't have many decent masks or designs either
>>
>>1334976

I think there were default champions things would revert to you if lost a belt.

Also, you're a fag and what is ruining these games. Career Mode need to be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT KAYFABE. You play a character who wants to win all of his matches (because why wouldn't someone want to do that) and get to pick his dialogue and actions. Basically it needs to be a BioWare action RPG with wrestling.
>>
the career mode in this game is fucking terrible. i'd rather the one year storyline that used to be in the games, or at least roam around backstage
>>
>>1334911
Which ones?
>>
>>1335813
>Career Mode need to be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT KAYFABE. You play a character who wants to win all of his matches

that's not realistic though. I'd like a full blown simulation where you HAVE to lose, and put people over, and can even get buried if you put on shitty matches. They had some good basic ideas but its bare bones.
>>
>>1336178
Literally all of them, I just watched 2004 and it had 7-8 guys in at once
>>
>>1335813
> Career Mode need to be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT KAYFABE. You play a character who wants to win all of his matches

Boring as fuck.
>>
>>1336206

>that's not realistic

You DO realize that wrestling itself is not realistic, right?

>I'd like a full blown simulation where you HAVE to lose, and put people over, and can even get buried if you put on shitty matches.

That would be incredibly fucking stupid, as you could just do all your moves until the match is 4+ stars, never go for a pin, and then just put the controller down and grab a sandwich while the AI beats you.

>>1337136

>Boring as fuck.

If you implement it badly, sure. IDEALLY (and this is probably outright impossible on the Madden Cash Schedule), it'd be pretty difficult to win EVERY match, while still not being frustratingly hard to win a good portion of them, and winning and losing certain matches would change the story line. As would your actions with regards to run ins and dialogue.
>>
>>1337109
Are you talking about actual Royal Rumble matches that happened in real life, or the Royal Rumbles in the games? Cause I meant the games have an issue having more than 6 guys on screen at once.
>>
I have the crack for TEW2016

Any interest?
>>
>>1334480
Also

> make royal rumble countdown a bit fucking longer
>>
>>1337398
Everyone can download it from wrestlach club, nigga
>>
WWE games AI are terrible and online is full of people exploiting things to win, there's no middle ground. I also think Universe mode is awful.
>>
>>1334969
>>1334261
Sony and Microsoft made a big deal about Custom music, hence it was removed. They want you to use their Music Streaming services. Sony has plans of blocking usage of MP3 files on it's device.

However, rumors are The PC version of 2K17 will have custom titanatron, native import images and MP3.
>>
>>1331168
Spolier alert: GM Mode won't happen and 2k will say "Sorry the brand split happened after we started development of the game" and we'll have to wait for another year. Don't act like this won't happen. 2k is so disappointing.
>>
>>1334499
Lol no
>>
>>1339985
Exactly this. They couldn't even put fucking Sasha, Becky, Charlotte and Bayley in the game despite them all being on the roster when development started
>>
>>1332722
You kinda sound like a 14 year old
>>
>>1334811
I don't understand how they didn't fix that yet. I mean I understand you can't have 8 guys in the ring at the same time in PS2, or even PS3, but now? C'mon it shouldn't be that fucking hard.
>>
>>1340046
It doesn't make any sense. That was literally retarded.
>>
>>1340046
>>
>>1340046
Since the history of these games they've always left out wrestlers that could have easily been in the game just to be incentives to buy the one after that.

It's dumb on so many levels.
>>
>>1340046
>>
>>1340551
Well they got me, it's one of the main reasons I'm getting 2k17. With the NXT 4, Asuka and Styles all in the game I shouldn't need to buy another for years.
>>
GOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBEEEEEEEEERG
>>
I guess I'm preordering...
>>
>>1338725

>Sony and Microsoft made a big deal about Custom music, hence it was removed.

Jesus buttfucking Christ. WWE should grow a pair of grapefruits and tell these vultures that if they want their easy money game released on their console, they're going to have to play ball.

>However, rumors are The PC version of 2K17

Wait. There's going to be a PC version? Who managed to talk Vince into that?

Too bad my PC is a junker from 2010 that can barely run Dragon Age II on the Low settings. And I'm a quasi-employed jackass.
>>
>>1340702

>With the NXT 4, Asuka and Styles all in the game I shouldn't need to buy another for years.

Until 2K18 comes out with GM and Create-a-Story modes.
>>
but i dont care about goldberg

why would you hype all that for a fucking preorder bonus
>>
>>1341439
They would literally tell 2K to fuck off with the WWE series lol.

You can put MP3 files on PS4 now so no worries.
>>
>>1341439
Since 2k15 they've been releasing it on PC. However they are straight up ports and if you have a console, play it on that. I have been playing the last two PC versions.

You can also play all the PS2 Smackdown and Raw games on PC using the PCSX emulator.
>>
>>1341439
>Wait. There's going to be a PC version?

There has been PC ports done by 2K Games for 2K15 & 2K16. The community has even started modding the game such as Diva Career Mode, Diva Battle Royal, Hulk Hogan imported from an older game, CM Punk imported from last years games.
>>
File: O240Sud.jpg (57KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
O240Sud.jpg
57KB, 640x510px
>>1340702
>>
>pre order trailer
>having a pre order trailer before anything about the game itself because they know you should expect the exact same game
>it's on 360 and ps3
Why do they do themselves a disservice?
>>
>>1344069

I did not know that. Though "PC Port" sounds like a slapdash effort to fart out a buggy PC version as opposed to making a proper PC version released along with the console versions.
>>
>>1344203
Because gamers are dumb sheep that will buy the faeces they are served either way
>>
I've got 2K16 for the PS3 and the PS4 and can someone answer me as to why there's such a lack of in-match options on the next-gen consoles? On the PS3 I could turn any type of match-up into an elimination match, I could turn on the "Iron Man" setting to a variety of times, I could fiddle with so much staff for each match type but on the PS4, I have none of that freedom, it sucks really.
>>
Fuck I wasted too much time with GM mode.
>>
>>1345134

I think it has to do with having to start from scratch on the new consoles due to different coding archetypes or some shit someone who isn't as computer illiterate as I am could explain better.

Basically, they can copy/paste a lot of stuff from the previous year's game if it's on the same console, allowing them to devote more time to making new shit. To make a game for a new console, they have to start from the ground up, and that takes a lot of time. Time they don't have because of this bullshit Madden Cash Cow release schedule.
>>
>>1345086
It is exactly that. I play the PC version only. The better graphics is great but depending on your luck, you're in for some shitty bug.

A.) Some get a save corrupt. Meaning they have to restart their game progress. Although there is a fix for this.

B.)Slow motion (Not lag, but literally matrix slow motion) if there are more than 4 people in the ring. Even though PC hardware is way ahead of a PS4; if you don't port properly i.e. make the game native, it will perform like shit. This game is clearly emulated without any optimization hence it is using double the power it needs to be using. Also not taking advantage of hair, skin features exclusive on PC platforms.

C.) Creating a wrestler is tedious, the textures are not pre-loaded. Hence switching between clothing takes a good 5-10 seconds. I remember the PS1 games being faster than this shit.

D.) Logos don't apply in the position you choose, the instead get applied automatically an inch lower.
>>
>>1345086
I brought the PC version for 8$.
>>
>>1345251
Match types would be "If and Else" statements. That's not a big deal.

Yukes the company behind making the WWE games. Have not updated the engine. It's the same engine from 2002 which was updated in 2004, 2007.

iD software, the guys who make Quake and Doom. Rewrote the engine from scratch between Quake 3 and Doom 3.

What Yukes is doing, is applying stuff over the engine.

They've rented the Havok physics engine for the ropes, chairs, tables, hair and breasts. Some of the physics can be seen when character falls and legs are leaning against the rope.

They have increased the texture size, in turn had to redo alot of the "custom" textures they made for Create a Wrestler. That's why the current CAW is so limited.

They have purposely removed alot of features (Create a finisher) so they can add it back in and sell when the series has gotten really stale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JV-5a0Mdw

WWE could create a visually better game for PC and Next gen consoles if they got someone like the above.
>>
It's been 3 generations and over 15 years, this shit is getting ridiculous, WHERE IN THE FUCK ARE 5 (five) ON 5 (five) SURVIVOR SERIES MATCHES

it's 2016 and we still don't have a proper adaption for WWE's oldest signature match.
>>
WWE2k17 PS4, XBONE won't get custom music, titanatron.

>Current Gen consoles do not have the Custom Music feature because of Microsoft and Sony themselves. They both removed the music saving and playing features of their previous generation of consoles. Sony plans on making people pay for Custom Music, and you can only use it from their streaming service. There is literally no good reason that could justify it, and so we are probably better left guessing. This feature will not return on Current Generation consoles. It cannot, and it is because of Sony and Microsoft. Not 2K. Not Yukes. Period.

PC version Custom Music is 50/50. Titanatron is also going to be a possibility. Next Gen consoles won't be able to handle custom titanatrons.

Last gen consoles will have custom music.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.