[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tommy Dreamer Says There Should Never Be Another Chair Headshot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1441388369487.jpg (55KB, 639x606px) Image search: [Google]
1441388369487.jpg
55KB, 639x606px
>Tommy Dreamer has long been known for his violent ECW run where he gave and received some of the most brutal chair shots in wrestling history. However, during a recentinterviewwith Live Audio Wrestling, Dreamer says there should never be chair shots to the head again.

>Withadvancementsin medicine and research, we know much more about concussions than when ECW ended in early 2001. Given the fact thatWWEstars such as Daniel Bryan,ChristianandCorey Graveshave had to retire, weapons shots to the head have been banned in the WWE. Dreamer seems to agree with that notion.

>"In ECW, it was 'hit me as hard as you can with a steel chair' and you did not put your hands up. In 2016, there should never be another chair shot to anyone's head at any level, because we know more about concussions and all that. I know I've had a lot of concussions," Dreamer explained. "I've broke my neck, broke my back, torn my biceps, torn my pec, I've never had a surgery. I think everyone is just different."

>The former ECW, WWE andTNAtalent elaborated by mentioning that his wife, the former Beulah, sustained a concussion three years ago that still affects her today.

>My wife of all people got clotheslined by Lance Storm in 2013 and suffered a concussion, and has a (sensitivity) to light. That's just one concussion. With Chris Nowinski and what he's doing with the concussion Institute, he's dating back to when you got your first concussion," Dreamer said.

>Dreamer said that his first concussion came at nine years old when he ran into a tree and was knocked out while playing frisbee. He was also thrown off of a horse at 11. Dreamer says the main side effect he's seen is that his handwriting regressed, but said that it could be attributed to old age.
>>
>>1309140
ty for wrestlezone copypasta
>>
>>1309141
Wat u mean,
>>
>>1309143
Are you stupid or a nigger too?
>>
>>1309140
>Fatty doesn't want people doing anything memorable while riding high off ECW creds, more at 11!

Geeze bro, Tommy, sheesh, c'mon guy, dry your tears on the millions of dollars you made from being the top babyface of the company already.
Oh, right
>>
>>1309140
He's right. I don't want these people to end up brain damaged for my entertainment.
>>
FUCK DREAMER
>>
>>1309212
Yeah, well fuck you too pussy
>>
>>1309140
>>1309212
>>1309232
can't they just find a balance, like football? make concussions not impossible, but not common either?

like, what if everyone got an allotment of 6 guarded chair shots a year? assuming your average guarded chair shot is not a concussion.

it'd have to be a closely guarded secret of course.
>>
>>1309240
No.

Concussion happen, injuries happen to wrestler and others sports players. Things like this always, always happen. This is the thrill of sports.
>>
>>1309245

>I watch sports to see people get injured
>>
>>1309232
Grow up and have sex
>>
>>1309248
Have sex with a grown up.
>>
>>1309250
That's no fun
>>
>>1309255
Ha
>>
>>1309240
>concussions in football
>not common
it happens more in football than it does in the wrasslin although it might have to do with football being real
>>
>>1309245
then they should just quit fucking people up, give them magician his hat back and fucking let them blade again.

we see people look fucked up, they get to stay OK.
>>
>>1309255
HELLO PED-O MOD
>>
>>1309262
but i mean they're actively trying to calm it down without removing the competitiveness in the game

frankly, both sides bitch, so it seems the NFL is doing a pretty good job.

people used to get alot more fucked up, football is like a war sport, people used to die out there.
>>
>>1309270
the worry about concussions is pretty dumb, concussions are not a serious injury who the fuck cares
>>
>>1309279
Yeah the brain damage that they can give you is no biggie
>>
>>1309294
Just buy another one.
>>
>>1309279
>>1309294
it's a cumulative effect thing, that's why im saying why not give wrestlers at a promotion a certain number of discretionary chair shots?

if you're a jobber let's say, and you're on the grandest scale yet, maybe that chair shot really is worth it.

if you offered me a years worth of promotions for 1 chair shot, i'd probably take it myself.
>>
>>1309331
> marks think this is how rasslin' pushes work
>>
>>1309333
no, it's not like a transaction or anything, but if it was a tool they had to do something special in limited quantities...
>>
>>1309279
This. accidents happen everyday

I rather worry to have my neck snap but if it's for the business then i'll do it for the goddamn business.
>>
It's more boring without headshots but it's ultimately for the best. I say just retire chairs in general from wrestling. It's so antiquated at this point and doesn't really add anything to an "extreme" match.
>>
>>1309729
You should probably watch other wrestling promotions that actually do stuff with chairs.
>>
>>1309735
>watching other wrestling promotions
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.