[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /asp/ feel about this guy? I genuinely like him and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
How does /asp/ feel about this guy?
I genuinely like him and feel like his voice is quite refreshing.
>>
He's an awesome commentator. Hopefully WWE hasn't ruined him completely yet.
>>
Is Smackdown still just recaps? I haven't bothered watching in ages.
>>
His voice doesn't sound like it's drilling into my brain, he actually calls moves

I'd say a solid 8/10
>>
>>1305754
>actually calls moves
>is enthusiastic
>provides historical facts

He's top-tier
tbqh, fuck people who say if he came to Raw he'd just be Cole-tier. He's clearly levels above Cole, if purely by the merit that he sounds captivated and doesn't botch his script every other show.
>>
Does he have any history relating to pro-wrestling?

If not, I commend him on taking the time to know the moves.
>>
>>1306278
I believe he was a commentator for njpw
>>
>>1306278
He used to call the NJPW weekly show on AXS before WWE swiped him. He really knows his stuff. He used to call MMA also iirc
>>
meh
>>1306303
This is pretty much the only reason WWE signed him: to get him away from doing NJPW's english commentary
>>
>>1306303
I think he still somtimes calls MMA, he's also commentated huge boxing matches and shit. The guy is just an overall professional. Professionalism, something that was missing from WWE commentary for quite some time
>>
>>1306358
if that's the case they need to hire back JR then lel
>>
>>1306278
Pretty sure he did the WWE aftershow with Rene for a bit on The Score in Canada.
>>
>>1306464
Over Vince's dead body, maybe once Haitch takes over he'll take Maggle's spot.
>>
>mauro names a move
>king is incredulous that it is named that
>byron says something boring
>mauro deflects to the next subject
>>
>>1306488
based mauro
>>
>>1305754
he's great
>>
Anyone have his fedora pic?
>>
>>1306367
This anon is so right.
>>
hes great but he needs to tone down his fake voice. there is no way his natural voice is like that. and it isnt because I used to listen to his podcasts.
>>
>>1305754
Hes a spic thats a good comentator.
>>
>>1305754

He was SHIT as a boxing commentator. Works well in the WWE tho
>>
>>1307032
>spic
He's Italian
>>
>>1307026

I think his voice works, because it sounds like a professional sportscasters voice. It's the kind of voice they teach broadcast journalists to use in journalism programs. He just sounds so professional, and helps create the impression that "this is a guy who knows what he's talking about" even though a guy like Lawler has decades of experience on him.
>>
everyone eventually tows the line and.becomes vinces mouth piece. everyone. its a matter of time before they reign him in
>>
>>1307096
This.

He may have been good elsewhere but his talents will dwindle with how they dumb him down with the shit they make him say

But I enjoy his voice overall he should be on Raw where people can actually hear him
>>
>>1305754
He sounds about 50 years older than he actually is.

Still their best play-by-play guy, though.
>>
>>1307026

That fake voice is part of the reason i love him so much.
>>
I hate his voice but at least he actually calls moves
>>
>>1306488
>"USHIGOROSHI BY STYLES"
>"What? The ookibakooki?"
>>
>>1305754
his voice makes me moist desu
>>
He's ass. His voice is painful to listen to and he's as vanilla as a straight man commentator can get. Corey Graves is only good commentator.
>>
>>1305759
SD is the superior show. Finally back on a decent night, on a decent channel, right length for a wrestling show, solid matches, no McMahons, and based Mauro.

Lawler's lost the zip on his fastball, but he's still better than that JBL-shaped cardboard cutout doing color on Raw. If Byron Saxton would hurry up and die in a fire, everything would be perfect.

How the fuck is that guy on both shows anyway. He literally gets more airtime than anyone in the professional wrestling business.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.