[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

asp, im currently learning judo to compliment my boxing, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

asp, im currently learning judo to compliment my boxing, but im having trouble pairing the two together in terms of footwork and technique transitions

anyone have any resources, videos, explanations on how to refine my skill better?
>>
Yes, do MMA instead so you'll understand how to coordinate both much better.
>>
>>1294865
Im a full time uni student who is incredibly poor, doing MMA is more of a goal when i have the finance and time to do it, I'm just looking for something to substitute it in the mean time
>>
judo is too reliant on sturdy clothing for offense
boxing is too reliant on big pillow gloves for defense

because of that neither one is really worth having more than a passive interest in learning
>>
>>1294810
Stop being stupid. You can figure it out yourself. Cheating off of other people's answers is the bitch's way to get a degree.
>>
Treat punches as kuzushi and a way to get a grab, improv footwork.
>>
>>1295021
this

What degree are you taking at uni?
>>
>>1294963
oh boy here we go
>>
>>1295104
people might try to argue that but it's objective truth, boxing blocks don't work well without gloves because a fist can slip through the gaps, plus kick defense which we don't need to even bother talking about.
and there aren't many throws in judo that can be done without a grip, and the few that do work with underhooks can be learned without formal judo instruction.
and actually they should be learned without formal judo instruction because its a more realistic base to throw from. In a judo match your opponent is going to have their feet squared most of the time which makes for you needing to learn how to hip in from a different angle when someone is in a staggered fighting stance
>>
>>1295026
This could be helpful. Overall, get a friend with the same two interests so you can practice together and try shit out.
>>
>>1295129
>there are very few judo throws that can be done without a grip

Except almost all of then

>and those that can be done with underhooks can be learned without formal judo instruction

Yeah I bet youre a nogi champ training in front of the bathroom mirror.
>>
Use boxing footwork and angles to get in an advantageous position to apply your judo, not much more complicated than that. When in doubt jab or switch it up. Remember to use your feints and footwork for leverage.
>>
File: 1462572686744.gif (1004KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1462572686744.gif
1004KB, 260x146px
>>1294810
>>1269133
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0coXvWiT1PQ

See how he uses a kick set up a punch?

Well, maybe, just maybe, you could possibly perhaps maybe use a punch to set up a throw.
>>
With solid conditioning, boxing and judo are a good touchstone for latter development.
If you stick with those styles and make them your base, you will more than likely find yourself developing more mid reach hand techniques (hooks, uppercuts, etc.). Maybe due to the comfort afforded you by delivering a technique with decent damage output leaves you at closer distance for engaging in grappling range. try to develop the habit of moving one step laterally (maybe while feinting/ jabbing), then coming in at a diagonal for the meat of your combo.This will develop in you habits that others take a year or two to even approach.
Likely, you will develop 2 or 3 judo throws that are your money techniques. Most judoka I've trained MMA with prefer variations of the waza and leg reaps. Karo Parysian's Kimura/hipthrow combo seems worth investigating due to it's possible applications against the cage (or a wall/fence in street scenarios). The potential for a legit submission, the control, and, or a throw into a dominant position, or any combination of seem like a winner to me.For self defense, I've seen judo applied outside of competition where clothing (for grip or variations of lapel chokes) and the hardness of concrete definitely work in your favor (or your lawyers come your trial date).
one solid boxing combination is enough to add a +5 to +10 bonus to your self defense skill. I'd advise mastering the lead hand jabs and hooks (variations where you double them up) along with lateral movement (ideally, away from your foe's powerhand)
Develop your boxing defenses..Most of your work will be done in close where fundementals tend to get sloppy and than get caught. I'd watch a shitload of Parisyan, Manny the Anvil Gamburyan, Rick Hewn, and Yoshida in the Pride days to give you some ideas. And study Kimura(the judoka and the techniqiue). Train consistently with 1/4 his intensity, and if your going to fight MMA even once add some bjj, muay thai, and wrestling basics).
>>
>>1294810
>>1301439
step to set up kick
kick to set up punch
punch to set up knee
knee to set up elbow
elbow to set up clinch
clinch to set up throw or takedown
throw to set up ground and pound
takedown to set up submission
>>
>>1294963
Don't listen to this retard OP because he has experience in neither.
>>
>>1295129

You have never trained in your fucking life, you autistic faggot.
>>
>>1305363
>You have never trained a day in your fucking life.
Is this /asp/'s new meme?
Whenever you can't even begin to try to logically disprove someone, you just say that the person doesn't train?
>>
>>1305387
>assertions made without evidence need to be logically proven

"no"
>>
>>1305387
Quite a few people on this board actually train in martial arts, if you want to roleplay and spout bullshit without getting called out for being a massive retard you should go shitpost somewhere else.
>>
>>1305387
Any one who actually trains knows youre an idiot talking about stuff knows nothing about. Now run along and fantasize about Jhon Cena or something
>>
>>1305387
If you want a logical argument against your claim, your notions of boxing and judo are logically untrue, because motion is logically impossible.

In order to get passed a boxers defense, you fist must get halfway past his defense, and so on, and so on, and infinitum. So you see, no matter how close you get to punching the boxer, you would still have to reach farther to actually punch him.
>>
>>1305387
Every single judo throw can be performed on someone even the flimsiest tee shirt by using either pocket grips or having actual grip strength to hold someone by the wrist or clinch behind their neck.

Is that "logically disproven" enough?
>>
>>1308433
this. if someone is wearing a hoodie or jacket it's ogre. though doing some wrestling too is still a good idea imo.
>>
>>1308828
>if someone is wearing a hoodie or jacket it's ogre.

1:42 - 1:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBAs5rWsaY
People don't super-glue their clothes to their bodies.
>>
>>1308828
>if someone is wearing a hoodie or jacket it's ogre
is wearing a hoodie or jack it's ogre
>a hoodie or jack it's ogre
>it's ogre
>ogre
>>
>>1294810
adress your judo and boxing guard. Are you right hand dominant or a southpaw?
>>
>>1307212
zeno was a fuckwit
>>
bump to save from page 10
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.