[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these guys so loved by the IWC? >Spot Fest >Shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: vanilla.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Why are these guys so loved by the IWC?

>Spot Fest
>Shitty looks (small and fat)
>Boring Mic Skills
>Dangerous moves that are only used to "wow the crowd" for a few seconds but nothing memorable

I can enjoy AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Eddie Guerrero, and Daniel Bryan had charisma and good wrestling skills and great mic skills. I watched wrestling for the larger than life characters that I saw back in 2001. If I wanted to see guys fight, I would turn to the UFC. When I want to see a storyline with huge superstars, I turn to wrestling
>>
>>1279758
>AJ Styles
>Seth Rollins
>Daniel Bryan
>great mic skills
Try not to give yourself away so quickly m8. None of the men you listed are or were larger than life in the slightest.
>>
>>1279770
Not saying they're larger than life but I can enjoy watching them. What happened to the WWE that they can't make wrestlers like Stone Cold, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, and John Cena anymore?
>>
>>1279775
Vince has no competition and doesn't have to try anymore. The talent is there but you're not allowed to be over unless he says so.
>>
>>1279770
AJ, Seth, and DB are not elite on the stick. But they can hold their own.

They're all better on the stick than everyone in the OP not named Owens.
>>
>>1279780
Bray and Enzo both came out of NXT too. Both are widely considered to be two of the best talkers in the company right now. They're not all black holes of charisma. I believe more people wouldn't be if they could have freedom on the mic and input on their characters.
>>
>>1279787
I didn't know Enzo until he debuted on RAW. As a casual that gets on the internet to check up on the WWE, he came in talking big, calling wrestlers "SAWFT" yet he gets injured on his first PPV. Kevin Owens doesn't come off as a threat to me. If I wanna see a fat, tough wrestler be a threat, I'd turn to Samoa Joe. I have always loved him since his run in TNA
>>
>>1279795
Enzo's whole thing has always been the scrappy big mouth that hides behind his tough friend. He talks a bunch of smack because he has a big guy to back him up. He's not supposed to be tough himself.

I do agree on Joe. He should be on the main roster no doubt about it. Hopefully he gets called up while he can still go.
>>
>>1279801
That sounds like a good gimmick. He definitely pulled it off with me. How is he as a singles competitor?

Samoa Joe is an amazing performer. He never needed mic skills with the character he uses. His use of that rear naked choke and aggresive in ring skills always leave me satisfied in his performance
>>
File: USA.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
Whole lotta bad opinions ya got there OP: but then again, that's kinda the point, isn't it?

>>1279795
> casual
> posting on /asp/

ERRORS

>>1279775
>What happened to the WWE that they can't make wrestlers like ... Kurt Angle,

READY
WILLING
GABLE
>>
>>1279815
Eh, he's not that great in the ring. Not awful but is better off talking. A lot like Miz really. Cass is the stronger in ring guy.

Samoa Joe should be in Reign's spot if Vince is so dead set on a Samoan being up there. He's better in every way except da look.
>>
>>1279818
I don't follow the WWE like I used to. I used to be a big fan and followed the IWC back in 2006-2010 back on caws.ws. I would follow backstage things and used to boo Cena. Now I appreciate BMJ. But I don't see the appeal in Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, and all the other IWC darlings. I enjoyed Roman Reigns back in 2014 when he was upper mid card. Now that he is main event, I still enjoy him but now that I'm back on the IWC, I'm annoyed of how everyone is ragging on him. He would do better if everyone accepted him and let him play his character
>>
>>1279820
I can deal with that. I can see him holding the IC title down the line or IC title if he improves in ring

I agree. Samoa Joe has it all except the look and family. If Joe was The Rock's cousin, we would have seen him on his second WWE title run by now
>>
>>1279826
He's working a pretty program with AJ right now. They had an incredible match at Payback. Both are looking strong so I'm excited for Extreme Rules. I think it's his best feud since he's been solo.
>>
>>1279826
The appeal in the NXT 5 is elite ringwork.

Zayn & Owens are two of the best characters in WWE now, as well.

>He would do better if everyone accepted him and let him play his character

The key to effective trolling is subtlety.
>>
>>1279834
Joe could've been umaga but that nigga refused or some shit.

Vince loves samoans
>>
>>1279838
>Zayn & Owens are two of the best characters in WWE now, as well.

Nice trolling bro
>>
>>1279845
Well, a rebuttal that eloquent has sure convinced me!
>>
>>1279848
Thanks, glad you see that light bb
>>
>>1279837
I have enjoyed his work with AJ. AJ was one of my favorite wrestlers back when he worked in TNA back in 2005. I was really happy to see him go against Roman last night in the 6 man tag match. I can't wait to see them at Extreme Rules.
>>
>>1279838
I just can't see Zayn and Owens main eventing a PPV. I honestly can say they wouldn't sell

Roman could pull off the next big star like John Cena if the IWC accepted him. Although, he does need to better his mic skills and ring skill a bit
>>
>>1279841
I don't think Joe wanted to be the next Umaga. He wants to be his own superstar. Joe is good enough to become champion if Vince would let him anytime soon
>>
>>1279837
>They had an incredible match at Payback.

lol that match was literally Styles vs. Broom. He's literally had better matches against guys pushing 50.

>>1279856
I'm sure Reigns could be the next big star if he was talented & over. But he isn't, so he's not.

> Zayn vs Owens wouldn't sell

Cornette pls go
>>
>>1279856
Zayn is utterly garbage. At least Owens has the fat smarks to support him, so he could probably be a maineventer.
>>
>>1279863
I guess you don't appreciate a decent storyline

>Cornette pls go
Cornette tries to appeal to a larger fanbase instead of just the fat neckbeards that I see troll on the internet. Sorry, but cucKOld doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>1279860
>don't think Joe wanted to be the next Umaga

What do you mean by next? He could've been the first umaga
>>
>>1279869
I don't see Owens being better than Zayn. I honestly like Zayn better than Owens
>>
>>1279876
Zayn is generic as fuck. Owens has the fat ass body so it looks more cool when he does moves
>>
>>1279873
I can see Joe being a small, powerful wrestler to fight at all costs. Owens is a fat, small wrestler and Joe plays a much better heel than him
>>
>>1279882
Any fat fuck can throw a moonsault or frog splash. That's what they're trained to do. Do a backflip to se;; a move and learn how to fall on your knees. Owens is nothing special. Just a fatass that takes high risks moves like Kalisto and Rollins
>>
>>1279872
> a decent storyline

top lel

Corny didn't even appeal to ROH. Fucker thought that Mike Fuckin' Mondo was the next big star.
>>
>>1279889
Exactly he's a fat fuck doing flippy shit, that's what makes him more exciting than generic zayn because we don't really see fat fucks doing moves like that
>>
>>1279890
Russo also made stupid assumptions. Not every booker is correct. It's what the fans like. So far, Roman gets a bigger pop than Owens
>>
>>1279896
Yet when Roman clears the ropes and dives onto other wrestlers, no one is impressed. Don't really care for Zayn or Owens. They really are IWC darlings. Anyone on /asp could be wrestlers like Owens and that's not a compliment.
>>
>>1279898
Roman doesn't get a bigger pop than Owens tho, and even if he did, shouldn't the ostensible top babyface get a bigger pop than a despicable upper-midcard heel by default?

>>1279900
>Anyone on /asp could be wrestlers like Owens

No they couldn't. Why don't you do it if it's so easy?
>>
>>1279900
>Yet when Roman clears the ropes and dives onto other wrestlers, no one is impressed

Duh they love kevin owens because they look like him
>>
>>1279900
Roman is not as fat as Owens
Roman just does a splash, even if it's a plancha. A moonsault is way more impressive and requires more coordination.
>>
>>1279902
I was at the live event for Texas a month ago and heard louder cheers for Roman than Owens. Although it was Smackdown, there were larger cheers for Roman than Owens

I wanted to be a wrestler and trained until I slipped a disc in my back. I'm 5'10 and weigh 180lbs. I could preform a shooting star press without trying but that's a high risk move for me and my opponent. A moonsault was easy as long as you aimed your knees right and didn't hit the other wrestler's ribs
>>
>>1279911
m8 literally nobody gives a fuck about your one personal anecdote
>>
>>1279911
BOW DOWN TO THE

BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF MANLETS
>>
>>1279911
Do you have matches onutube
>>
>>1279907
That's the depressing part. Every wrestler is taught to flip back and land. A moonsault is no different. Big Show pulled it off in WCW and no one praises him for that
>>
>>1279920
Probably because he never actually did it outside of the Power Plant?
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1280x960px
>>1279918
Pretty sure I'm in better shape than most people here
>>
>>1279919
No. I used to wrestle back in 2008 in a local promotion here in my hometown that syndicated at around 3am in a local channel. I doubt it's on YouTube. I used to wrestle as Black Tiger in honor of Eddie
>>
>>1279924
Is that "claudia" tattooed on your chest?
>>
How did this thread start off shit and become a manlet attention whoring?
>>
>>1279932
Yeah. Got it back in 2013.
>>
>>1279934
>getting a womans name tattooed on your chest

Unless it's your mother who you lost or whatever you do realize how stupid it is, right?
>>
>>1279936
My grandma died in 2014 and my grandpa died in 2012. Got my grandma's named tattooed on me and joined the army for my grandpa
>>
>>1279941
That's not that bad then. Still you could just get a symbol associated with her and not a name. If you ever manage to score a girl and she sees a womans name tattooed on your chest I doubt she'll buy the "it's my grandmas name" thingy
>>
>>1279943
It's came across before and they believe me. My grandma was close to me growing up so I was proud to have her tattooed on my chest
>>
>>1279941
Did you ever wrestle anybody of importance?
Although
Maybe you should start your own thread, and not get off topic
>>
>>1279758
KO and Charlotte are the only ones i care in there.
>>
>>1279953
Definitely not. It was a small promotion in Houston. I would have been lucky to have wrestled Booker T but I couldn't afford his school. I wrestled in a small lucha libre promotion. I take bumps from the right than the left like all the American promotions do
>>
>>1279775
There are people there that has the potential to be those but WWE bury anyone that dares to get over.

Just look at Sandow, Barret (He even confirmed that his bad news gimmick was removed for being to popular), Ryder and many others neutered by Vince.
>>
Finn Balor rules
>>
>>1279965
I will say this, if I hadn't slipped my disc, I think I could have made it to Booker T's promotion and maybe would have made it to the larger promotions
>>
>>1279966
I can agree with you on Sandow and Ryder but Barret not so much. He had many opportunities to go over and he did, but for a wrestler of his physic, it wasn't enough for Vince. I do feel Barret would have been main event level though.
>>
>>1279969
How long did you wrestle until you got injured.

What got you into wrestling and how do we know you aren't lying
>>
>>1279975
I admired Eddie Guererro when I was little. Being Mexican and seeing him beat Brock Lesnar was very inspiring to me. I wrestled from when I was 14 to 16 when I took a back drop wrong. I still went through the match but didn't want to wrestle until a year later. At that point, I couldn't roll and fall correctly. I gave it up. Although, I still can fall and take bumps. They taught me to amateur wrestle so I can still go at it
>>
>>1279984
I'll try to look for my old gear. It was all black with white stripes scratched on it
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>1279986
This is the area I used to wrestle around at. Like I said, it was just a small promotion from about 8 years ago. I'll do an AMA when I remember the name
>>
>>1279758
Charlotte and KO are based as fuck tbhfam
>>
>>1279856

You let me, or anyone who isn't a complete fucking moron like Vince or his writers, book Sami Zayn and KO and we could have them main eventing the Royal Rumble for the WWE Championship and make it a convincingly big deal.

You fucking scrubs need to realize that NOTHING overcomes bad booking, and that 95% of WWE's booking is objectively bad.
>>
>>1280111
You'll still keep watching WWE. Your Zayn and Owens will be mid card while Reigns is Main Event
>>
>>1280143
> record low ratings
>>
>>1279974
Well he finally struck Gold with the Bad News gimmick but WWE neutered it before it got bigger.

He still got screwed up by the King gimmick.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.