[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: underrated matches I'll start with the Angle vs Lesnar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
ITT: underrated matches

I'll start with the Angle vs Lesnar vs Big Show triple threat for the WWE Championship from Vengeance 2003.
>>
the tag match with team angle vs rey and some other guy from the same ppv is pretty good
>>
Lesnar vs Show's stretcher match was pretty great
>>
>>1273966
I liked this match too. Lesnar and Beeg's whole feud was pretty fun.
>>
File: GOAT.png (632KB, 947x520px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.png
632KB, 947x520px
Hornswoggle VS El Torito in a TLC match
>>
>>1274019
>>1274009
>>1274008
>>1273966
Honestly this whole PPV was fucking great, this era of Smackdown is WWE's greatest achievement.
>>
>>1274064
even Gowan vs Vince?
>>
>>1274099
That was the beginning of the end because Vince started getting heavily involved

notice how focus shifted from Smackdown 6 + brock, taker and show wrestling to McMahon family drama like Steph vs Vince
>>
>>1274028
It got 3 stars from meltzer
>>
>>1274028
I hope torito finds a new home in LU
>>
>>1274099
I forgot that match even happened, what a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>1274019
yeah, that sold me on big. IDK how much of it was Brock making him look great, but I was impressed with his work here
>>
>>1274064
Fuck Yes
>Lesnar's peak as a worker and a sadistic heel
>Vince, Heyman and even Angle as great asshole authority figures
>Stephanie as one of the best face authority figures
>The Smackdown six giving constant 5 star matches
>tons of great matches and storyline payoffs on TV
>every episode felt special, but still hyped up big events and ppvs
>that glorious, different aesthetic
>a diverse roster with totally different characters and different in ring styles
>Eddie's last and best years ;-;
>No PG limits
Lucha Underground kinda reminds me of brand split Smackdown.
>>
>>1274194
Agreed on all points. It's a fucking travesty what they've done with Lesnar, because he was, and probably still could be, so damn good.
>>
>>1274064
>watching old Smackdown PPVs
>hear how the crowd reacts to heels and heel tactics with loud boos
>tfw realize that the only people today who get that kind of heat are faces
>>
Every Chavo Guerrero match.
>>
File: image.png (758KB, 638x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
758KB, 638x490px
>>
>>1273966
Who won this one, again? Lesnar, I wanna say? I remember so much about how hyped I was for this match at the time, but can't remember the end.

Also, was this before Lesnar and Angle's killer Iron Man on Smackdown?
>>
>>1274300
Angle won via pinfall on Lesnar.

It was two months before it.
>>
>>1274307
Thank ya. I would probably give my favourite underated match to said Smackdown Ironman. It's not talked about a lot, probably because it wasn't on a PPV, but god was it something. If not that, Undertaker versus Jeff Hardy for the Undisputed Title on RAW, 2002, ladder match.
>>
>>1274293
>career highlights
>Ph.D. in thuganomics

I laughed
>>
Eddie vs Lesnar No Way Out 2004, easily my favorite match but I never see anyone talk about it.
>>
Raven/Jericho Halloween Havoc 97 or 98
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 720x540px
>>1274289
>
>>
Saturn vs Benoit Starrcade '97
>>
>>1274218
Yeah that flying knee at the rumble was amazing. Too bad he'd rather get paid for being a glorified weight-lifter than have good matches.
>>
>>1274429
Watched this for the first time today after I saw this post and can easily say it is a new favorite.
>>
Perfect and Savage vs. Flair and Razor at Survivor Series 92
>>
Undertaker vs Angle No Way Out 2006
>>
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero Halloween Havoc 1997
>>
>>1275349
One of my all time favourites, easily in my top 5. If you care even a little bit about ring psychology it's the best, everything Angle does has a purpose and the story is exceptional. Angle is easily outclassed in terms of reach and power at the beginning, so he cuts his legs from underneath and brings him down to his level eventually forcing him to retaliate with MMA moves. This showcased versatility and also made both competitors dominant and unique.

Every one raves about Bret and Diesel at SS 95 but this is literally a better version of that match.
>>
HBK/Mankind In Your House:Mind Games
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 443x332px
Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit vs Rhyno vs Tajiri summerslam 2003
I was relatively new to wrestling and this match was the first time I learnt that the main event isn't always the best match on the card
>>
Why doesn't WWE ever talk about Chris Benoit anymore/have him in any of their greatest matches/wrestlers of all time lists? I just got into wrestling and I'm going back through some of the old stuff on the Network and he's fucking awesome.
>>
>>1275452
Son, you have to be 18 or older to browse here.
>>
>>1275452
F
>>
>>1275452
wew lad
>>
>>1275500
>>1275463
>>1275461
Ok I just googled it I understand now.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.