[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>walks to the ring >smiles >gets in the ring >smiles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

>walks to the ring
>smiles
>gets in the ring
>smiles
>looks at his opponent
>smiles
>his opponent talks some shit
>smiles
>gets punched in the face
>smiles
>sells for a split-second
>then smiles
>does his comeback
>jumps into the corner
>"Wahoo!"
>smiles
>does an elbow
>smiles
>does a flip
>smiles
>does a powerbomb
>pins one of the social outcasts
>smiles

Okay I'm bored of him.
>>
>>1273660
3.5/10

Kys faggot. Apollo Crews is future WHC
>>
Apollo Crews will be US champion in a year and will elevate it to WWE WHC tier.
Soon after he will capture the WWE WHC itself and become the first black champ.
Screencap this, he will improve drastically in the next 6 months.
>>
File: M A N L E T.png (727KB, 719x716px) Image search: [Google]
M A N L E T.png
727KB, 719x716px
Wait a fucking minute
>>
>>1273665
but...he's already on superstars...
>>
>>1273685
there's no way this guy is over 6 foot... he looks like a midget on tv
>>
>>1273690
Finn Balor is about 5' 10" IRL so Apollo is probably about 5' 8"
>>
>>1273690
It was a pretty bad look when he did that backstage segment with the Social Outcasts and all four of them towered over him.
>>
You'd think that they would have learned by now that it doesn't work to bring up a guy whose only character trait or gimmick is "he's so athletic, look at him do a flip." That was the same exact thing they did with Neville; to this day, he has had zero character development, and he has been stagnant for the last year. The novelty and impressiveness of the athletic moves and flips wears off after a month or so. After that, the guy needs more to go on. This isn't to say that Crews won't pan out, but in order to do so, he needs to be used more than "le smiling black athlete."
>>
Negroes don't draw. Even athletic smiling ones.
>>
>>1273723
It's not so much their lack of character, rather the WWE's lack of interest in using them meaningfully.
If they did use Crews and Neville in some adept fashion, I'm sure they'd get over on what they're capable of.
>>
>>1273660
WE NEED TO LYNCH THIS NIGGER
>>
>>1273723

You can bring them up with a shallow character - but, yes, you have to then work quickly to develop an actual character for them.

Vince is horrible and so are his writers, so, yeah... It always turns out bad.

Even Zayn is getting subpar character development.
>>
>does gymnastics routine
>somebody gets in the way of it
>smiles
>>
>>1273665
kys carternig
>>
>>1273660

It's amazing really. He's been in developmental for what feels like at least a year, and he's actually regressed. No level of this company can do anything right.
>>
>>1273723

That's literally all Prince Puma is, and he's over as fuck. The WWE is the problem here.

Adrian Neville was giga-over until he went to the main roster, they changed his name for no good reason, and jobbed him out to everyone on the card.

>We had him lose to Sheamus in 15 seconds, I can't imagine why no one cares about him.

I'm a fucking idiot and if you'd let me book Neville he'd be top 5 most over guy in the company by Summerslam.
>>
>>1274558
Zayn at least is involved in an angle with Owens, a name that has a semblance of value. People can get invested in that a bit. Crews has been fucking around on smackdown and superstars, feuding with the Social Outcasts. Nobody fucking cares about the Social Outcasts, and thus nobody gives a shit about Crews' feud with them.
>>
>>1274669

Seriously... The most stereotypical neckbeard fantasy bookers aside ("Phil vs Danielson 60 minute iron man match at Mania, book it"), I legitimately feel like a good chunk of smarks could book the WWE significantly better than Vince.

Hell, even have better presentation, writing, commentary, marketing...
>>1274670

Yeah Zayn is lucky that KO has managed to get over since, you know, "he and KO hate each-other" is the only gimmick he has on the main roster.
>>
>>1274669
You can't necessarily gauge a wrestler by their overness with the Full Sail crowd. Adam Rose and Face Emma were over as fuck in NXT, and then died immediate deaths in front of main-roster crowds. I'm not comparing Neville to those two, but just saying that the Full Sail crowd would pop hard for pretty much anything.

But yeah, you can somewhat substitute character development by just putting the wrestler in angles that matter. Neville has had maybe one real feud since coming up to the main roster. He had a few random one-off matches to just showcase the Red Arrow, he was involved in that feud with Stardust that was more about Stephen Amell than Neville, and then Vince figured out that Neville is a small guy that takes every bump like he got hit with a shotgun blast, resulting in him essentially becoming enhancement talent for upper-midcard heels. They teased recycling the "I want you to become my mentee" feud with Miz that he did with both Bryan and Sandow, but then they just abruptly dropped it.
>>
He will shine since he will most likely be the next Shelton Benjamin/Kofi Kingston for ladder/mitb matchs.
>>
>>1273660
Psst, hey kid, he's gonna be Vince's new pet negro because he's a nice guy, with a nice build and a great smile & look.

He will take down Corbin, after he gets done with Dolph, then go after a heel US or IC champion later this year.
>>
>>1273685
>what is perspective
>>
File: tumblr_nag8t2T1RX1s77bfao1_1280.jpg (336KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nag8t2T1RX1s77bfao1_1280.jpg
336KB, 1280x960px
I just want him to do the Monster Express thing where he was just flexing and doing pushups in and his boys on the ropes would flex and do the pushups with him. It was funny as hell and I get why they don't do it since they're pushing him a as a face but the "Too Easy" catchphrase isn't as great as it was when he stopping in the middle of the match to do some pushups and flex.
>>
>>1274909
Didn't know about his history outside WWE, but that's actually an entertaining gimmick. WWE is really fucking him over as of now since he seems bland as white bread
>>
>>1273660
He is boring as shit and has no personality. His gimmick is literally athletic black guy.
>>
>>1274558

>even Zayn

what is the appeal here? he doesn't even do flippy shit or have any decent high spots to distract us from the fact that he's boring. ska hasn't been popular since the 90s and even then it would've been shit to make it part of your persona.
>>
>>1274669
Puma had a real backstory as a descendant of one of The Aztec tribes and was made to be the silent, grounded protagonist of LU while more over the top characters were introduced.

Then Fenix slowly overtook him as top face, Mil Muertes killed his mentor and took his title, leading to him joining the ultimate tecnico team and finally spoke in a 10/10 segment

Hes more than just a smiley flip man despite being the least crazy person in LU kayfabe
>>
File: apollo nation.png (227KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
apollo nation.png
227KB, 600x500px
>>
>>1273660
This was his act in Japan but unfortunately for him we've got enough black people over here that it isn't special.
>>
>>1274913
Remember Big E Langston's time before New Day and after being with Ziggler and AJ? He was used horribly. He should be an upper-mid card or lower-end main event guy. He's good in the ring, and good on the mic. He even had a gimmick that could have worked as a heel, or a face (based on his time in NXT), in the 5 count thing. Nope, just make him a generic strong black guy, but keep the "3 ain't enough" music.

On an unrelated note, would be great to see New Day get into a feud with a couple heel teams at the same time, and need help to win. Maybe recruit a couple new members, because 3 ain't enough, they need 5.
>>
>>1274966
Obviously I gotta mention enzo and cass now that you float that idea
>>
>>1274966

Remember when Big E was known as Choc Lesnar? Remember when he had potential (so we thought) to become a top power guy in the ring?
>>
>>1274966
> more New Day members

Bo Dallas or American Alpha pls

>>1274977
> implying Big E hasn't realised that potential and then some

The booking has failed him.
>>
Shelton Benjamin > Kofi Kingston > Apollo Boring Crews.
>>
Lashley > Booker > every other black guy
>>
>>1273685
I usually judge height by comparing their shoulders to the top rope. If they are on par, the guy is around 173-180. Been trying to pin point apollo but I can't really get a good angle on him during his matches. But yeah he is no taller than 180 that I am sure of.
>>
>>1273660
So he is a monster face?
>>
File: White man.jpg (621KB, 2100x2803px) Image search: [Google]
White man.jpg
621KB, 2100x2803px
>>1273681
>first black champ
Sjw fucktard detected
>>
>>1273681
That would be nice, but that will never happen
>>
Dwayne Johnson may be black, but the Rock is Samoan, which is a special wrestling-only race
>>
>>1275359
> Shelton Botchamin

nice mame
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.