[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people really think that his was a 5 star match? Their 2013

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: MitB 2011.jpg (107KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
MitB 2011.jpg
107KB, 686x384px
Do people really think that his was a 5 star match? Their 2013 Raw match was better than this.
>>
>>1272040
>cm punk sliding off the attitude adjustment and falling on the fucking mat
Bravo Phil
>>
>>1272040
If you watched it when it first happened and assumed Cena would bury Punk, then you'd think it was 5 stars

Doesn't age well though, extremely botchy match
>>
>>1272043
Could you please refrain from insulting the best wrestler in the world? Thanks.
>>
>>1272040
Overrated meme match.
>>
>>1272060
I didn't insult him
>>
>>1272060
stop posting phil
>>
File: mitb11.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mitb11.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>1272040
It deserves all the praise it gets, objectively 5 stars.
3rd best WWE match after Bret/Austin and Taker/HBK.
>>
>>1272044
Fun fact Cena didn't botch ononce it was all cm punk botching all over the place aka every cuck man match ever
>>
The crowd and the ending made it a 5-star match
>>
>>1272123
He botched the first GTS
>>
>>1272040
Crowd made the match better than it actually was.
>>
It was good because WWE actually did a nice build with a payoff for once. The match is a part of the whole.
>>
>>1272133
>>1272127
>other people liking the match made it better
>>
>>1272127
>>1272133
>crowd makes match better

That pretty much tells me it was a poor match.
>>
>>1272140
This, Punk was leaving and had cut that sick promo, I think there was a stipulation that Cena was fired if he didnt win, then you get to the match itself and its IN punks hometown and the crowd is ridiculous. Really had the feeling that the match was for a lot more than just the title.
>>
>>1272142
Not quite. Everyone thought Punk was leaving and was gonna job Cena. The pops and heat that Punk and Cena got respectively were massive, attitude Era like. The fact that Vince actually allowed Punk to go over and escape through the crowd was totally unexpected, it would be like if they let Dean Ambrose win the title surprising
>>
>>1272155
So what you're saying is that its only a good match if you watched it at the time? Also the heat for Cena wasn't even that bad, he got pops multiple times throughout the match
>>
>>1272162
No, it was a good match regardless. The build and payoff in Punk's hometown made it a great match
>>
>>1272168
I just watched it last night for the first time and I wouldn't give it more than 4 stars desu
>>
It doesn't matter what people think, it's about what Dave Meltzer thought. And he gave the match 5 stars, so it's a 5 star match.
>>
>>1272040
DAVE MELTZER
>>
>>1272120

I'd put Savage Vs. Steamboat at Mania III ahead of it as well.
>>
Let me start this by saying Im a Chicago guy and a Punk guy and I totally agree.
This match gets praise because like others in this post have said, the crowd was atomic, the storyline was great and even the commentators did a great job calling the match.
However Phil does botch a few times and his constant looking at Colt and his "mom" is distracting.
The spots are good, John is great like he always is, McMahon coming out and you think he's going to ruin everything, and Punk blowing the kiss and leaving throgh the crowd It's all good but it's not a 5 star match. TL;DR Zayn Nakamura was better
>>
Everyone who isn't memetzer knows its 3 1/2 at best
>>
File: Punk Botch.png (285KB, 494x282px) Image search: [Google]
Punk Botch.png
285KB, 494x282px
What do you think was going through Punk's head in this moment?
>>
>>1272040
Mostly great performance from two of the best workers of that time, and the Chicago crowd hyping it up made it feel like a 5-Star match.
>>
>>1272219
It's funny thinking about how big headed Punk and his fans are when you consider that he could literally NEVER do this spot correctly but then you got a guys like Cesaro that can land on his feet like a fucking cat and just SHIT all over Punk in terms of actual agility. Fuck anyone that says Punk is a Top 10 wrestler. Top 10 talker maybe, but when you're outclassed by perennial midcarders, you know there's a problem
>>
>>1272219
>Just like Michaels!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.