[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to become as great as The Rock on the mic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1445536556626.jpg (42KB, 560x350px) Image search: [Google]
1445536556626.jpg
42KB, 560x350px
Is it even possible to become as great as The Rock on the mic?
If you were a wrestler, what should you do to improve your mic skills, to come at least close to that level of greatness.
>>
>>1267766
Snort lots and lots of coke and have creative freedom
>>
File: John Cena.png (180KB, 257x400px) Image search: [Google]
John Cena.png
180KB, 257x400px
Write the promo on your hand
>>
>>1267766
The rock had creative freedom, a hot crowd every night and his opponents were all over too so there was great rivalry to drive each other to the limit.

Seeing him in the ring now though just makes me sad as hes still trying a schtik from over 10 years ago
>>
>>1267766
Have to be a good speaker and have natural charisma. Most normal people just don't have either of these things.
>>
>>1269738
Austin pretty much said guys back in the Attitude era had a lot of freedom on the mic. Today writers basically script out everything for the wrestlers. This handicaps guys today, because their natural charisma is hard to show, when reading what someone else writes for you.
>>
>>1267766
have a team full of writers or a personal writer like the dwayne does..
>>
>>1267766
It takes quick thinking, the ability to read a crowd, presence, delivery and confidence

some combination of stand up, theater and doing street interviews would probably give an adequate practice environment however its meaningless without natural charisma most people either have it or they dont
>>
>>1267766
Sure, have a lot of charisma and a dozen catchphrases. I found his promos in the latter part of his main run with the company boring. Every week it was just the same ten catchphrases and that was the promo.

You could also argue that Dusty was more charismatic.
>>
repeat the same 5 tired catchphrases over and over
>>
I always thought Stone cold was better at cutting a serious promo and Rock was better at comedy desu
>>
the rock is pretty overrated on the mic. after awhile it was just the same promo every time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.