[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you grew out of your "I'm edgy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

File: MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzNzAzNzI4NjUy.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
How old were you when you grew out of your "I'm edgy, I hate John Cena" phase? For me, 17. Once you realize he's the only legitimate "big star" in wrestling today, the only mainstream name that people outside of wrestling are aware of, you come to appreciate him so much more. I can't wait until he comes back so I can stop pretending to like these boring generic indy NXT wrestlers just because they do flips in the ring
>>
>>1261062
I started appreciating him around the time he started the U.S. Title Open Challenge. Those were some of the best Raw matches in a long time and reminded me that Jhon could still put on amazing matches while evolving his offense. Truly one of the GOAT and May 30 will be the hypest Raw imaginable.
>>
Smarks blame the top guy for all the ills of a promotion, because they are the most visible person. It's a standard cognitive fallacy. Once they are no longer the top guy, the cognitive distortion is removed and people judge the wrestler on their true merits.
>>
Never hated him, realize he is loved by kids, just very bored by him. He has been working the same dull match and gimmick for fifteen years, with only a few exceptions. It's like watching Hogan matches endlessly, like who the fuck cares?
>>
I never hated the guy. Just didn't care for him. His promos got boring, and his matches aren't that special even when he "steps it up." The 5 star Meltzer gave to Punk v Cena is easily the least deserved 5 star of all the ones Meltzer gave.
>>
I started to like him when he admitted to fucking fat ass sluts on Stern. He's a true wrestling fan.
>>
>>1261062

19-20 when he broke from the pack around 2005-2006. What did it was seeing him mature into a wrestler who can turn (i.e. work) a dumb smark crowd from booing to jumping up and down cheering like bitches whenever he won. 'Big Match John' ain't a joke.

I'd only put him behind Danielson for their generation. Cena's had bigger/better matches/career, but Bryan's hieghts were more impressive as he was handicapped at every turn. That and Bryan had better fire.
>>
>>1261062
>Once you realize he's the only legitimate "big star" in wrestling today, the only mainstream name that people outside of wrestling are aware of, you come to appreciate him so much more.
Only because he's a literal meme now, and other than Brock they have pretty much driven away the rest of their stars. Anyway more people are genuinely interested in Brock than Cena.

The rest of the big stars they had (and could still have kept to this day) quit and/or moved on to better things. Batista, Punk, Bryan and Rock all very well could have still been carrying the WWE as top stars to this day but Rock and Batista are busy filming movies and Punk hates wrestling and Bryan is kill.

Also when you only focus all your creative efforts on a single guy like they did with Cena you better bet he's a star
>>
I was to old to go through an edgy Cena hating phase when Cena got pushed as face of the company.
I've always liked his work.
>>
File: 1441706368403.png (258KB, 350x527px) Image search: [Google]
1441706368403.png
258KB, 350x527px
>>1261132
> Danielson
>>
I don't hate him as much as I did when I was in my early 20's, but I never quite got over the 'cenawinslol' thing.
I suspect I will go through the same thing for roman, but for now I hate roman
>>
>>1261062
I never hated John Cena. I originally stopped watching WWE when he was Doctor Thuganomic and then I returned to watching WWE around the time the Shield debuted
>>
I never hated Cena. I started watching wrestling around Wrestlemania 22, and I thought his mobster entrance was fucking awesome. I went from being one of the kids that Cena was being pushed for to being a teenager who didn't watch wrestling as much, but still liked Cena's matches when I saw them, to being the 21-year-old man I am today who appreciates Cena for having the most hustle of anybody in the WWE today (the only one who could possibly challenge that title is Truth, who I'm also a fan of).
>>
>>1261840

When Seth got injured, he had worked around 170 matches in 2015, and was on pace to work over 200. Cena, the second most prolific worker in the company, was just shot of 130.
>>
>>1261072
Oh god those matches were based.
>>
>>1261870
Hustle =/= matches

Cena had worked the second-highest amount of matches in the company, but historically is also the most involved in charity work (for which he does not boast), got himself over with his hip hop music, made the only good Marine movie, and is all over the media.
>>
>>1261062
Cena was never hated, just his booking. Smarks were desperate for him to turn heel so that they could admit they like him.
>>
it's very smark/reddit to like cena
>>
> when did OP grow out of his "making shit threads" phase?

...not fucking now.

The only reason people outside of wrestling know who Cena is comes from a meme last year.
>>
>>1261913
>Last year
The radio prank that soundbite comes from has been popular on the internet for at least two or three years now.
>>
>2003: Started watching WWE and saw Cena vs Eddie in that parking lot brawl
>2004-2006: Big Cena mark and really enjoyed his move to Raw
>2007: Start getting bored of Cena but still a big fan
>2008-2012: Get into the IWC and start hating Cena after seeing him bury every wrestler
>2012-2013: Stop watching wrestling
>2014-2015: Back into wrestling and start enjoying Cena matches again
>2015-Now: Fuck all the IWC.

It's fun to know what goes on backstage sometimes and hear rumors but I'm not gonna let the IWC tell me who sucks and who doesn't. I enjoy watching Styles, Rollins, Del Rio, Bryan, and Kalisto put on great matches. I love watching Reigns, Cena, Triple H, Rusev, and Ryback put on powerhouse shows. I don't like Owens, Zayn, Sheamus, Corbin or New Day because they just bore me. I'm sure some people like those that I don't like and that's fine. But I'm not letting the IWC influence who I like anymore
>>
>>1261893

Seth is known for working out every day, did shitloads of publicity appearances for the company, and was known for being the first guy to arrive at the arena and the last to leave. Seth has hustle.

I like both Seth and Cena, for what it's worth. Cena has been a reliable workhorse for the company, and its a big part of why he's been pushed the way he has. But he's not getting younger, and will have to slow his pace a little if he wants to extend his career for another decade to reach Based Taker level of longevity.

Seth is the man stepping up to be the workhorse Cena can't be anymore. It's a big reason why Seth got the WWEWHC push, and its a big reason why he'll be at or near the top of the card for years to come. He just works harder than everyone else on the roster.
>>
Once HBK endorsed him I was cool with him
>>
I never started it.

I actually stopped watching before he turned face.

So years later when I found out he was WWE's lead guy I was baffled how Thuganomics made it.
>>
>>1261085

This. I still hate him in a way but I respect him and look forward to his return.
>>
File: shocked-undertaker-guy-24w-1.jpg (9KB, 280x170px) Image search: [Google]
shocked-undertaker-guy-24w-1.jpg
9KB, 280x170px
>>1261931

>reasonable people

>on 4chan

mfw
>>
>>1261931
>I love watching Reigns ... put on powerhouse shows.

When the fuck was this?

Rusev has been an IWC darling for a while now, too. Update your memes.
>>
Sounds like you've all got Stockholm syndrome, this faggot is why I stopped watching wrestling in the first place
>>
>>1262038
Yeah, don't get it twisted I like Seth too. And I agree with you that as Cena starts winding down Seth will probably continue to work harder.

Also I'm excited for Kelly & The Truth.
>>
File: Edge2Xcited.gif (1MB, 336x167px) Image search: [Google]
Edge2Xcited.gif
1MB, 336x167px
>>1262050
Attitude Era babby.
>>
>>1261062
I still hate him. Always will. He's a mistake.
>>
When I was 15 and realized he was much better than orton.
>>
>>1261062

He was over when he won the US title and had a parking lot brawl with Eddie Guerrero. That era of Cena looked like the next big thing. But then they ruined him and he's been bad ever since. He's only a recognizable mainstream name because they relentlessly pushed him for 9 years.
>>
>>1262447
> better than Orton

Not exactly a high bar...
>>
>marking for cena
kys autistic trailer trash
>>
>>1261062
The wwe has no one to blame but themselves for Cena being the only "big star" in the company since they relentlessly booked him to bury the entire roster time and time again.
>>
>>1261062
>How old were you when you grew out of your "I'm edgy, I hate John Cena" phase?

i never really had that phase but i really miss his rapper gimmick

my bro on the other hand didn't like him mainly because of his rapper gimmick and he felt his marine gimmick was disrespectful
>>
>>1261062
I never hated him. I have just found him very boring for most of his career.
>>
>>1261840
>didn't watch wrestling as much, but still liked Cena's matches when I saw them

i didn't watch wrestling much after WM21 because i moved out of town and was never able to really catch but i would've occasionally watched matches whenever a friend ordered a PPV

i always found it funny when people go "CENA WINS LOL" and every match i saw with him was him losing to the miz, CM punk, del rio and the rock
>>
>>1262046
So has Rollins, Styles, and Bryan and I still love watching them. My favorite wrestler right now is Rollins. Wasn't that into him until I saw his triple threat match at the Rumble 2015
>>
>>1261062
I stopped watching wrestling when he came into what I think was his obnoxious peak; not because of him, because of the terrible Raws, if anything, but I did nonetheless.
Picked it back up in 2010/11 and haven't really understood the hate. He's clearly a great worker, even if he is sloppy in some aspects that should really be beneath him, considering his Main Event caliber – shoddy basics, but very apt at the advanced stuff is a great way to describe him.
He blows just about any other active member of the roster out in-terms of speaking.
Granted, this may be because, as I said, I missed a lot of his winninglol run. But I just don't see the point in hating on the guy because of who they book him to beat. Is he putting in solid performances when it counts, doing his part on the mic, and constantly engaging the crowds in some shape or form? Yes. So I never saw fit to hate on him.
>>
I'd be lying if I said I hate John Cena. I have slight disdain toward him. Not as a person, obviously. As a person, Cena's one of the best. As a character, absolutely not.

That being said I do look forward to seeing him return, because why the fuck not. Let's see how much the fucker has left in him.
>>
The majority of Cena's hate should be directed at creative
>>
Anyone who hates Cena needs to watch Five Questions with the Champ
>>
>>1270370
Mandatory reminder that Cena is the one who lobbied for the SummerSlam 2010 finish that killed Nexus.
>>
>>1270375
I said Majority, and he has stated that was a mistake
>>
>>1270382
Everybody was telling him it was a mistake before it even happened.

Cena is the one who chooses to give passive-aggressive burials every time he cuts a promo.

FINE SPEECH
>>
The only reason you fags dont hate him anymore is because he has not been around for a while and you forgot how annoying is to even have him on the screen.
>>
>>1270426
Please have sex
>>
I watched Total Divas and found out John and I believe all the same things.
My name is John.
My new theory is that all Johns are the embodiment of justice on a quest to defeat all the Muhammads. Innocent people got caught in the crossfire because I am not strong enough.
Hustle. Loyalty. Respect. Word Life.
These are basic thuganomics.
I am going to save the world. You can cheer for me or boo me.
>>
He was a great heel, however the Ruthless Aggression Era was one of the greatest periods and allowed him to be that. His Face turn etc. made him one of the wrestlers you love to hate. In turn that made stuff like Kevin Owens debut great. Or brocks return even better.

Cena puts on pretty good matches, he gets the crowd against him. The crowd is literally into his match, whether they want to see him win or loose. Had some decently entertaining feuds (with the rock). He is very charismatic unlike Reigns.

There is simply one thing that I respect about Cena alot, he actually BOTHERED to increase his moveset from 5.

I'd really like to see what overrated shit like Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder brought to the table?
>>
>>1270504
>I'd really like to see what overrated shit like Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder brought to the table?

Actually being capable of getting over as babyfaces?
>>
File: 1456347007274.jpg (166KB, 782x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456347007274.jpg
166KB, 782x960px
>>1261062
I used to hate John Cena, then Roman Reigns became the babyface. Now I miss Cena.
>>
Don't hate him. Just don't give a shit about him.
>>
CM Punk vs Y2J at WM 28 bored me to tears.

Rock vs Cena entertained me.

That is when I stopped being a proto-smark and started respecting Cena - and, in general,started viewing every worker as objectively as I could, keeping in mind theit various strenghts and flaws.

I was 18 at the time and I started watching while I was 17; My first PPV was NoC 2011.
>>
>>1261062

TFW i was a 15 teen when he was a rap guy and i thought it was cool. TFW i created Cena.
>>
>>1261062

Main debate where were you when Cena and Seth returned at the same time.
>>
Cena's only hated by people who thinks all you need are wrestling skills to be a wrestler.
>>
>>1261138
He's a meme because people know him not the other way around. Brock is a slab of meat tied to a large spatuala.
>>
>>1261828
No, Cena was talented and booked like Roman. Roman is untalented and booked like Roman. Also as bad as the AA is at least it's not a normal football tackle.

I hate seeing a very average spear being used as a finisher (one that is uber protected at that)
>>
>>1261833
Same thing happened to me. As such I kind of love Cena. He's everything they're pretending Reigns is.
>>
>>1261913
Lol no. I'll admit Cena isn't The Rock amounts of crossover famous but people everywhere have known who he was for the better part of a decade.
>>
>>1261931
Sounds like you're just letting the IWC decide by doing the opposite now.
>>
>>1270411
Please, retorting to a promo is not a burial.
>>
>>1270504
Ziggler is a good wrestler.
>>
Once he toned down the wigger schtick a bit I found him much more tolerable.
>>
>>1270508

I'm sorry, anon. I too wanted to see how whoever xi is would resply.
>>
>>1261913

No shit, Sherlock. Memes are the modern day commercial. You can tell when WWE is going for a meme. Like Vince shouting Happy New Year over and over. They so fucking wanted that to be a meme and get Roman over.
>>
>>1274862
That's not a "retort", that's no-selling.
>>
File: 1427664203791.jpg (53KB, 1125x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427664203791.jpg
53KB, 1125x600px
I still think in ring wise Cena is kinda boring. People bring up his limited moveset often and it is pretty obvious during a Cena match. The few times he tries to add some variation to it, it's pretty terrible, dude couldn't hit a good looking Springboard Stunner if it meant saving everyone's hard earned money. Not to say his matches are boring, but you kind of see the very clear narrative of each of his matches.

I do think he's a entertaining dude, has some good promo skills, and did a good job in the mid-card last year by not only elevating the US belt, but made everyone else look like money. Who knew fucking Stardust could go with Cena. Once he comes back, I hope he doesn't go to the main event scene.. he might trend water there for a bit, but he needs to go for a US belt, a IC title, or fuck, make him the TV Champion.
>>
John cena the "wrestler"-I hate him to this.day and will.always

John cena the human-respect
>>
>>1275575
In defense of John the Springboard Stunner is a really fucking dumb move that looks inherently stupid
>>
>>1261062
when he stopped shitting up the main event and he started doing the US open challenge
>>
>>1275580
i think a cruiserweight guy could pull it off, same with the code red. Cena should use more power moves(he can do good powerbombs and emerald flowsions) , not flippy moves like his orredous dropkick and hurricanrana.
>>
File: My-Fedora.png (951KB, 924x750px) Image search: [Google]
My-Fedora.png
951KB, 924x750px
>>1275578
>>
>>1275618

How is this a fedora opinion? John can't be doing much to anyone over the age of 18+
As a wrestler, dude is dull.

But as a person. Dude learns foreign languages just so he could do PR tours, I don't believe for a single second that he is bitter about any of that Make a Wish stuff, and is pretty humble and grateful for all the fans. Dude is a company man. The best company man they ever had. Hogan, Austin, The Rock, all took their ball and went onto other things. Cena isn't jaded. He isn't interested in leaving. He is here to stay.
>>
>>1275611
The problem with the move is that the physics and momentum make no sense
>>
>>1275627
Saying you like the person but hating the wrestler is a classic fedora opinion, on the same level as > You say Cena i say Hulk
>>
>>1275631

I'd like to see a source on this. Show me someone with a fedora saying this, and not some photoshop nonsense. Give me a video or twitter post.
>>
>>1275662
Lolwut
Your obvious autism isnt making your case seem any better 2bh m8

How many > THUMBS UP IF YOU WANT THE ATTITUDE ERA TO COME BACK comments on youtube have you posted today fatty?
>>
>>1261062
He bullied the living fuck out of Alex Riley
>>
He was always BMJ to me. Hes handsome and fit, a true star. Also he really is the only mainstream wrestler today.
>>
>>1261118
I remember that. Didn't make me like him as a wrestler, but made me love him as a bro.
>>
>>1275921
> known solely for a prank call and meme
> "mainstream"
>>
>>1275974
fuck off retard, cena has always been popular as fuck
>>
>>1275981
> getting booed out of arenas for over a decade
>>
>>1275989
holy fuck lmaoing hard at you retard

holy shit
>>
>>1275993
> it's a dumb-as-fuck contrarian shitter
>>
>>1275995
stop posting lmao top fucking kek
>>
>>1275995
> He actually boos based BMJ
On my hands and knees begging you to Benoit yourself.
>>
>>1275997
>>1275999
> he cheers for Prototype Roman
>>
>>1276011
my sides can't take this anymore lad please stop im going to die
>>
>>1276021
> tell me you're going to die
> thinking that'd make me stop

So dumb.
>>
File: this guy.jpg (10KB, 325x216px) Image search: [Google]
this guy.jpg
10KB, 325x216px
>>1276027
>>
>>1276033
> no response
> just reactionimage

Cucked.
>>
Only autistic terminally ill children like Cena. If it wasn't for all this make-a-wish bullshit he'd be released and jobbing in TNA. He's had the same dead gimmick for a decade and never wrestled a good match where he wasn't carried. Before that he had a shit wigger gimmick that could only appeal to 12 year old Eminem fans..Face it, Cena really does suck. I really wish all those make-a-wish kids would just die so Cena could retire already.
>>
>>1263752
This is exactly why Cena will never be a "Mount Rushmore" type, no matter how much WWE pretends he is. Then again, WWE owns the mountain so I guess they can put pretty much anyone on there they want.

The white rapper gimmick was a brilliant, instant heat-getter for a heel, but should have been carefully de-emphasized when he turned face. Cena has enough charisma to go out there and just be himself and get over. The spinner belts and straight from the mean streets of West Newberry Massachusetts, wannabe Allen Iverson bullshit pretty much guaranteed that 35-40% of any given audience would roll their eyes at the sight of him.

Pile on the ham-fisted efforts to make him a superhero on top of it and it's a credit to his talent that anybody cheers for him (see: Reigns, Roman, who has none of Cena's ability or apparently his willingness to improve himself in the ring, and is near-universally despised).

To answer OP's question, I'm still not a Cena fan and I doubt I ever will be. I recognize his talent and the hard work he's put in to live up to the faith WWE placed in him as the top guy. I'm honestly not even all that bothered by lolcenawins, since after all that's the way the top guy is treated. I think Stone Cold went 3-4 years between clean pins and no one complained about that. Hogan probably went a decade.

But the packaging of Cena is offensively bad. He's a white-meat babyface with a built-in heel's gimmick, and a guy who's character arc is literally a straight line. Whether he wins or loses, there's never anything to get excited about because there's no sense that he's an actual human being.

tl;dr: Cena is the wrestling version of nipples on the Batsuit, and you can't teach that.
>>
>>1276064
> someone actually put time and effort into making this post

BMJ would want you to have sex senpai
>>
>>1263752
> my bro on the other hand didn't like him mainly because of his rapper gimmick and he felt his marine gimmick was disrespectful

> muh must have total respect for muh murdering welfare queens
Your brother sounds like he was an uptight fraggle that should have eased up
>>
>>1276064
tldr
>>
>>1276074
Trust me, I was thinking the same thing while I was writing it. Didn't mean for it to go that long, but this is an interesting topic and it got away from me.
>>
>>1261062
I still don't like him, but I do respect him
>>
>>1261062
Cena is so kawaiii
>>
>>1276112
Don't worry, puberty will do a lot for you kid
>>
>>1276064
>writing this much shit after disqualifying your own opinion in the first sentence

Wew
>>
>>1261101
Bruno did the same type of matches for years and was never hated by fans. The younger ones don't understand him but Sammartino was bulletproof. Punch,kick,punch,kick,power move,kick,punch and he sold out MSG,Boston Garden Spectrum,Baltimore civic center,you name it.
>>
>>1283093
Differnt eras
>>
>>1283093
Different eras you fucking luddist faggot.
>>
>>1283093
Bruno could also pick up guys bigger than Styles without making it look like a titanic struggle.
>>
File: 1395265265768.jpg (58KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1395265265768.jpg
58KB, 200x194px
>>1261085
>RuRu wins US title at ER
>next Raw he starts talking shit about murica again
>does it again the week after and gets interrupted by Cena, who gets the title back
>US Open Challenge returns
>>
>>1283192
> Cena resuming his weekly burial tour starting with based RuRu

Fuck. No.
>>
>>1283192
>bring Cena back to bury Rusev again
Gonna give you a solid noandpleasekys/10
>>
I never hated him. He's the first wrestler i heard about back in 2007-2008. I was 10 y/o.
>>
>>1270438
Godspeed
>>
when i was 14
>>
>>1283093
well when kayfabe was full on alive people would be watching Bruno thinking it's like seeing Ali or Tyson in their prime. If kayfabe were still alive Cena and Roman would be almost universally over because they'd be seen as the best wrestlers.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.