[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /asp/ I recently had a 'sports entertainment' company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: wrestl.jpg (47KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
wrestl.jpg
47KB, 630x420px
Hey /asp/ I recently had a 'sports entertainment' company representative reach out and ask to buy one of my songs. I had no idea how much these companies pay for music rights so I delayed my decision.

Does anyone here know how much I should be asking for?
>>
>>1259864
What 'sports entertainment' company are you talking about? If it's WWE you can ask for a decent amout because they actually have some. If it's shit like TNA then you have to ask for very little.

Also share what song they asked you about senpai
>>
>>1259868
The phone call I received came from Stamford, Connecticut. I have never dealt with anyone near this size before.
>>
>>1259874
Stamford, Connecticut means that you are dealing with WWE. They have loadsamoney. Don't know how much you should ask from them tho. You are really asking the wrong board
>>
>>1259877
I was also asked to work closely with a composer named James Ray Hart on another piece.
>>
>>1259864
If you are not lying then call a lawyer that deals with music licensing. Nobody here would be giving you a real figure. A lawyer can tell you if you would receive since licensing and other royalties or a cash buy out.
>>
File: Jimmy_Hart.jpg (456KB, 561x889px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy_Hart.jpg
456KB, 561x889px
>>1259880
>a composer named James Ray Hart
Am i being baited here?
>>
>>1259886
Yes. This dude is trying to find out how people make for wrestling themes by pretending to be a composer.
>>
>>1259886
I'm not a wrestling fan, simply a music lover. I just want to know a standard figure I should be aiming for.
>>
>>1259881
I was hoping to avoid lawyers as I'm in a bad financial spot at the minute.
>>
>>1259895
Untrue
>>
>>1259910
Luckily for your broke ass lawyers will either do a free consultation or work out a payment plan. If you are too cheap to use a lawyer then you will not ever make any real money since no one will be able to explain to you if you are being taken advantage of. Either way I expect you to be lying since mouth of the south doesn't do themes anymore.
>>
I hear the standard is about $500-$5000 depending on how popular you are. If they're going to use a song for a PPV even if they don't pay you much they usually credit their musicians pretty well.
>>
>>1259965
Hahahahaha, no. Dude just get a lawyer. If you don't you will only get retards si no music business experience like this pulling figures out of their ass. If they buy you out, don't take a low figure like the retard saying take $500- $5000.
>>
>>1259972
$500-$5000 is the standard for TV and movies usually I would think WWE goes the same way but idk
>>
>>1259985
For a single placement, that is not a buy out rate. It does not factor in streaming, Internet, video games or the fact that the song is being used at live shows in front of thousands.
>>
your best bet is asking this guy.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON
>>
>>1259864
Lmao stop lying kid
>>
>>1260163
>le meltz
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.