[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did such a technically proficient wrestler like Owen botch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: owenaustin.jpg (20KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
owenaustin.jpg
20KB, 350x277px
How did such a technically proficient wrestler like Owen botch a move this bad?

Is this the most significant botch in history? Considering Austin is widely considered the GOAT.
>>
File: 1448557833926.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1448557833926.gif
2MB, 200x150px
In terms of lost money it's got to be number one. Austins best year was 14 million, that botch cost him at least 6 plus years.
>>
>>1242190
Wrestling is a crapshoot, you can take measures to do things as safely as possible, but sometimes Kevin Nash blows his quads walking across the ring.
>>
>>1242194
nearly killing someone is different than a blown quad desu
>>
>>1242190
Owen was uncomfortable with it as he didn't think he could do it but being the company man he was and getting the ok he went for it
Hell Mike Bennett botched a piledriver just a little while ago too, there's a reason why the move is banned in a lot of organizations and even illegal in some areas.
>>
File: vince.jpg (9KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
9KB, 300x224px
>>1242193

>mfw Vince killed Owen for losing him all that money
>>
>>1242196
The point is that sometimes accidents just happen for very little reason, maybe Austins belly was extra sweaty and he slipped in the grip just before the bump.
>>
>>1242200
it was not a accident Owen did the move wrong
>>
>>1242190
the yakuza forced Owen to do it. It was payback for when Austin broke jap wrestlers neck
>>
Isn't Austin still assblasted about this even though he ended someone else's career permanently doing the exact same botch on the exact same move?
>>
>>1242190
He did it on purpose and karma payed him back in spades.
>>
>>1242219

"ended their career" is overstating things quite a bit. He busted up Masahiro Chono pretty damn badly and it did force Chono to change his wrestling style once he came back, but the stubborn old bastard was still working twenty years after it happened.
>>
>>1242222

Nice digits. Why would Owen do it on purpose though?
>>
>>1242193
Perhaps it was for the best. Austin and Rock left when they were on top. Rock couldnt balance a career with Hollywood since the fans were turning on him because he came and went and he wouldn't be able to carve out the spot he did in Hollywood without full commitment.

Austin was already floundering by 2001. The heel turn is a mixed bag for many and he regrets it. Remember when Angle made him cry like a bitch then made him tap clean? Then he joined the Alliance and the night after SS he was a face again? Feuding with Flair, Big Show and Scott Hall? He had been well and truly surpassed and was right to call it a day. Who knows how fucking bored people would have got of the two of them by 2007 or 8 when they would have maybe called it quits.
>>
File: WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg (108KB, 340x470px) Image search: [Google]
WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg
108KB, 340x470px
>>1242239
Austin was still the top star in 2002, go back and look at the crowds drowned out in WHAT? shirts.

But his heel turn did hurt him a lot.
>>
>>1242239
also at WM 18 it was meant to be Austin vs Hogan but Austin turned it down.
>>
>>1242245

Fucking crazy that if Vince handled it right we could have had a Stone Cold vs. Rock vs. Hogan vs. Sting Wrestlemania main event
>>
>>1242248
I think the plan was Angle vs Sting but Sting would not sign, thats why WM 18 has a random Angle vs Kane match.
>>
>>1242190
Shit happens.
Everyone botches.
>>
>>1242259
It's a shame your birth wasn't botched
>>
File: Fedor_randleman.jpg (52KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fedor_randleman.jpg
52KB, 530x600px
Why are pro wrestlers so soft?
>>
>>1242322
MMA fighters fight 3-6 times a year, if that. Wrestlers, especially in the WWE, put on matches every week.
>>
>>1242190
>How did such a technically proficient wrestler

Flash Brown doesn't think too highly of the Hart family. In fact I would bet many people back then thought the Harts were overrated. Brown said that they were very jealous of Benoit when he was new to the industry. So they all fucked with him a lot.
>>
>>1242354
>Flash Brown

Kek I meant Bad News Brown.
>>
>>1242190
It was Austin's fault, he wasnt hugging Owen hard enough and slipped down. It was also Austin's fault when he nearly paralysed Masahiro Chona with the same move

>>1242364
Who cares what that bitter dead cunt Bad news brown said, he was a horrible and dangerous piece of shit that stunk the ring out most times he was in it

Owen, Bret and Chris were all close friends according to Jericho. Who gives a fuck about Bruce and the rest of the shitters
>>
>>1242322
anyone other than a russian would have been killed
>>
>>1242418
It was not austins fault, he was in the piledriver position and owen fell on his arse instead of his knees
>>
>>1242450
tombstone position*
>>
pretty sure owen harts son is a tranny lover.. I have proof.
>>
>>1242239

>WWE booking ruins everything

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

>>1242418

>It was Austin's fault, he wasnt hugging Owen hard enough and slipped down.

Wrong. Anyone who attempts to hit a belly-to-belly sit out piledriver is immediately responsible for everything that goes wrong. It's an unnecessarily unsafe move and it should never be attempted.
>>
>>1242454
show it
>>
>>1242327
>every week

3-4 times a week
>>
File: 960.jpg (34KB, 960x620px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
34KB, 960x620px
>>1242953
Cesaro came back on 4/4,
hed had 15 matsches since.
He just came back from injury.
Why does Vince want to kill him?
>>
>>1242450
>What is a piledriver?
>>
Believe it or not, it's Steve's fault that his neck was broken.

When you perform a pile driver, the guy who's getting rekt is supposed to put his hands on the other guy's thighs or knees and push himself up at the last second to keep from getting his neck compressed, which is what happened to Austin, because he didn't push out.
>>
>>1242322
Dude thats Fedor, he doesn't count as a human being.

>Also, he landed like Inoki when vaded did that massive german suplex, austin couldn't protect himself in any way with that piledriver
>>
File: rikishi-driver-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
rikishi-driver-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>1243129
Yes, BUT that's true if you do a NORMAL piledriver, when you are in the tombstone position the only way to stay safe is hugging you oponent, in that case if you want to do a sit out belly to belly piledriver you need to be sure that your oponent's head is completly safe, for example Rikishi Driver or Steiner Screwdriver.

The fault was on Owen and thats the only true.

>Pic related, Rikishi driver... It looks sick as fuck but its completly safe.
>>
>>1243211
I feel bad that Rikishi's legacy is the stink face. He did some pretty good stuff in his career but the only thing people will remember him for is dancing and ramming his asscheeks in to peoples faces.
>>
>>1243211
I never knew Rikishi was in TNA at one point.
>>
>>1243211
Why would Owen go for Undertaker's finish? It was Steve's fault and he admitted it a bunch of times on his podcast.
>>
>>1243588

I've never heard this incident or Owen Hart even come up without Austin sounding like he's still pissed about it
>>
>>1243588
> Why would Owen go for Undertaker's finish?
18+
Owen was doing the tombstone long before Taker even debuted, he got it from Dynamite Kid who innovated it
>>
File: 65478.webm (623KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
65478.webm
623KB, 450x338px
>>1243588

Owen was doing the Tombstone when Taker was still doing this shit
>>
It's a dangerous move, even the best Fuck up from time to time
>>
>>1243721
>>1243739
I'm not a retard, I was just reiterating what Stone Cold said when he watched it back. Seriously, listen to his podcast.
>>
>>1243721
>he got it from Dynamite Kid who innovated it
No he didn't.
>>
>>1242206
Yeah i'm sure he chose to do it wrong
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.