[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most overrated matches in the history of pro wrestling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: steamboat-savage1-1426775673.jpg (889KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
steamboat-savage1-1426775673.jpg
889KB, 2560x1600px
What are the most overrated matches in the history of pro wrestling?

Pic very related
>>
Michaels vs Razor ladder match
Punk vs Cena MitB
>>
Taker vs Michaels
>>
>>1241469
Taker vs HHH end of an era.
>>
>>1241315
I thought Punk vs Cena on Raw for WM main event spot was way better than their MitB match. That piledriver on Cena was killer.
>>
Sami vs Naka , I fear. No I'm not a troll. Yes it was a good match.

>>1241469
Which one? I thought the WM rematch was good. The first was a bit sloppy and it wasn't believably Michaels' time to shine from a paper standpoint. Their rematch seemed a lot more legit, as Michaels' attitude did a total 180 and the second match didnt end up being as sloppy.
>>
>>1241313
Savage vs steamboat
The many flair vs steamboats
Michaels vs Ramon ladder match
Michaels vs Taker
Hart vs Michaels ironman (was a great great match but would have been better condensed into a half hour match)
Every Flair 'match' ever
HHH vs Taker
WM XX triple threat
Every single HHH match except the 3 stages of hell vs Austin
Taker vs Diesel
Shawn vs Diesel
B+ayley vs SashA+
Every Asgooka match
Every Baloring match
>>
>>1241494
People will cool off on Nakamura/Zayn, I think.

It was just a combination of two things that people marked the fuck out to see at all (Nakamura in WWE and Nakamura v. Generico).
I think a lot of people were so excited it obscured the match, which was very good but not exceptional for either of the two.
>>
>>1241315
>Punk vs Cena MitB
>>1241484
>Taker vs HHH end of an era.

This and this. MitB wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It had a lot of sloppy moments. Literally every other Cena Punk match is better.

The hell in a cell at WM28 was just trash. I still can't believe my eyes when I read all the praise it gets.

I would add the Punk Taker match at WM29 and the Brock Cena match at extreme rules 2012. Both garbage that people ejaculate over.
>>
>>1241514
The thing with Punk Cena that makes is so good is not just the in ring action itself, it's the crowd, the storyline leading up to it and the ending. It really is the best non-Wrestlemaina WWE match in ages
>>
Taker/Mankind HiaC. If it wasn't for the two ridiculous bumps no one would've cared.
Also Austin/Rock at WM 19.
>>
>>1241313
Whatever matches you like.
>>
>>1241526
This and sloppiness really does add to the drama of the whole thing. If I wanted to get someone into wrestling this would be my #1 viewing choice.
>>
File: Sasha-Bayley-BKN.jpg (173KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha-Bayley-BKN.jpg
173KB, 642x361px
>>1241313
And I say this as someone that really liked it
>>
>>1241313
Rock V. Hogan

To this day I will never understand people marking out for it. Rock was very boring and stale at this point, and there's no point in even mentioning how stale NWO Hogan was at the time.

The match itself was an awful meme-fest.

Hogan's run as "Mister America" provided some much more entertaining situations.
>>
>>1241499
>breaking kayfabe
Fucking dumbass fraggle
>>
>>1241547

There was fanfare around it at the time but I dont think anyone holds it in particularly high regard in hindsight.
>>
>>1241499
What are the matches you say are great you smark faggot?
>>
Big Show v Rey Mysterio

This had to have happened 70-80 times on TV alone and they were all horrible and far too memey.

Mysterio in general is a fucking fag unless he is facing opponents near his weightclass.
>>
>>1241631
SashA+ vs C+harlotte vs BeC+ketty
Dolph Ziggler vs Luke Harper TLC 2014
Every single Cesaro match
>>
Hogan vs Warrior
>>
>>1241687
18+
>>
>>1241313
Savage steamboat was good because it was smooth and fast paced for that time period of slow walking, clubs and knees etc. It doesn't seem much now because wrestling is a lot faster paced these days
>>
>>1241546
Bayley is butterface as fuck
>>
>>1241871
She's qt fgt
>>
>>1241499
>flair vs steamboat
>shawn vs taker
>overrated

how does someone think thi-
>SashA+

nevermind, he unironically uses this meme.
>>
All of Daniel Bryan's matches.
>>
>>1241551
Ironman is there mainly because of Shawn and his poor excuse for match psychology, plus alot of people say it is the best match ever. Maybe HBGay's best match, far from Bret's best match though

>>1241631
Every Bret vs Austin match
Every Bret vs Diesel match
Both Bret vs Owen matches
Bret vs 123 kid
Bret vs Taker
Harts vs Steiners
Bret vs Benoit
Both Bret vs Mr Perfect matches
Hart Foundation vs Bulldogs
Hart Foundation vs Demolition
PAC vs Devshitt
Etc

>>1241901
This
> muh meme kicks
Also most of Macho Meme's matches
> muh axe handles
>>
The Attitude Era in general. Most of the matches where pure shit and every iconic moment was followed by shit.
>>
>>1241943
This.

I'd still take the Attitude era back though
>>
Pretty much every acclaimed match ever. WWE has never been that good.
>>
Any Jap match Dave Meltedturds has ever given 5 stars
>>
>>1242168
Racist
>>
The 2015 RR Triple Threat.
People act like that was some five star shit just because we got to see good storytelling with Brock's monster character, but it suffered poor pacing and an over-abundance of finisher-spam.
>>
Every Bret Hart match
>>
>>1242168
Nah. I'm casual as fuck when it's comes to Japanese stuff but Kenta Kobashi matches seem to go to another level. I know Meltzer bums the fuck out of anything Jap but some of those 5 stars are absolutely warranted.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.