[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who did more harm to pro wrestling? The insecure man who politicked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 7227500.jpg (34KB, 456x200px) Image search: [Google]
7227500.jpg
34KB, 456x200px
Who did more harm to pro wrestling?

The insecure man who politicked his way to the top or the guy that was pushed nonstop for a decade?
>>
Fat neckbeard anime watching smarks.
>>
Obviously HHh.

Thw fucking big nosed faggot has found a way to push himself into the spotlight at every possible moment for nearly the past 2 decades.

I honestly hope he dies.
>>
HHH, and the worst is yet to come. Cena has made massive money for WWE.
>>
>>1236970
Two of the greatest of all time, John Cena revolutionized what a top selling pro-wrestler could look like, and is a great worker. Triple H is a wrestling genius with a passion for the business who is also an amazing worker and was involved in some of the greatest feuds and factions ever. Shut up
>>
>>1236970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PocyTpRpgyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jfIzpk6O5g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uImGnEFLJp8
>>
>>1236977
>killed RVD push
>killed Scott Steiner push
>killed Zack Ryder push
>killed sting push
>destroys goldberg
>fucked booker t worse than Austin in a milk aisle
>ended the summer of punk
And worst of all:

>had 5 factions in his WWE run, all of which got the main spotlight

Seriously, the last 20 years should be called HHH and company.
>>
>>1236984
Kys Paul
>>
>>1237001
He'll get every faction inducted into the HOF too so he can be a 5 time hall of famer
>>
>>1237001
>RVD
he was a pothead who got his push taken away from him because of WEED DUDE!!

>scott steiner

He fucked his knees, and couldn't go like he used to.

>Zack ryder
What? you really a goofball gimmick to be wwe champion?

>sting
i heard sting wanted to put HHH over

>destroys goldberg
Goldberg really didn't get buried. Vince tried to make a story and give sympathy for the big kike, but the fans gave up on him.

>booker t
Sure, this sucked

>ended the summer of punk
Punk went on to hold the belt for 400+ days, faced the undertaker, and beat the shield 1v3.

not really a burial
>>
>>1237021
really want*
>>
>>1236984
Is this post from an alternate reality?
>>
>>1237021
>you really a goofball gimmick to be wwe champion?
Rock has the record for WWE championships after all.
>>
>>1237042
Rock was based with the bantz though.

Zack ryder was just a guy who just said WOO WOO WOO
>>
>>1237048
>Rock was based with the bantz though.
I was 12 once too kid, and even then I knew he had nothing funny to say.
>>
>>1237021
>RVD
How are weed memes a justification for burying one of the best acrobatic wrestlers at the time?

>Scott Steiner
Still, this was just a total wash. He could have at least let him have the title and steal it back next week with a storyline reason to heal up more

>ryder
Who said goofs can't be champ? Mankind.

>sting
>put over a 9 time champion with more groups, storylines, and accolades than any other wrestler.
Right. That's just the line he said to keep his paycheck.

>goldberg
HHH beating him at elimination chamber and the other made no sense and added nothing of value. They could have at least made it undertaker or someone up and coming via a technical default like Shelton benjamn to push em.
>>
>>1237052
Lmao you must've been the only one because everyone loved the rock.

>>1237060
>How are weed memes a justification for burying one of the best acrobatic wrestlers at the time

A thing called public relations

>Still, this was just a total wash. He could have at least let him have the title and steal it back next week with a storyline reason to heal up more
I guess

>Who said goofs can't be champ? Mankind.
Wasn't resally a goof, more of a crazy mother fucker who wanted pain.

>Right. That's just the line he said to keep his paycheck.

Implying he didn't join the wwe for that in the first place

>HHH beating him at elimination chamber and the other made no sense and added nothing of value

Do you know how he lost? Triple h had to cheat to win. Goldberg was protected as fuck, and also goldberg beat trips on the next two PPV
>>
>>1237090
>Mr. Socko
>being a total clown literally bringing clouds and making lame puns
>not a goof

Just because brown mankind was a masochist doesn't mean tie and smile mankind was. And he was the one who won during the biggest pop ever.
>>
>>1237110
sure he was but you can't compare his gimmick to zack ryder.

dude was hardcore, zack is just woo guy
>>
Cena is a victim of circumstance.

Haitch keeps putting himself in the spotlight when he should be backstage.
>>
>>1237000

Booker should have won. people bitch about lol cena wins, but evolution felt like a bullshit boss battle that was buggy to the point of being impossible to beat. Its what drove me away from it in the first place, shit got boring
>>
>>1236970
In terms of talent berried, Cena

In every other way, HHH
>>
>>1237001
Steiner could barely walk at the time, he shouldn't have been hired much less put in a main event picture. He needed to have waited a couple years before returning to wrestling, having somebody who moved like a 70 year old going over one of your top guys is a terrible idea.

Just an unfortunate situation, no fucking clue how he was medically cleared to compete.
>>
>>1237283
He had some injuries sure but he could still work, HHH was also injured at the time but you didn't see him take time off
>>
>>1237042
youre one salty faggot, the rock is the GOAT

HHH is fucking hot garbage
>>
>>1237286
He couldn't feel his fucking feet he had no business being in the ring.

He should have taken an extended break and came to wwe with huge fanfare.
>>
Cena can actually put on entertaining matches
So HHH
>>
File: 280full.png (203KB, 263x400px) Image search: [Google]
280full.png
203KB, 263x400px
>>1237299
>>1237286

He had a turner contract, I don't understand why he didn't just chill on that free money for a few years before coming over.

If I were to guess, it would be that anyone who didn't jump ship then would have been scorned from WCW forever in Vince's eyes seeing how ECW and WCW faithful like DDP got shafted to oblivion.

Real shame though, if he had healed up, Steiner could have put out some GOAT tier matches against the WWE roster of the time that already was the best it had ever been.

Steiner vs. Lesnar would have been amazing. Shooting star presses, Frankensteiners, overhead bench presses on both sides because Scott is strong as fuck but also a lightweight manlet to lift.
>>
>>1237445
>He had a turner contract, I don't understand why he didn't just chill on that free money for a few years before coming over.

A lot of other guys also had that contract and waited. Just think about if you are him. You were champion until the last day when Vince bought WCW. You are obviously very much in the spotlight. It is easy to assume that he was thinking that if he waited his contract out he might not be as over when he finally comes back. He could have easily justifiably assumed that he would be more lost in the shuffle once other guys made the jump.

You can't blame him too much here. I'm pretty sure that had he been able to wrestle better, wasn't injured, he would have gotten a good push. His gimmick was pretty over back then. Just a victim of bad circumstances.
>>
>HHH
>harm to pro wrestling
>when he was the third guy behind Stone Cold and The Rock who peaked when 2000-2001 hit due to injuries and the latter's Hollywood aspirations
>when he propped up, pushed and put over three of OVW's best in Batista, Randy Orton and John Cena
>when he propped up, pushed and put over the greatest smark darling that is Daniel Bryan
>when he propped up, pushed and put over all three members of The Shield; granted he never feuded with Seth because of his injury but he and his wife were literally wanking him over every night and there's Roman and Dean who scored clean wins on him
>when he's the reason smarks keep watching Raw because their favorite outlel wrestlers are signed by the WWE and its not ending soon

>John Cena
>harm to pro wrestling
>when Bruno Sammartino was the champ for 8 straight years
>when Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair were the centerpiece of the show since the 80s and only started playing second fiddle in the mid-90s and both men only stopped wrestling in the mid-00s
>when John Cena was only the top dog for a decade and the WWE is now building up his replacement (who is much older than him initially when he became the top dog since John was 28 when he first became champion and his replacement is already 31 years old in a month)
>>
File: 1hollywoodhogan.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1hollywoodhogan.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>1237562
HHH
>when he was the third guy behind Stone Cold and The Rock who peaked when 2000-2001 hit due to injuries and the latter's Hollywood aspirations
Just because others outshined him doesn't make his CONSTANT pushing for 20 years any less digestable.

>when he propped up, pushed and put over three of OVW's best in Batista, Randy Orton and John Cena
First 2 were literally his own personal people from Evolution, which in the end only promoted himself and his storylines more.
>Caring about smarks at all when PG is still the defacto gimping to the entire company on a myriad of things

Seriously, NXT is the first great thing he has done since 90's DX.
see:
>>1237001

Cena

>Comparing a reign in the WWWF in the fucking 60's to try and validate Cena's damages
A fucking reign in the 60's/70's where big faces had to maintain their value given that TV outlets were limited, the East coast had not been unified(or barely was in the 2nd reign), and wrestlers were straight athletes with technical prowess or Giant men for crowd appeal.

>Trying to validate Cena's damages by complaining about Hogan and Flair, who literally were making the industry's image before it even had one nationwide.

>Admitting to Cena's reign being longer than any of those 3 pioneers, and equating them as equal despite being in a solidified field, with tons of new talent on a global scale.

>Comparing the PG king who is booked to never be anything but the most invincible babyface ever with no flaws against the dirtiest player in the game and fucking HOLLYWOOD hulk hogan.

Please. Your strawman argument is just sad at this point
>>
>>1237594
>NXT is the first great thing he has done since 90's DX

Hng on there, JBL's title run was pretty good.
>>
>>1236977
>>1237001

>The driving force behind NXT

H will be the man to fucking save the wrestling industry if he keeps it up with NXT. Focus on good wrestling that isn't indietastic enough to end up with dudes puking after doing to many shooting star presses, stupid like chikara, or just fucking cringe worthy "hardcore" shit like CZW or JCW
>>
>>1237060
>RVD it wasn't weed memes is was drug charges

>Steiner
Fair enough but that's the biz some times man

>Ryder
Goofs are allowed to win but Ryder was a shit wrestler who only got over with twitter.

>Sting
The fuck do you know? I wasn't there and neither were you. I'll trust what Sting says.

>Goldberg
won the title for a while but the man had a shit attitude and the lose was punishment for saying no to Vince after he asked him to fill in on some live events.
>>
>>1236974
This. The two front war is what caused the product to decline. The Internet community continues to voice their outrage with a loud voice, not realizing that the average person who makes up the bulk of the paying customers do not share their opinions. But because of how vocal they are, the company tries to change the product for them, making the people who actually spends money on it less interested. So instead of going all in and having a high approval and low sales, or high sales and low approval, they keep trying to please both crowds by being in the middle, leading to a bland generic product. You smarks are literally killing the industry.
>>
Smarks, they forced WWE to put indy midgets on tv and now the results are low ratings.
>>
>>1236970
I don't get these smarks or people who enjoy supposed "good wrestling" its fucking fake. I want a good storyline/insane shock tv shit. Why are you autistic fags into these ugly manlets? Is it because they look like you? Fuck smarks ruined wwe. You nerds should have stucked to watching anime and mlp or some other pg faggot shit you like comics or star shit or whatever. Fucking nerds.
>>
>>1236970
Cena buried way more people than HHH. Also HHH would on occasion put people over. Cena hasn't put anyone over like ever.
>>
>>1240332
>it's the fans fault not the writing or the booking!

isn't it past your bedtime Vince?
>>
Besides the nexus. Who Cena buried ?
>>
>>1240750
ziggler
punk
seth
mark henry
ryder
rusev
bray
sandow
>>
>>1240776
Also Umaga, Ryback, R-Truth, Barrett (literally), Miz, Jericho.
>>
>>1240323
>>1240332
>>1240343
Thank you very much.
None of what you say is true, but it feels good to know people like you give smarks like me some importance.
>>
>>1236977
>I honestly hope he dies

Well eventually, prolly 30 years from now. 35 tops
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.