[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they push him so hard for no 1 since he's an average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: Roman_Reigns_bio.png (742KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns_bio.png
742KB, 900x506px
Why do they push him so hard for no 1 since he's an average wrestler? It feels completely artificial, and people always boo him.
>>
Smarks aren't people
>>
>>1232436
this
>>
>>1232432
this bait is getting old. Reigns is fucking awesome and over as shit, stop with your memes.
>>
>>1232432
He has da look and marks love him. The IWC don't matter. Never have and never will.
>>
>>1232432
Want to secure a PROFITABLE face once Cena leaves. The only problem is he doesn't have the charisma to be in that position, but I can see him being a Randy Orton, where he is a top guy no matter what and tells his story by actions.
>inb4 Roman haz 2 moves so dey shud fire him
>>
>>1232463
That face should be AJ Styles.
>>
>>1232478
AJ's best days are a decade behind him. By the time CM Punk and Daniel Bryan were top guys, their bodies were already well past broken down from years on the indies. Vince figures Roman is a safe investment because he conceivably has a 10+ year career ahead of him, unlike many on the current roster.
>>
>vince likes giants
>vince likes physique
>vince likes samoans

poor cesaro, so close, yet so far
>>
>>1232446
> marks love him

Kids joined in on booing him months ago.

>>1232498
>AJ's best days are a decade behind him.

The mid-2010s were a decade ago? How time flies.

Also, Reigns has already suffered 3 injuries that put him out for significant time despite having one of the safest "workrates" in the industry.
>>
>>1232440
>booed everywhere he goes
>over
If they had just eased into pushing reigns, everyone would be okay with him, but man they over did it and fucked everything up.
>>
>>1232515
over means getting a reaction, not being liked.
>>
>>1232518
Over means getting the reaction you're aiming for. Being booed as a face is not being over
>>
>>1232518
A babyface getting booed the fuck out is not over in the way they're supposed to be.
>>
>>1232521
>roman
>face
www.WORKED.com
>>
>>
>>1232505
> physique
> Reigns
>>
>>1232514
I'm sure AJ has plenty of great matches left in him, but there's no way Vince considers him a long term investment.

I'm also surprised that Unbreakable 2005 was apparently in the 2010s.
>>
>>1232531
I'm surprised you'd consider literally 1 match with 3 of the greatest of all-time at their peaks equivalent to the better part of 2 years of brilliance.
>>
Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and John Cena are also average wrestlers.

Wrestling "skill" beyond basic competence has almost nothing to do with getting over and making money. It really doesn't mean anything to WWE.

Roman is lacking in every other area too though.
>>
>>1232527
I'm surprised WWE hasn't moved to India or at least set up an Indian promotion

From the way Indians react to the product you'd think they're WWE's target audience
>>
>>1232535
Hogan is shockingly good at selling and Rock was great at the intangibles. Cena is good at his 2 kinds of matches.

There's something to be said about guys who straight-up blew chunks in the ring (Warrior, Sid, Diesel...) absolutely tanking in the box office.
>>
>>1232535
Hogan was good at getting the crowd involved as was the rock (rock also had GOAT chemistry with some people).

Cena unironically has been one of the best workers for the company for years. Shit at selling and awkward as fuck but you can't argue against the amount of quality matches he's had.
>>
>>1232432
Because he's not good enough to succeed elsewhere, there's no chance of him running off to football/UFC/Hollywood
>>
>>1232521
So Kevin Owens is the least over person on the roster, then? Moron.
>>
>>1232525
If you think Reigns is a babyface then I understand where your confusion comes from. Don't worry, I think TNA has some simpler stories for you to understand.
>>
>>1232563
KO's a good heel that people like to watch wrestle and his in ring commentary is always funny. Reigns is the BABYFACE OF THE COMPANY and gets booed out of wrestlemania and every other ppv. Do you not see a difference?
>>
>>1232564
Just stop.
>>
>>1232563
>>1232564
> the state of Reignscucks

I can't even begin to imagine how it went so wrong for you to shill for a company that openly doesn't give a fuck about you.
>>
>>1232498
Has a 4.75 rated match this fucking year.

>best years behind him
>>
>>1232568
This is why any reaction is a good reaction meme is garbage. Roman is getting Eva Marie tier heat.

Cesaro would be a much better face for the company. He speaks five languages and can show up on the today show after Wrestlemania an be held in high regard. He is a great technical wrestler and has freakish strength.

But Vince want's the samoan, so all we get is the samoan.
>>
>>1232568
We are strictly talking reaction here. Thats what being over means, by your logic as well since you base Reigns not being over strictly on being booed out of the building.

If Reigns isn't over because he is supposed to be a face (which he isn't, he is a tweener), but he gets boos, then Kevin Owens isn't over either, and probably less over than Reigns because he is supposed to be one of the meanest heels on the roster yet he gets babyface pops.

Checkmate, mate
>>
>>1232642
They give a fuck about us, the fans, they don't give a fuck about you, the smarks who change their opinions weekly and have a deluded view on the product because you read too much "insider" shit and forget that you aren't even supposed to know what kayfabe is to enjoy the product. Wrestling is fake buddy, stop treating it like it's not. To enjoy WWE, you have to sit back and realise that the shit is fucking fake. Maybe then you will actually enjoy the product instead of forcing yourself to watch it only to complain online after.
>>
File: Vince asp.jpg (230KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Vince asp.jpg
230KB, 600x450px
>>1232432
Don't worry senpai, Big Match John will be back on Memorial Day to SHUT IT DOWN on behalf of Vince.
>>
>>1232586
Not even an argument, as to be expected obviously.>>1232663
>>
>>1232728
>Eva Marie "get of my screen" heat is good
>heel heat is good for a tweener
Ebin
>>
>>1232663
Roman isn't getting Eva Marie tier heat lmao. People boo him because it's a meme to boo him. Same with John Cena, and Kurt Angle back in the day.
>>
>>1232737
Except that it's not Eva Marie heat, and yes, a tweener can get either cheers or boos. Way to go not even attempting to touch on anything else I said because you know I am right, though. This is why no one takes smarks seriously, and why Vince doesn't give a single fuck about you.
>>
>>1232740
>i-it's just a meme
Kys antismark
>>
>>1232663
Roman and Eva are getting booed because of how boring they are. Literally nothing to do with how they try to come across. They're just boring and no one wants to watch them wrestle or hear them talk. Why do you think ANYONE who faces Eva or Roman gets cheered?
>>
>>1232744
"antismark", the fact that you are trolling and I am not just helps prove my point, so thank you.
>>
>>1232745
No one is booing Roman because of him, it's because of the way he has been booked. In a few months everyone is going to love him and he is going to be the next Rock or Stone Cold.
>>
>>1232734

>To enjoy WWE you have to sit back and eat the shit that they give you

Yeah nah. You can go fuck yourself you Indian mark. It doesn't matter if it's real or not. What people want is what matters. That's the only "real" thing in wrestling. The fans. Just because you're on the other side of the argument doesn't make you anymore special. When the crowd swings this hard against him, it's a problem. It doesn't matter if you and the other 10 year old kids in the crowd cheer him.
>>
>>1232814
>has 3 moves
>doesn't sell for shit
>0 mic skills
>0 personality
Yeah it's the booking. He was green as hell when they put him in the spotlight, so it really isn't all his fault, but to say it's just bad booking is stupid.
>>
>>1232827
Except you are delusional. No one is booing him because they don't like him, he is a fucking tweener, he is supposed to be booed because of the actions he does like being cocky and beating the shit out of people. With your logic any heel ever thats being booed is a failed project, you have no fucking logic at all. Heels are supposed to be booed, tweeners can be booed or cheered.
>>
>>1232846
>has way more than 3 moves, just an incorrect statement which proves you are either delusional or trolling, just watch ANY of his matches
>who the fuck has mic skills? Bray Wyatt? Paul Heyman? He has decent enough mic skills to be a genuine champion.
>again just an incorrect statement, I don't know how shit your social skills actually are, but he has charisma and a great personality.

The only reason Reigns failed was because of the booking. If he got perfect booking he would be one of the greatest of all time, he has some of the highest rated matches of all time in the WWE, and his gimmick is great.
>>
>>1232863
>put him against some of the best heels in the business
>he's a tweener!
No. No he's not. They tried to make him a baby face and failed miserably. Only since WM have they started booking him in a different light.
>>
>>1232866
>superman punch, spear, samoan drop
The only other moves I can think of are maybe that deadlift powerbomb thing and that horrible looking 10 corner clothesline
I don't even need to go in on mic skills. He's possibly the worst on the main roster.
And his "personality" is some generic cool guy samoan? I don't even know. Like I said, only after WM did he start coming across as cocky. Before they just tried to make him the guy trying to defeat the authority! Overcoming the odds! And the lead heel still got cheered over him. His booking IS shit,but he's also too green. He needed way more experience before getting his push.
>>
>>1232869
>Tweener
>Plays board games on talk shows
>Hangs out with cancer patients

K
>>
>>1232869
He has always been a tweener, ever since the shield. Do you even watch the product? He has never gone full blown babyface.
>>
>>1232877
>several takedowns, michinoku driver, belly to belly, pendulum backbreaker, kneeling powerbomb, gutwrench suple, fallaway slam, back suplex, inverted backbreaker, russian leg sweep, electric chair drop, back suplex side slam, teardrop suplex x3 combo, elbow drop, jumping clothesline, european uppercut, boston crab submission, single leg camel clutch, uranage sideslam, tope suicida suicide dive, and so on, and so on
>3 moves

As I said, no one is good on the mic. Literally no one. He can do okay for himself, his promos are watchable now. His gimmick is a silent strong dude that cares about his family and want to have the main championship so that he makes more money for his family. His booking has been shit, it's good now, but it was never Roman's fault in any way that the fans turned on him. He was white hot back in 2014 before they started the shit booking.
>>
>muh Reigns boogeyman
>meanwhile shitty indy cunts and ugly whores dominate 90% of Raw time
>>
File: 1460821767052.png (38KB, 845x557px) Image search: [Google]
1460821767052.png
38KB, 845x557px
>>1232436
Then anti-smarks are less than that. You don't even like wrestling, only like or dislike talents ironically and just complain about smarks complaining.
>>
>>1232535
cenas best quality is his improv, when the crowd hates him, he doesn't just handle it he works with it. Roman doesn't have that quality but they book him like he does, stop giving roman the mic.
>>
File: cage_laugh.gif (1MB, 320x173px) Image search: [Google]
cage_laugh.gif
1MB, 320x173px
>the amount of ragie smarkuck tears ITT
>>
>>1232962
I don't think I've ever seen Ramen do any of the moves you listed besides a jumping clothesline.
>>
>>1232962
Every match I've seen him in since he left the shield is
>clothesline
>samoan drop
>superman punch
>spear
I've seen one suicide dive onto damn near the entire locker room which isnt very crazy since there's so many people to catch you.
Just send me one match post shield that isn't the formula I listed and I'll admit you're right, because that's all I've seen him do for the past fucking year or 2? I don't even know how long it's been
>>
>>1233003
this
>>
>>1232432
Who the fuck knows.
Vince feel in love with him since day 1. Even though Roman is below average in every way.
>>
>>1233045
He also does that "one arm powerbomb" and "drive by" also known as apron dropkick. Other than that, I don't remember him doing anything else.

>he calls himself...
>the man
>>
>>1232535
Hogan was shit in the ring.
Rock was above average in his orime.
Cena is actually very good in the ring.

All 3 have charisma, which Roman lacks.
>>
>>1232814
Roman has been getting constantly booed for like 8 months now. When exactly will fans come around to him? If anything the boos are getting worst with each passing week.
>>
>>1232863
>Roman
>the face of the company
>is a tweener

Did you miss the whole make a wish pandering wwe tried with him last night? Roman is a face, and not just any face, but the top face. Fans just don't like him. The smart move would be to turn him. But Vince is too stubborn to do so.
>>
>>1232734
The amount of projection in here could fucking power the BatSignal.
>>
Fat man let nerds crying.
>>
>>1233003
The problem is that we fucking like wrestling you moron. We are actually fans.
>>
>>1233031
Then pay more attention, he does at least 5-10 of them in every match.
>>
>>1233045
Just literally watch any match of his.
>>
>>1233066
If anything it's literally the opposite, the boos have always been getting milder for every week that passes. And again, booing doesn't mean shit, it's just a meme to boo him.
>>
>>1233258
I literally did. Last night. It was exactly what I said. His WM match was the exact same.
>>
>>1232564
>TNA
>simple storylines

Nigga you go back to when Russo was writing that shit and you tell me what the hell was going on
>>
>>1233258
I honestly watched quite a few of Romans matches but they're just as that anon listed, nothing more.
>>
>>1232527
Typical Instagram comment. Pakis love Roman because he's the nearest thing to The Great Khali to them.
>>
I'd honestly probably like Roman more if he actually had a definable personality beyond being "The Big Guy" which literally tells me nothing about him as a character.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.