[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on unifying these 2 titles? I don't see a point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: wwe-ic-us-titles.png (384KB, 625x300px) Image search: [Google]
wwe-ic-us-titles.png
384KB, 625x300px
Thoughts on unifying these 2 titles?

I don't see a point of keeping 2 separate belts for mid card.
>>
>>1221529
>wanting less belts and more no-belt feuds
Why?
>>
>>1221529
>2 shows
>2 midcard belts
See the point now, dipshit?
>>
>>1221531
Belt feuds have been sucking as of late.

Besides it would offer more unique storylines.
>>
if they only have 1 mid card belt don't unify just get rid of the US title
>>
I say keep them separate and add more belts

bring back the cruiserweight title, get a womens tag belt because why not, it'd make the womens scene a bit more interesting, maybe take it out of piss break level, and bring back the hardcore belt just for shits
>>
>Remove US title
>Add Cruiserweight and Hardcore title
>>
>>1221542
>makes the womens scene a bit more interesting

Oh boy, now I get THREE piss breaks at every Raw now.
>>
remove us title
bring back europen title
>>
File: 1460952334636.jpg (41KB, 215x324px) Image search: [Google]
1460952334636.jpg
41KB, 215x324px
>>1221566
but now instead of just 2 women touching each other you get 4
>>
>>1221568
>downgrading to Europe when the US title could just serve the exact same purpose
Frenchmen get the fuck out
>>
>>1221562
>wanting a hardcore title in the PG era.

it would suck, desu
>>
>>1221529
All they have to do is diversify the two belts so instead of two useless midcard belts you have the US title become more like the old Euro and Hardcore titles, a "king of the jobbers" fighting championship that must be defended as often as possible against all comers. Anyone can get it and there's no prestige in it, just match after match after match producing cool spots and moments to sate the audience. Whereas the Intercontinental title must be an elevating championship like it used to be – winning the IC title all but guarantees you are going to be in the main event fighting for the WHC in the very near future. Winning the US title should give you exposure while winning the IC title should give you prestige.

It's so easy to make these distinctions between the belts that I'm certain Creative will never do it again.
>>
>>1221584
This would really work

>tfw creative will never have an iq in the double digits again
>>
>>1221568
Defending the European belt on house shows in Eu could be actually a draw
>>
>>1221529

IC is midcard. US is lowercard (exception of Cena).
>>
>>1221529
>Wanting less belts

No
>>
> People thinking have more belts is a good thing
Unify them and get it over with. If they were both booked good and always had feuds then cool, but they almost always don't resulting in pointless matches thrown together last minute making the presitege of the titles dryer than the Sahara.

If it were up to me, get rid of both and have the one time win titles:

> Royal Rumble
> Money in the Bank
> Andre Battle Royal
> King of the Ring (or a new variation of it not covered in shit)
>>
>>1221628
Titles give cheap motivation for feuds, and today's Creative has no idea how to make a compelling feud on the wrestler's own merits. Removing the belts would make even more matches feel pointless.
>>
Less belts isn't a good thing, bros. In fact I believe they should add at least one more belt as things are now.

The problem has always been what are these belts even doing? Belts should always be on the card regardless if they are up for grabs in a match. The champs should always be on the card every fucking night and they should always have an important story surrounding them. WWE forgets about their midcard champs, that's the problem.
>>
>>1221654
you're right

we need a TV title in WWE, weekly defenses on Raw, really show that belt off
>>
Just make US the King of the jobbers title like >>1221584 said. Give guys like Slater and his ilk something to do.
>>
>>1221539
probably cause belt feuds are literally the only feuds given screen time
>>
>>1221719
Not at all.

Jericho vs Ambrose and Zayn vs Owens are given much more weight than the IC tittle (Leave it to fucking Miz to make a tittle irrelevant, i guaranteed Cesaro vs Ryder would garner more interest) and lets not talk of the US tittle.

Even the women tittle has more prestige than the IC and US tittle currently.
>>
>>1221584
>have the US title become more like the old Euro and Hardcore titles, a "king of the jobbers" fighting championship
>Whereas the Intercontinental title must be an elevating championship like it used to be – winning the IC title all but guarantees you are going to be in the main event fighting for the WHC in the very near future

I was going to make the exact same point, but you said it so much better. Intercontinental used to essential mean "watch out for this dude, he's gonna be big"

The Hardcore title was just straight up fun and different. I miss that title so much, because at the very least you knew that every match was guaranteed to be totally unique. Maybe not good, but unique none the less.

Modern day WWE just has belts as meaningless props. I mean, yeah, titles have ALWAYS been props if you want to be honest, but at least make them FEEL important and valued, so that defending them lends immediate weight to the fight.
>>
I would love for the IC title to go into a SF type vibe for a while: "The Best of each Nation is here and they all want that belt" type of thing.

Rusev v Sheamus
Del Rio v Kingston
Barrett v Chris Jericho (yeah i know, bad news...)
Nakamura v Owens

As for the US title, they already got the best angle with what Cena did. Keep the US Open Challenge, and measure the lenght of reigns and wins with to really show the "strength" of the champ.
>>
>>1221529
WWE is shit at making people care about feuds.
They need these belts to make people give an ounce of a damn, they just need to start treating them well.
If anything, they need a definitive upper mid-card, sub Main Event scene belt to go along with these two definitive midcard belts. But they need to fix what they have, first, before tossing more in.

>>1221776
>(Leave it to fucking Miz to make a tittle irrelevant, i guaranteed Cesaro vs Ryder would garner more interest)

>It's Miz's fault
>despite the fact that you yourself admit that these other feuds are given more weight by creative/the writers

Ryder vs Cesaro would've been treated with the same lack of interest, mark.
>>
>>1221901
Diference is that everyone gushes how Miz can get anything over which is false.

Ryder vs Cesaro would get the audience attention more which would had made WWE give it screentime.
>>
>>1221910
>Ryder vs Cesaro would get the audience attention more which would had made WWE give it screentime.

Haha holy shit imagine being this naive.
>>
>>1221914
>Basically the highlight of the biggest wrestlemania of all times is Ryder going over for the IC tittle.

You are the one being naive.
>>
File: Uso1or2 looks at shitposter.webm (288KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Uso1or2 looks at shitposter.webm
288KB, 500x281px
>>1221910
>which would had made WWE give it screentime.

you lost right here
>>
Bring back Cruiserweight and introduce a Network belt with a 24/7 rule.
>>
>>1221923
>Ryder vs Cesaro would get the audience attention more which would had made WWE give it screentime.

Just gonna keep greentexting this 'cause it's funny desu
>>
>>1221924
It would.

Thats is WWE didnt had an aversionb towards a Ryder mini push.
>>
>>1221928
>Cant refute.

My win i guess.
>>
>>1221931
>That is if WWE didn't have an aversion towards pushing Ryder for any period of time

you just keep churning these out lad
>>
>>1221934
>>Ryder vs Cesaro would get the audience attention more which would had made WWE give it screentime.
>>Thats is WWE didnt had an aversionb towards a Ryder mini push.

Moar comedy cold
>>
>>1221938
Ryder is based, highlight of WM 32.
>>
>>1221944
>Ryder is based,

wew wew wew
he's buried
>>
>>1221951
For being too based.

He gets buried so he doesnt bury the top face.
>>
>>1221961
>For being too based.

every single post
>>
If anything, bring back the European and Cruiserweight titles, and make each pair brand exclusive.
>>
>>1221891

I love that idea with the US Championship. Make it mandatory to defend it every Monday night against whoever walks down the ramp. And actually let it change hands on RAW every once in awhile. Make the Open Challenge matter by letting the audience feel like they can see a new champ on any given night.
>>
>>1221542
>add more belts
Why? Every belt feud is just about the same, there's no story basically besides "my belt!" "no mine!". Only the world title gets thought put into it.

>Hardcore belt
No one would like it considering it's just going to be less exciting Brock vs Ambrose

>Women's Tag
Who would compete? Just nothing tag teams?

>Cruiserweight
Again, who? Would you kill Zayn's push to have him feud with dumbass R-Truth for some belt they'll retire in a couple years

The last thing any company needs is an abundance of belts. When everyone is a champ, no on is champ
>>
>>1221645
Matches for the belts feel kind of pointless now that the belts mean so little
>>
There are actually people that like Ryder? No wonder WWE fuckin sucks.
>>
>>1221654
Lets just have every match on the card have a champion in it. Then the belts will surely have to mean something!
>>
>>1222147
That won't be fixed by getting rid of the belts, which exist solely to drive storylines forward. Creative has to make those storylines more interesting.
>>
>>1222158
I agree, but I think they need to fix the belts they have now before adding in new belts
>>
>>1221529
No because it benefits them these days to have two mid card titles. US championship is also the last remnant of a long gone era now. The greatest era in wrestling history. So it's good to keep that US title around. The IC title also has a lot of history so that shouldn't go anywhere either.
>>
>>1221534
smackdown means jack shit, the US titles especially means nothing when you rarely see it
>>
>>1222164
I'm not in the add more belts camp. I think we've got a decent number right now. Creative just needs to create an upward funnel like >>1221584 said, having the United States title producing cheap feuds while the jobbers and undercarders sort themselves out and from the rabble they draw contenders for the Intercontinental title, who then get thrust into the competition at the top of the card for the World Heavyweight Championship. Easy peasy, and totally doable by the current roster. Creative just needs to actually try to do its job.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (459KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
459KB, 500x281px
What about a trios title?
>>
>>1221944
Bait, honestly he looks like the typical background jobber. He was nothing special on wrestlemania.
>>
>>1222187
Completely agree, I'd love to see the IC title be the Jr. World title like it once was and see Slater or one of the Outcasts with the US
>>
>>1222028
I'd add a stipulation that the title would have to be dropped if the current holder wins the IC or WWE title
Hell I'd love for them to legitimize Ryder's internet title and just ride all the social media shit they push, could work the same as the US open but on Smackdown where the highest voted person gets a shot at the title or something similar
>>
>>1222198
Tag Titles under the Freebirds rule is fine as it is. We just need the division to get back to that early-2000s sweet spot again.
>>
>>1222131
>No one would like it considering it's just going to be less exciting Brock vs Ambrose
You cant compere them. Brock is an atraction and anyone thinking he was going to put his body in harms way for Ambrose is delutional.

Sure there is no blood allowed anymore but Ambrose match was hurt by his opponent.
>>
>>1222220
Maybe but it would still be weak ass hardcore
>>
>>1222220
>Sure there is no blood allowed anymore but Ambrose match was hurt by his opponent.
>Sure there is no blood allowed anymore

No that's why it, and this idea, sucks.
>>
>>1222226
Wouldnt be that bad, just need some nice harcore spots.

>>1222247
Actually blood is allowed in minimal dosis, Taker vs Brock was a fine example or Haitch beatdown on Reigns so maybe some little blood is allowed.
>>
The US Championship Belt should be trashed based on how stupid it looks.
>>
>complain that the big gold and the company belt are unified, leading to saturation of a small core of top guys
>suggest unifying the smark belt and the lowcard belt, effectively killing the lower card
>>
>>1221584
Wiser words haven't been spoken in this board before.
>>
>>1222529
I think in theory it would create a hungrier tag and combo US/IC divisions since really you only have 1 show
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.