[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has he ever lost a feud on the mic? He owned The Rock every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: john-cena-gi.jpg (83KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
john-cena-gi.jpg
83KB, 900x506px
Has he ever lost a feud on the mic?

He owned The Rock every time they met up.
He dominated Punk in every promo they shared.
He's made hostile crowds cheer him.

He's the best on the mic of all time, with the possible exception of Austin
>>
>>1203772
Fine speech.
>>
>>1203772
Jesus fucking christ mate, you have never ever watched Jake Roberts or Roddy Piper, old school Ric Flair...
>>
The only time I've seen Cena get rekt was when Batista completely rent him. A damn shame their feud was so short. Would have been Cena's the rock/Austin. Orton sucks
>>
>>1203772
>18+
The Rock wasn't a professional wreslter that time and had bigger things on his plate. John would have no chance ain '98, when Rock was literally burrying careers purely on the mic.
>>
>>1203772
SashA+ is better than him desu
>>
SuperCena is very good but underrated on the mic. Doctor of Thuganomics Cena was based as fuck, and could have hung with GOAT candidates like Macho, Stone Cold, prime Rocky, or Jake The Snake.
>>
>>1204089
Confirmed for being a 6 year old at the time. Cena's raps were the gayest, most awful shit ever put on film.
>>
File: kevin's wife.jpg (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
kevin's wife.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
>>1203807
Anyone can be loud and spew gibberish. Cena is a true master craftsman of speech.
>>
As it is now, rankings go something like this

Austin > Cena = Punk >>> Rock
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 720x720px
He lost to Daniel Bryan
>>
>>1204059
Do you want people to cringe? Jesus fucking hell there are limits.
>>
>>1203772
Post some highlights p
>>
>>1204243
>Dat promo
>People say DBry was shit on the mic
>>
Batista utterly annihilated Cena on the mic.
>>
Yes, Kurt Angle beat him in many rap battles.
>>
>>1204263
He wasn't shit on the mic, he just got lazy and left everything to the yes chant
>>
>>1204274
That and he came off as awkward. He'd go from a mumbling whisper right to shouting at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason. It made him come off as nervous and uncomfortable with the mic.
>>
>>1204263

That may be the best promo he ever cut.
>>
He's not the GOAT, but you're not wrong with the examples you gave. Though, Punk's promos were more him vs. the WWE, than him vs. Cena, so it's not really fair to say he won that one.

And as it's been said already, Batista rekt him
>>
>>1204284
Any youtube links to Batista wrecking Cena on the mic?
>>
>>1203772
You realize they had Rock tone it down in their feud? Vince wanted there to be a 50/50 split at Mania between Cena and Rock fans. Of course it didn't work.
>>
>>1204191
>Jake Roberts
>loud

He was the complete opposite. The guy was quiet, calm and fucking creepy as fuck. And yes he shits all over Cena on the mic.
>>
>>1204286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ZSSNrC2pI

The best parts (you can keep on kissing babies and hugging fat girls) were cut from this one for some reason, can't find the original full promo.
>>
>>1204305
Batista is so GOAT, he even got the smarks to like him after the shit show that was the rumble and lead up to mania after his return.

Based
>>
>>1203772
Punk rekt him when he called Cena "the new York Yankees"
>>
>>1204327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2PF1hthEyU

>dat hype

WWE has the Midas Touch when it comes to these videos.
>>
>>1204327
Punk rekt himself by doing so; basically admitting that he hates him because he's well-liked and won a lot.

But I wouldn't expect Punk cultists to admit as much.
>>
>>1204305
Heeltista was the best.
>>
>>1203772
The rock is better than both stone cold and Cena on the mic, breh.
>>
>>1204354
https://youtu.be/29dyTdM9Epk?t=3m20s

fucking top kek
>>
Bitchista
>>
>>1204408
I liked the rock, and think he's better than cena on the mic, but he's not on stone cold's level. The rock became far to reliant on catchphrases, stone cold had his certainly but he had a flow and could improvise. Every rock promo follows the same template, almost like wrasslin' mad libs.

Finally the rock has come back to _________.
The rock asks a question, the guy tries to answer, IT DOESN'T MATTER!
I'm gonna take your _______, shine it up real nice and shove it straight up your candy ass.
IF YA SMELLLLLLLLL

The rock doesn't so much do promos, he just runs through a checklist. It can certainly be entertaining, but it can run thin after a while.
>>
>>1204249
>can't handle the facts
>>
I thought his feud with Owens was roughly 50/50 on the mic, at least in the early stages, which is kind of surprising cause Cena is a much better talker than Fatass, but KO cut some pretty great promos towards the start of that feud.

I get that the Slammys are a work but the fact that that feud wasn't even a nominee for rivalry of the year is a joke
>>
>owned The Rock

The Rock pretty much rekt him in all encounters and he wasn't even that serious nor the same Rock 10 years ago when they initially faced
>>
File: Judgemental Cow.jpg (27KB, 323x303px) Image search: [Google]
Judgemental Cow.jpg
27KB, 323x303px
>>1204305
Christ, that post-edit booing is embaressingly obvious.

I don't mind Cena, he's good on the mic. But it's so annoying when he does his "I'm going to talk down to you after you give a good promo, because that's a mighty fine speech sir." It's like he can't let the other guy have the upper hand so he does his whole condesending shit.
>>
>>1204740
They were close, it wasn't like with Punk where you could tell rock didn't care as much/was too occupied to truly get back into wrestling while Punk was cutting some of the best promos of his career which led to Punk out shinning him.
>>
>>1204243
Lad, Cena completely dominated that promo. Just watch it here if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoaSIhTRFtY

>>1204263
Bryan's delivery was a bit off. Still probably his best promo though.
>>
>>1204580
When did you watch the rock? Like, that's the opener and the closer of his spiel. Between that, he'd usually have like 5 minutes of originality lol
>>
>>1204742
>heel/tweener/face says all this shit and cuts a great promo
Cena's retort is always
>That's a fine speech sir
>BUT I'VE BEATEN X, Y AND Z
>YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES JACK
>I COME TO WORK EVERYDAY FOR THEM *points at crowd* *they boo or cheer or it's mixed or silent depending on the locale*
>SOME BOO ME SOME CHEER ME BUT THATS FINE
>I'M HERE FOR *points at cancer kid or mentions one*
>COME SUNDAY YOU'LL BE STEPPING IN THE RING WITH 'x' TIME CHAMPION JOHN CENA
>le opponent sits there quietly while he scolds them and they get no retaliation

supr srs Cena literally always says the same shit

>>1204744
Bryan's part of that promo did contribute to the best moment of that feud and their match though, when Bryan started slapping Cena near the end of the match. Fantastic story telling.
>>
>>1203772
>dominated Punk

holy kek
>>
File: Whut.jpg (38KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
Whut.jpg
38KB, 365x450px
>>1203772
>He dominated Punk in every promo they shared.
>>
>>1204351
>he doesn't know how baseball works
>>
File: holla.jpg (16KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
holla.jpg
16KB, 400x311px
>implying the genetic freak isn't the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

The promos he would cut in WCW were priceless.
>>
>>1204802
...but that's a TNA promo
>>
>>1204804
Just an example of his brilliance.
>>
Big Dave was the best
>>
>>1204191
Go rewatch that promo with laurinaitis in the ring again where he just interrupt him over and over to say 'loser', move over Shakespeare and Wilde..
>>
>>1203772
>Thinking smiling and failing to take the other persons promoro seriously, and then placating and trying to compliment the crowd is a good promo

Try watching some Paul Heyman, Arn Anderson, Rick Rude, Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura promos..
>>
There were a couple times Kurt Angle tried to battle rap cena. It was fucking terrible but at least Angle was funny. Cena was just cringe.
>>
>>1204337
Hooooly shit this is beautiful!
>>
"""""OFFICIAL"""""" TOP TEN BEST ON THE MIC OF ALL TIME

1. 1985-1990 Ric Flair
2. 1985-1990 Dusty Rhodes
3. Bobby Heenan
4. 1980-2002 Jerry Lawler
6. 1998 - 2002 Steve Austin
7. 1985-1993 Roddy Pipper
8. 1987-2002 Hulk Hogan
9. Vince McMahon
10. 1992 Randy Savage

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
The Rock
Chris Jericho
Kevin Nash
HBK
HHH
>>
File: kingsupportstrump.png (14KB, 502x186px) Image search: [Google]
kingsupportstrump.png
14KB, 502x186px
>>1206451
ehhhhhhhhhhh, that list has the best gimmick talkers, i'll give you that.

but would we call gary coleman the best talker of all time for "whatcha talkin 'bout willis"?

Jim Cornette does my favorite mic work.
i feel like your honorable mentions are better in alot of cases than your list.

i love lawler, but he in no way is better than jim ross, he may have been more fun to listen to, but that was because ross was doing all the actual work.
>>
>he dominated punk in every promo

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>1211063
> Nash & HHH better than literally anybody in that Top 10

Holy fuck, no.
>>
>>1211111
nash, no

but H yes, you're not supposed to like him.

Nash does great shoot interviews though.
>>
>>1206451
>No Jake the Snake
C'mon son
>>
>>1211115
> you're not supposed to like him

Now explain why his babyface promos are even more boring.

> listening to the shoot interviews of a delusional old man
>>
>>1211122
other than the time he came back from that injury having done a shitload of steroids and being extra stacked, when was trips ever a babyface?

in what way is nash delusional? he's one of the best booked guys of all time, and he saw a bit of everyone, he is uppity but he's lived a life that no one else has(except maybe hogan)
>>
>>1211127
>when was trips ever a babyface?

...from like mid-2006 until The Authority started?

Nash is delusional about nearly everything. He's been a clueless old fool for decades.
>>
>>1203772
>He dominated Punk in every promo they shared.
kek
>>
No one gonna mention Brock? c'mon

>I'm gonna leave him in a puddle of blood. guts. and urine.

based Brock
>>
>>1203772
He got btfo on the mic by dbry that one time before summerslam, I'm sure he could have come back with something but he did right by allowing it.
>>
>>1211693
WHAT'S RUNNING DOWN HIS LEG?
>>
>>1211693
LETS

DO

THIIIIIIIIIIIIS
>>
>>1211063
You do realize Lawler had a very long career before broadcasting, right?

http://youtu.be/dlD0cD0FN7Q

By 1993 he was probably the best talker in the world at that point.
>>
>>1204744
Legends tier:
snek
Piper
Flair
Savage
Dusty

God Tier:
Austin
Mike Lient
Punk
Rock

Great:
Cena
HHH
Hok
Steph
Edge
Miz
Mark Henry
Beeg
Bossman
Bret (Heel USA/Face Canada era)
KO tbqh
>>
>>1212264
fug i forgot Angle

he should be right under Cena
>>
>>1203772
>Cena will never fuck you

God I just want to see his fat white cock go deep bare into my wife then hold her hand as she births his child.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.