[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't see this discussed a lot here, but is UFC the next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (561KB, 700x509px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
561KB, 700x509px
I don't see this discussed a lot here, but is UFC the next big threat to WWE?

UFC buy rates are climbing all the time, and at the same time WWE viewership has been collapsing for years. Surely their must be a correlation? As wrestling fans get more and more into the actual athletic side of things and want to see that over soap opera tier scripting, UFC offers a very viable real world alternative.

What do you guys think? Am i wrong?
>>
>McGrobber jobbed to a half mexicunt

No
>>
>UFC
Literally what?
>>
There is overlap, UFC is mostly watched by 18 to 25 year olds who would of watched wrestling when it was cool and some watch both. To Vince it's only competition if it's on at the same time as Raw, he sees disney as competition. WWE is also more of a kids show now. Boxing (with a resurging heavyweight division) is bigger competition to UFC
>>
>>1172778
eh, they're different things

I think if WWE fans want to get into more athletic side of things they seek out things like NJPW rather than moving to UFC.
>>
>>1172778
UFC is not a threat to WWE. UFC has already surpassed WWE by a huge margin. All your male friends will watch UFC, only the nerdy weeaboos will care about WWE.
>>
Probably not.

WWE will always have more appeal. It's generally scripted, family friendly and much more of a show than an actual fight event. The family friendly aspect is the most important thing.

UFC is far too violent for the average 8 year old, which is not my opinion but the opinion of most parents. It's certainly more skillful and raw than WWE, but lacks the family appeal.
>>
>>1172778
I watched wrestling till I was about 13 then I got bored of it and started watching mma, I'm sure a lot of other people do the same
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
WWE and UFC ARE 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BUSINESS!!! They're not competence to each other, you dumb twats
>>
>>1172859

UFC has borrowed a lot from WWE in terms of presentation and dramatizing it to build stars. They threw money at CM Punk who is a nobody in MMA. So whilst it's apples to oranges because one is a sport and one is a soap opera, UFC has to some extent filled the gap left behind by WCW. WWE has deal with Tapout clothing, people who are in their 20's watching WWE will likely have some interest in real fighting whether it's UFC or Boxing.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 512x512px
>>1172878
THEYRE STEEL DEEFERENT BOOSYNESS M9
>>
WWE has been so shit the past few years that I've started gravitating towards UFC.

I still watch both but prefer UFC nowadays.
>>
File: 1454577690407.jpg (623KB, 1012x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1454577690407.jpg
623KB, 1012x1256px
>>1172778
Why can't they both exist. Ufc is what I enjoy watching and wwe is obviously highlt geared toward children.

I tried watching wwe a while back just to see all the hype. Haven't watch since I was a kid so I tuned in. It was so stupid watching all these fake commentators and fake sports analysts talking about the wwe matches as if the out come was going to be a suprise.

Even tho I personally don't watch wwe and I prefer the talent, skill, and manliness of the sport of mma. I think wwe is actually cool as fuck. It holds a place in my childhood memories right next to monster trucks and swamp buggies. Cool events to bring the kids too but nothing I'd waste my personal time following.
>>
>>1172904
And then you turned 12. Feels good getting older eh?
>>
If think that you should see that video by Max Landis about wrestling. He's a fucking drama queen but he makes the very accurate point that if you're comparing WWE to any other sporting competition, you don't get the WWE because it's literally theater meant to be enjoyed as spectacle.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.