[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was told to come here from /sp/. The Collegiate Fencing Competition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I was told to come here from /sp/.

The Collegiate Fencing Competition was this past weekend at Brown University in Rhode Island, wrapping up my collegiate career. It's just going to be USFA tournies from now on, which is absolute suffering as a sabrist in the midwest.

Should I cave to the bandwagon and pick up epee?

But man, I was busting my ass at the end, trying to pick up the Freshman's slack and got a peak past my current plateau. I had about three parry ripostes where I felt like a god among men.
>>
who has the title belt
>>
>>1163640
We go to the olympics and get gold medals instead.
>>
>>1163652
so did kurt angle but he also had title belts
>>
>>1163640
>>1163666
Mandramafags go back to your threads and stay there.
>>
>>1163630
When I fenced in high school I did foil and sabre, got tired of it and quit. But years later I joined a fencing club that was exclusively epee and I enjoyed it much more
>>
>>1163843
Isn't this entire board containment for them?
>>
>>1163630

Wouldn't foil be easier to transition into over epee? also no a USfag but you guys do have some of the top foilists in the world and one of the top contenders to win the team event in the olympics. Not sure where in particular, but it seems like they are doing something right somewhere abouts there.
>>
>>1164153
USA is just good at sports because we have a very large population and enough money to make a glut of professional athletes that have trained all their lives. Ignoring for the moment the effect of big ticket sports like handegg and baseball getting the best of the best and leaving non for sports like rugby and football.

And I just personally don't like foil. I'm 6'3", which means when I goof off over at epee, I have enough reach, combined with sabre distance and footwork, that I still get reasonable amounts of touches even against our best epee fencers.
>>
>>1163630
French sabrist hereI'm also thinking about switching to epee, but I'm not really sure.

Redpill me on epee, /asp/
>>
>>1164411
The directors aren't shit unless they're literally blind.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.