[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women shell out so much cash for these "deadly" self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 3344[1].png (307KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
3344[1].png
307KB, 600x500px
Women shell out so much cash for these "deadly" self defense classes that obviously don't work. Its kind of sad. Its understandable if they live in a state with crippling gun laws, but here in TN I see women taking stupid shit like "combat yoga" and krav maga for self defense. No amount of groin kicks or biting is going to stop some 200 lb grown ass man from raping the shit out of you if he really wants to. If you aren't gaining any strength, or actually testing these "deadly" techniques you learn in against an uncooperative sparring partner, then you are wasting your time and money.
>>
>>1126220
So, I guess women can take boxing and combat wrestling as their best options right
>>
>>1126277
Literally yes
>>
Just as well you're posting this great advice here where so many woman will see it.
>>
>>1126280
I would prefer catch wrestling, hell we need womens wrestling back in the NCAA soon
>>
>>1126220

>self defense classes that obviously don't work

Yes and no.

You can't really compare those to competing sports. Self defense courses try to give you some tools in a short time. It's not a guarantee, but it's better than nothing.

I am doing serveral full contact martial arts, so I always assumed "sefl defense courses" were shit. One day I talked with my flatmate (blonde girl from sweden) about stuff like that and she told me she had done a self defense course. I was like "oh, can you show me something" and expected absolutly worthless techniques..

So we roleplayed that I mugged her and she made a quick step and immediately slammed her hand into my face, stopping about one inch in front of my nose.

I was really stunned because I never expected that speed from a tiny blonde. It would not have killed me but definately stopped me long enough for her to get away.

And that's why self defense can work: because you do the unexpected. Or does a rapist approach in fighting stance? No.

> No amount of groin kicks or biting is going to stop some 200 lb grown ass man

But when you do boxing or wrestling than weight differences don'T matter anymore? That's bullshit and we both know it.

If you are a small girl and get attacked by a huge guy, you either decide to give him the fight of your life (and don't bother getting A LOT of beating afterwards) or you surprise him somehow. Because you can't keep up a long fight anyway.

I'd always say BJJ or boxing is good for self defense, but it's not necessary to shit on self defense courses, as long as they don't make ridiculous claims and give you a false sense of security.

For exmaple the "scenatio training" of Krav is a good thing, especially for women who often have problems to unleach the ruthlessness and violence you need to actually overwhelm an attacker.
>>
>>1126220
>here in TN
what part?
fellow TNfag reporting
>>
>>1128519
Wanna fuck?
Im in knoxville shitlord.
>>
>>1127196
Best answer
>>
>Women shell out so much cash for these "deadly" self defense classes that obviously don't work.
But most I have seen are free.
While I disagree with some of the technique used and some of the teaching methods, a lot of the information about situational awareness, basics of hitting and targets to hit, etc. are not bad.
And even with it not being great training it has actually saved people, which is the whole point.
Something, even if it is not great, is MUCH better then nothing.

If they were actually willing to put the time and effort into becoming actual martial artist that would of course be better. But they are not. So it is best to provide them with at least a little something they can use to better their odds of survival in a violent encounter.

Also groin kicks are actually pretty effective if they land. You could argue they are higher % then most "standard" offensive techniques in the real world. Of course you would teach women to go for the groin when it is open. One clean hit can drop many men to their knees long enough to run away. What do you expect someone who is out matched in every way to do to survive such an encounter if they are not armed?
>>
>>1129747
>groin kicks are actually pretty effective if they land
Of course they are, billy. This cop took a nice clean cheerleader kick to the balls and that didn't stop him. Only thing it did was make him angry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nft4W6jJ7Do
>>
Women don't need to learn martial arts because they have the benefit of society defending them if they are in danger, more so than a man. If you have a girlfriend who is afraid of walking alone, tell her to just do it in broad day light when there are lots of people out. Problem solved. Also, don't take rides from strangers, no matter what kind of fancy car they drive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uccExOPMrI
>>
>>1128543
Wanna fight?
Too far anyway. Sorry family.
>>
>>1129992
sure
a/s/l
Ultimate Surrender rules
>>
>>1129902
Every single human being falls somewhere on a pain tolerance and threshold spectrum.
A very large majority fall around average.
Some are more sensitive than others, some are not as sensitive as others.

For a large majority of human males, a swift and powerful kick to the balls will put them in a substantial amount of pain.
>>
I did Krav Maga for 5 years or so, until I felt I had a good grip of it all and moved on to boxing.

But I think a lot of techniques are actually really useful. Especially because they practise for those dumb attacks you see on the street all the time.
>>
>>1127196
>Or does a rapist approach in fighting stance? No.
Never forget: Most of the chucklefucks who will attack an innocent person are not martial artists.
Being fit is a recipe for mental health and stability, after all. And martial arts are a niche thing, anyway.

Combined this results in any martial art being worthwhile for a street encounter. Some are more immediately useful than others, though.
>>
>>1130283
You forget adrenaline.
Real life isn't movies. Shoot a guy with a knife and he'll still stab you to death.
Kick a guy who's actually on adrenaline in the balls and he won't give a fuck.

Now, it would be different for a rapist, I would wager, due to them having a state of mind that is less fight or flight and more hornyness and an urge for power.
>>
>>1131599
The victim will be on adrenaline too. Probably even more so.
>>
>>1131599
>Now, it would be different for a rapist
Seems you have never raped
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.