[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>chinese spent 2000 years perfecting a martial art that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.jpg (129KB, 750x918px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
129KB, 750x918px
>chinese spent 2000 years perfecting a martial art that only works in movies
>>
>>1113310

You're one to talk

You're overweight...and the last thing you fought was the urge to masturbate for the third time in one day
>>
>>1113315

i wish my sex drive was that strong
>>
>>1113310
>shitpost about the chinese with a picture of a Korean

Some of us /kpg/ here nugu
>>
File: 1441001936574[1].gif (441KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1441001936574[1].gif
441KB, 320x240px
Did they use to fight each other like in the movies though?
I think it was only for exercising, not for self defense.
>>
>>1113361

thai people actually used their art for self-defense and warfare, i dunno what the chinese were doing with it.
>>
>>1113315

and you live paycheck to paycheck, senpai
>>
>>1113368
>i dunno what the chinese were doing with it.
They were cutting each other with swords and shit.
>>
>>1113310
It used to work before Helio Gracie brought grappling and leverage to martial arts
>>
>>1113576
wut
>>
>>1113310

>Kung Fu
>literally hundreds of styles
>hundreds of differnt approaches/paradigms to fighting
>dozens of different weapons

Also martial arts have a life cyle.

Back in the days when gyms weren't hard to find people included strectching and muscle training into the "package" of a martial art. Which would be pointless today, since we can just lift and everything..

If you look like something like Kalaripayattu toady it consists of a lot of yog-like, awkward movements. And it's probably not even that effecive anymore. Nevertheless it WAS a vrey effective fighting system. But times are changing and in eras of peace, martial arts where often forgotten. Look at HEMA for example, we don't know shit about how it really did go down. All we can do is try to reconstruct from ancient manuals and try things out in sparring.
>>
>>1113576
>literally got BTFO'd by a judoka because the original outshined the poor brazilian copy
>his clan literally BTFO'd by a catch as catch can shooter who would willingly give his back

biggest jokes/frauds in martial arts
>>
>>1113576
>Implying he didn't learn it from his brother Carlos
>Implying he didn't learn it from Maeda
>Implying he didn't learn it from Kano

Call it BJJ all you want, it's just Judo ne-waza
>>
File: Master Pai Mei.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Master Pai Mei.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>1113310
>嘲笑中國武術的復古
>採用韓國妓女的照片
>可能是一個超重的日本牛
>>
>>1113310
>a martial art
The term Kung Fu encompasses many many different styles
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styles_of_Chinese_martial_arts
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_martial_arts
>>1113368
>i dunno what the chinese were doing with it.
Same shit as the Thai and other warriors. Plus they had fights on raised spaces
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lei_tai
>>
>>1113315
you're upset because you know what he says is true
>>
File: EwjG200.jpg (22KB, 155x200px) Image search: [Google]
EwjG200.jpg
22KB, 155x200px
>>1113576
>>
Isn't it hard as hell to know whether China had legit martial arts (but I'd assume they did since everybody else did) since Mao a shit and tried to destroy Chinese culture for not being Marxist enough? Dude threw street magicians in jail, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>1116339
For that you just need to look at Taiwan
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.