[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the "Russo is bad" meme die? He single-handedly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Based Russo.jpg (15KB, 316x233px) Image search: [Google]
Based Russo.jpg
15KB, 316x233px
When will the "Russo is bad" meme die?

He single-handedly booked the greatest two years in WWE history (only 2000 under Kreski comes close). His time at WCW was a great improvement over the shit they had been putting out but he was working with an inferior roster, an inferior character web, and a shit load of issues with egos. TNA was always a disaster and he did the best he could.

If you really think McMahon was the key to the Attitude era success, you're ignorant. If you really think Russo was writing eight hours of ideas a week and Vinny Mac was just picking out the two hours that worked and abandoning 75% that was shit, you have no idea how long writing takes. There would have been very limited scope for bad ideas that didn't surface on TV when producing two (and eventually four) hours a week. It was all him.

Austin hitting Vince with a bedpan: Russo
Bossman feeding Al Snow Pepper: Russo
Vince is the Higher Power: Russo
Mankind supposedly says I Quit: Russo
DX imitating the Nation: Russo
Montreal screwjob work: Russo
Vince regaining the company because the hook raises at King of the Ring: Russo
Mankind getting screwed by Vince at Survivor Series: Russo

Get real bro. He was a genius.
>>
Russo pls
>>
Hi Russo
>>
File: Lor1.png (89KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
Lor1.png
89KB, 250x239px
I think Russo isn't a bad story teller, but Cornette said it best, once the bell rings, Russo is lost.
>>
THAT JUST AINT TRUE BRO I CREATED THE ATTITUDE ERA BRO. LET ME PUT IT PERFECTLY CLEAR BRO I CREATED STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN BRO. I DIDN'T RUIN WCW IT WAS JUST THOSE LOUDMOUTH FANS BRO. TNA WASN'T MY FAULT IT WAS THOSE INTERNET SMART MARKS BRO. LET ME PUT IT PERFECTLY CLEAR I CREATED THE ATTITUDE ERA BRO NOTHING I SAW IS INFALLIBLE BECAUSE I CREATED THE ATTITUDE ERA BRO.
>>
File: tumblr_n3kao13S8z1qhry52o1_250.gif (513KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3kao13S8z1qhry52o1_250.gif
513KB, 245x245px
>>1104864
Also, he's better when he's not the lead guy.
>>
those luchadores can't get over because they wear masks and can't speak english. Those spot monkeys need to go back to Japan [spoiler]bro[/spoiler]
>>
>>1104867

lel

I think Russo is a guy that does have writing talent and that understands structure and pace quite well. He cared about there being internal consistency in the product and no matter how mental or convoluted the storyline was that elevated the product hugely. He's definitely a guy that needs a Vince figure above him filtering and refining his ideas though.

I agree with Russo on Stephanie being a disaster when taking over creative. You either got it or you don't and she doesn't have a knack for storytelling.
>>
>>1104864
Cornette is a hack. Russo was a booker, not a match producer, so his knowledge of in-ring pro rasslin is irrelevant.
>>
>>1104849
Get off /ASP Russo.
>>
Great mind , bad storyteller
>>
Vince didn't need to cut out 75% because most of what Russo wrote was gold. When it was bad however it stunk like liquid shit, and those are the things Vince would have done away with, and which killed WCW'S ratings. I wouldn't say he was responsible for killing WCW though - that would be whoever was responsible for paying the top guys what they did and having a huge firework display for every entrance.
>>
>>1104943
>Cornette
>a hack

Russo, come on. Cornette may be a lot of things, a blowhard especially, but he knows more about the wrasslin' business than anyone.

Someone else here said it best, Russo is a good contributor, so long as his shit gets filtered through a proper editing process, but as the lead guy making all the final decisions and not having anyone to check his nonsense then his work is abject shit.
>>
tl;dr, but please stop. The man helped kill wcw, and set back tna by 10 years.
>>
>>1105073
Cornette almost hates everything everyone does ever though
>>
>>1105099
That's because aside from a few promotions for a short period of time, most of American pro wrestling has been in the toilet for 20 - 30 years. Of course he hates everything WWE does.

Russo did some good stuff, but most of it was garbage. Most of what is mentioned in OP post is garbage too, wtf. Please be joking.
>>
>>1105099
Is there any place he's complained about Big Dick Johnson and his creative fucking genius on Lucha Underground?
>>
The thing I like about him is that when he was around literally everbody was in a storyline.
>>
>>1105220
Cornette has called Lucha Underground shit tons of times. All because "people won't think it's real."
>>
>>1105241
Huh.

Do I think Mundo really smashed a cinder block over Cage's head? No. But then, I don't believe V actually withstood several policemen's sustained gunfire before cutting them down with a sword, either.

Do I believe Angelico actually jumped off the roof of the office several times, and do I believe AeroStar actually jumped off the rafters (or high up on a beam, whatever it was he was on, maybe upper balcony)? Yes. Yes, I do believe that. And that is fucking awesome.
>>
>>1105241
DUDE EXPOSING THE BUSINESS LMAO
>>
>>1105073
>Russo is a good contributor, so long as his shit gets filtered through a proper editing process
Then why is it that his best work - and the best work ever done in pro wrestling - was when he was writing a two hour weekly show solo in WWF and his worst work was on a committee in WCW and TNA?
>>
>>1105841
It wasn't though, that work was shit. Attitude era was garbage edge master angles, retard fucking gimmicks with guys walking around telling each other to suck each other's dicks and rim each other, and people hitting each other with literal trash char adding as "wrestling matches". Attitude era was twice as shitty as 1996 which at least had solid pro wrestling and less homos trying to fuck each other without telling the audience that they're dumb for watching fake fighting every week by destroying kayfabe.
>>
>Killed a company with awful storylines
>Genius

Right and Reigns is the next CM Punk
>>
>>1104864
thats what agents are for
>>
>>1105869
sting vs vampiro was the best thing in a while
>>
>>1104849
Razorfist is that you?
GOD
FUCKING
SPEED
>>
File: Corneto.png (626KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Corneto.png
626KB, 1280x720px
>>1105847
>>
>>1104849
Russo sucks dick senpai https://youtu.be/h4P3Waviy0k
>>
Didn't WWE's quality drastically improve right around the time he left in 99/00?
>>
File: austin-heel-turn.png (1MB, 1237x664px) Image search: [Google]
austin-heel-turn.png
1MB, 1237x664px
>>1105925
lol
>>
>>1105930
Yeah, but prior to that was arguably WWE's best year. And X7 was still a GOAT PPV in and of itself, and Austin was actually a fantastic heel. Only problem was no one wanted to see him as a heel and once the whole Invasion thing started it muddled everything up into a bunch of tweener bullshit.
>>
File: WM_2000.jpg (41KB, 373x480px) Image search: [Google]
WM_2000.jpg
41KB, 373x480px
>>1105933
lol
>>
>>1105936
Literally the only bad PPV that year, not counting the UK ones.
>>
>>1105925
2000 was a good year because Russo left them a body of well defined and over characters and they hired a competent writer. But it still pales in comparison to the highs of 1998 and 1999. No 'where to, Stephanie?' tier moments at all.
>>
>>1105936
>Mania presented by Snickers turned out to be shit
>Snickers sponsoring 32

Snickers confirmed to be the cancer killing wrestling.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.