[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled what is the official /asp/ con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: eddie guerrero.gif (2MB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
eddie guerrero.gif
2MB, 500x252px
Now that the dust has settled what is the official /asp/ consensus on Eddie Guerrero? How was he as a wrestler and at the mic? Did you cry during his memorial like half the roster and crowd did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-8-XE_D9s
http://strawpoll.me/7151190
>>
His character and ringwork were pretty spectacular but I've heard that he was actually a prick off kayfabe.

What can you expect from them Mohicans
>>
He was awesome and I remember marking out for him a lot when I saw him perform live 2 weeks before his death. Then again I've liked Eddie Guerrero since 2001 when I started watching wrestling.
>>
>>1096226
>I will never see him perform live
Feels horrible.
>>
>>1096204
>Benoit and Kurt's reactions
God damn
>>
GOAT.
>>
>>1096204
I was 10 when I saw the Memorial Show and I cried like a baby
>>
>eddie died
>benoit went cray2 and threw potatoes after potatoes to Haitch
>haitch took them potatoes like a champ and even let benoit pinned him
>even hugged him and be like "let it go, bro"

And you people still think haitch is an asshole
>>
>>1096394
link to da potatoez plz
>>
>>1096412
It was on eddie memorial episode afaik. you should look into them
>>
>>1096394
Benoit had serious brain damage. Stupid. That doesn't excuse an asshole for being an asshole.
>>
was there a better great technical wrestler with charisma? only one I can think of that comes close was Kurt Angle when he first started at WWF
>>
File: Big-Show-crying-whatistheexcel.jpg (621KB, 1728x905px) Image search: [Google]
Big-Show-crying-whatistheexcel.jpg
621KB, 1728x905px
>>1096227
>>
>>1096227
saw him as a face during the los guerreros, he was based and did the chair fake out.
>>
>>1097842

Chair fakeout was awesome

Always saw him as crusierweight to upper mid card

Never really saw him as main

If he wasnt on roids chasing the main we might still have him today

Double penis with cheese
>>
At his time of death I considered him top 5 possibly for most of his career.

He was one of a very few guys who could have almost any kind of match with any kind of wrestler and have it be really, really good, and play either heel or face at a moments notice as well as anyone. Probably not shoot style, but punishment style he would've still been boss, because he had shitloads of fire and scrappiness which is the most important shit in pro wrestling. He could do practically everything.

Only other people I would put in his class with the same versatility and charisma with that kind of scrappy fire and amazing psychology are rocky Romero (coincidently also a Black Tiger), Kota Ibushi, Minoru, and Koji Kanemoto.

He was better than most people realised as an actual wrestler, putting his charisma and the tragedy aside. If you can call dying from substance abuse a tradgedy.

Also, splash mountain power bomb motherfuckers. GOAT fucking finish.
>>
When i got into wrestling (after his death) I watched some of his matches. I honestly believe Eddie is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He was hilarious in his segments and that was the main reason i continued to watch, to see what crazy shit he would do next.I cry every time I watch the memorial, especially when it gets to Benoit. RIP Latino Heat.
>>
eddie was hilarious in wcw
>>
>>1097897
>He was one of a very few guys who could have almost any kind of match with any kind of wrestler and have it be really, really good, and play either heel or face at a moments notice as well as anyone.
This. Can't think of another wrestler that was as versatile.
>>
>>1096204
>tfw no eddie vs A+ player
would have been great.
>>
>>1098605
source?
>>
>>1098623
it was a show on the wwe network looking back and brock vs eddie and they interviewed some wrestlers about it, seth was the one that gave the best answer, he was a huge eddie mark growing up as kid.
>>
>>1098636
Thanks. Wish I could watch, sounds interesting
>>
What's his best match?
>>
>>1098669
whichever one was the first time he threw a chair at his opponent so they'd catch it and he would pretend for the ref that he was hit with it to get a dq win
>>
>>1098605
>tumblr gif
How is that impressive if they werent fighting for real
>>
>>1098669
eddie vs rey halloween havoc
jbl vs eddie when they bladed
brock vs eddie when eddie won the title.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>1098669
>>
>>1098669
>>1098719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkx-p_JpYyk
>>
>>1096204
>33% of /asp/ didn't shed tears for Eddie
I didn't know this place was so heartless
>>
>>1096204
How many big wrestling families are there? Include misc. people like the Hebners who all referee.
>>
Best Pound for Pound professional wrestler but what else do you expect out of a man who grew up with a wrestling ring in his backyard and a family who knew what they were doing.
>>
It makes me wonder what his role would be in the WWE if he hadn't died.
>>
>>1099206
Guerrero, armstrong, the anois obviously, the harts, the andersons, and the rotunda/windhams.
>>
>>1099904
Andersons are mostly a kayfabe family

There's also hundreds of families in Mexico
>>
>>1099904
Unknown but known in Canada. The Cormiers:Rudy Kay,the Beast,Leo Burke.
>>
>>1096204
>How was he as a wrestler and at the mic?
Great wrestler, overrated on the mic (lie, cheat, steal gets old after the 50th time, same as Cena's five moves of doom).
>>
>>1096204
why is the vein in his left arm popping out? was he still using heroin at the time?
>>
>>1096394

Can someone translate this post?
>>
>>1100452
Potatoes as in hard stiff punches
>>
>>1100452
>eddie died
>beniot went crazy because of it, and was throwing really stiff punches in the ring with hhh because of it
>hhh took them like a champ and didnt complain and even put over benoit by losing to him
>after the match he hugged him and tried to comfort him
>>
>>1100460
>>1096394
link to benoit throwing haitch potatoes?
>>
>>1096204
>that Shane, Benoit, Angle, Big Show, Chavo, JBL, Lillian, etc. all crying
>the crying in the crowd and thank you Eddie chanting
How do I become as charismatic and well-loved as Eddie?
>tfw probably no one will go to my funeral except hopefully some nice /asp/ bros
>>
>>1096204
Good wrestler. Post-death was annoying though. Especially Rey Mysterio never shutting up about Eddie and using it to get an undeserved world title.
>>
>>1100497
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZVhCHWPiOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW8ruPPZDMI

These vids are the match, its in Spanish though.
>>
>>1101274
that was nice thank you
>>
File: eddie.png (275KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
eddie.png
275KB, 512x384px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfdMHysCf0
>>
Based and actually a great technical wrestler.

He probably just needed a real friend in his life. Sad really.
>>
File: 032706_Meh_slide.jpg (56KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
032706_Meh_slide.jpg
56KB, 300x400px
>>1096204
Maybe the most overrated guy ever. Him or bret honestly. Wasn't entertaining/was a dirtbag/decent in the ring if he was against somebody who was actually good it was watchable. Barely breaks the top 50.
>>
>>1105018
>>1105795
>>1105806
this
>>
>>1105813
that's somewhat contradictory
>>
>>1105852

18+ junior
>>
>>1105853
what does that mean
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.