[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there evidence that bruce lee was a capable fighter? how would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: bruce.jpg (122KB, 826x725px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
122KB, 826x725px
is there evidence that bruce lee was a capable fighter? how would he hold up against a modern mmartist in his weight range?
>>
>>1044711
>how would he hold up against a modern mmartist in his weight range?
poorly. but if he went to a modern mma training camp to get some formal training I'm sure he would do fine. bruce lee has been discussed to death on this board already just let the man rest in peace.
>>
I'd kick his yellow ass
>>
>>1044777
This. He was an EXTREMELY gifted man, speed and stature wise. Against any of us I'm sure his JKD would be very painful, but it is no more effective than any other single martial art in a cage fight. Some MMA training and I'm sure he'd at least be on TV.

What about Benny Urquidez? Extremely, extremely gifted kickboxer. How do you think he'd do even in his prime if he just wandered into a UFC octagon?
>>
File: j_chan.jpg (100KB, 376x481px) Image search: [Google]
j_chan.jpg
100KB, 376x481px
What if Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee were to have formal UFC training?

How do you think the fight would go down?

Would Jackie Chan try to out-grapple Bruce Lee?

Do you think Bruce Lee would allow Jackie Chan to get close enough to grapple?
>>
>>1044711
I wouldn't be surprised if he would end up being a decent striker, but I don't know of him ever learning to grapple.

Also with JKD philosophy he would probably just walk up to the other guy and lay in, none of this pussy keeping your distance shit we see now days
>>
chuck norris says bruce lee was actually a good fighter based on practicing with him
chick norris was actually a fighter, so his opinion is valid
>>
>>1044711
>is there evidence that bruce lee was a capable fighter?
No
>>
Holy shit, this is the absolute worst board on all of 4chan, which puts it high on the list of worst content on the internet
>>
>>1044956

Chuck Norris was a point stop karate fighter. Yes, he was one at the most hardcore point of point stop, where they were really laying into each other and trying to ikken hiatsu motherfuckers irl, but it was still point stop.

As far as I know, he never dabbled in kickboxing because by then his film career had taken off and it was more lucrative to pretend he could fight than ever actually prove it.
>>
>>1044837
>Against any of us I'm sure his JKD would be very painful
You're a big guy.
>>
>>1044837
>What about Benny Urquidez? Extremely, extremely gifted kickboxer. How do you think he'd do even in his prime if he just wandered into a UFC octagon?

He had a black belt in judo as well as far as I can recall. The internet says he has them in like 10 martial arts, but I remember him hip throwing a guy who had repeatedly fouled him in one kickboxing match.

As he was? He'd do ok.

With a bit of BJJ and wrestling training to round it off, plus time spent sparring under muay thai rules?

You'd have the best kicker in UFC history IMO.
>>
>>1045302
Naseem Hamed could dish out a mean throw, too, when he got upset, and with taped/gloved hands and boxing trunks, to boot. What was that meant to prove?
>>
>>1045316

Oh, just that of all the arts benny had blackbelts in, at least the judo wasn't a political/honorary thing. He was actually trained in it, which meant he could actually kinda grapple.

I should clarify. He'd do "ok" in early ufc. Not now, now he'd need crosstraining, but the striking base he has would work for it.
>>
>>1045323
Very true, I was playing devil's advocate. Of all the old movie/martial arts guys he's the one I'd most like to see in the Octagon. It'd be awesome to see his legs up against Mirko, but there's damn near 100 lbs and 8" in the difference.

Still, a trained, young Benny the Jet vs Conor "muh potatoes" McGregor is something I would gladly pay to see.
>>
>>1044865
Jackie Chan can beat anyone already tbqhwy.
>>
>>1044711
I'd fucking destroy him. He was nothing more than smoke and mirrors. A poor imitation of a real fighter. Kind of like a WWE superstar.
>>
>>1044837
>He was an EXTREMELY gifted man, speed and stature wise.
>stature wise

I can't tell if that's a short joke or a small dick joke.
>>
>>1044711
Gene lebel taught him judo and said so
>>
>>1044711
According to Joe lewis he was great: https://youtu.be/S7oa_PNSzCE
>>
>>1044865
Jackie chan vs Bruce lee is a completely unnecessary comparison.
One had conventional kung fu training from a young age, one was a naughty young boy who got into fights, but didn't start traditional training until he was a teenager, but excelled at it.
Bruce Lee wasn't particularly old when he died, and he had a wealth of knowledge and a basic vision for what would have become mma much earlier if he had lived.
Jackie Chan has been training constantly his entire life and still an active martial artist and actor, probably still at his physical peak in terms of everything except the number that makes his age.

Both at their 'peaks' Jackie would win simply because of decades more experience having not died 'young'.

The martial arts world would be fundamentally more developed if Bruce Lee had not died before he could get JKD off the ground, as it stood at his time of death, JKD was like Krav Maga with a different philosophy a few years ahead of it's time.
>>
>>1045331

I'd count Donnie Yen in the "I'd like to see him compete" category as well. Never understood why he was always second string to Chan and Li.
>>
>>1051594
As a Jkd practioner I agree. His student and main JKD authority Dan Innosanto says Bruce changed the system everyday. Redifined. But the thing is it was way too unstandartized.

This is a double edged sword and somewhow kali and silat are now taught together. Its a little messy. Which is weird because Lee mainly work with jiujutsu and judo. At least his notes show so.

Now would Lee do well in UFC? UFC would be too soft for Bruce Lee. No finger Jabs, no biting, no weapons. I assume he'd do well but he is a legend because he was more than your average rude arrogant dirty cage monkey.

Also he'd do well because Holm did well. She fights a lot like a JKD practioner oblique kicks, keeping your distance, fast punches you name it.
>>
File: For You.jpg (83KB, 589x570px) Image search: [Google]
For You.jpg
83KB, 589x570px
>>1045160
>>
>>1045144
Chuck Norris was a pretty big deal in TKD too man. Not discrediting your point, but for all the jokes Chuck Norris really was a martial arts master.
>>
>>1051902
To be the karate tournament world champion of any weight class usually requires being a martial arts master and being extremely capable physically, and thats just to make it to the semis, to actually make it to the final fight means your made of steel, and to win it means you can take anyone.
>>
He was great. But he would be destroyed in a modern fight
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.